• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else should come of hearing about Harry and Meghan and this gigantic Royal PR exercise? I for one will avoid it today.
With a wife and daughter I not only had to watch the wedding but the also the shitty channel 5 film that was on after about how they met. Managed to sneek off and get a couple of rounds of Skeet in only to come back and the highlights were on!

Glad I wasn't the only one fed up with this Royal family PR exercise being constantly pushed in our faces.

Trump decides to cancel the summit with Kim Jong Un. Showing his masterful grasp of diplomacy. Also his personal letter to Kim was painful to read.

I notice he didn't bother to tell his own side beforehand either, not just Moon Jae In, but Mike Pompeo too. And all because he didn't want Kim to get the "credit" of pulling out of the talks, and with nothing to suggest that that was going to happen.

In other news...
https://eu.azcentral.com/story/opin...ate-families-lost-kirstjen-nielson/631627002/
the federal government has lost – yes, lost – 1,475 migrant children in its custody.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen told Congress that within 48 hours of being taken into custody the children are transferred to the Department of Health and Human Services, which finds places for them to stay.

"They will be separated from their parent," said Democratic Sen Kamala Harris.

"Just like we do in the United States every day," Nielsen replied.
Just like in the states, only ... not

Except that the states, unlike the federal government, have systems in place to better screen the people who become guardians of the children and much better ways to keep track of those children.

And not lose them.

That is what happened to 1,475 minors swept up at the border and taken into custody by the federal government.

Gone.

The Office of Refugee Resettlement reported at the end of 2017 that of the 7,000-plus children placed with sponsored individuals, the agency did not know where 1,475 of them were.

Republican Sen. Rob Portman said, "It's just a system that has so many gaps, so many opportunities for these children to fall between the cracks, that we just don't know what's going on — how much trafficking or abuse or simply immigration law violations are occurring."

A documentary from the PBS program "Frontline" said that the federal government has actually released some of the minors to human traffickers.

Imagine that.

And now we want to dramatically ramp up the number of children who are removed from their parents?

I still genuinely think Trump wants a war with someone just so he can say he won a war.

Like that was ever in doubt.
He also wants to fire nukes, he has a boner for them, doesn't see the point of having them if they're not used, and knows it will out his name in the history books forever, I'm not sure if he doesn't care, or doesn't realise that would be as a warning, not an example to follow

Obama suggests talking to Kim Jong Un, Fox go bonkers with how he is a tyrant sympathiser and you don't negotiate with NK. Trump says he could invite KJU to the Whitehouse if the meeting goes well and he's a master diplomat...

It's staggering how even when the blatant hypocrisy is put right in their faces, Trump supporters still can't see it.

He won't touch World Peas
file.php

I thought we'd reached peak MAGA when Kanye joined the team and then Kim visited the White House to get some random lady serving a life sentence pardoned.

Then we declared Canada a national security threat and Trump told Trudeau that it was because they burned down the White House in 1815. (Even more hilarious to watch supposedly important commentators try and act like Trump was serious in that reasoning.) He strolls into Canada a couple days later throwing bombs at the traitors who pose as Western leaders. He calls them on their bluff and proposes actual free trade, not managed trade deals written by multinational corporations for the benefit of the very rich and the 3rd world. MAGA up a level.

But today I think we may have finally reached the peak with this interview with one of my great childhood heroes.

So much to unpack here.
A MAGA hat / sponsored potcoin.com t shirt combo.
Kim told Dennis that his following through on bringing a pro basketball team to North Korea was the first time that a foreigner had kept his word to North Korea.
Kim told Dennis to take a message back to Obama. Obama blew him off when Dennis brought the peace overture back from Korea. (Looks like following on the heels of Kanye having the same complaint, every mentally ill black celebrity that Obama brushed aside like a normal person would is joining up with team MAGA as revenge. We will use their talents.)
Dennis starts to cry. He had to hide out because of death threats on his return to America. "I knew things were going to change. I was the only one. I knew it." "I took those bullets."
"I just fell in love with the country on day one." Dennis on his first trip to North Korea. I'm not sure those words have ever been spoken before in all of human history.
"This is not about Dennis being the greatest person in the world leading these two people together."
Dennis saying that Kim is like a big kid. He wants to travel the world. He wants to come to America. On a serious note, I've been telling people recently that I feel a bit sorry for Kim. He didn't create the system. He's riding the tiger. If you're in that position and want to change how do you get off? All the high ups who've been around before him won't allow that, because the people will tear them to pieces when they find out the truth about what their country could have been over the past decades of struggle. Perhaps Kim really does see the chance to do good for his country and go down as an all time great Korean leader. But how do you get from point A to point B. It's not such a simple answer.
Dennis says that Trump's secretary called today and thanked Dennis for everything he did. I just know that Trump will invite Dennis to his Nobel ceremony. Those snooty Swedes having to honor Trump and Rodman is going to be one of the great moments in world history.
Dennis thanks Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam for unknown reasons.

Last edited:
In case you missed it years ago, here's the viral video of the same CNN anchor interviewing a drunk Dennis Rodman from North Korea. Charles Smith tries to talk boring sense at first. Go to about half way through to see Dennis go off the rails.

When asked about what was "agreed" to but not signed...

"I don't have to verify because I have one of the greatest memories of all time"

In terms of the content of what's been agree; and as far as I can tell.
What Kim got out of Trump:
1. Legitimacy
2. A public, on camera, promise to halt war games in the area.

What Trump got out of Kim:
1. The bones of some soldiers who died 65 years ago
2. USA's agreement that Kim and Moon have already agreed to one day, maybe, in the dim and distant future, denuclearise the Korean peninsular - which will take 25 years before we know if it's worked or not - A good thing, don't get me wrong, an essential step. But it's still just Trump's agreement that an agreement has already taken place).

Last edited:
Trump's charity now being sued for misuse of funds, illegal political contributions and promoting his campaign. Trump denies it of course doing his usual childish retorts. I'm staggered at how people still support with corrupt, petulant prick.

Trump's charity now being sued for misuse of funds, illegal political contributions and promoting his campaign. Trump denies it of course doing his usual childish retorts. I'm staggered at how people still support with corrupt, petulant prick.
TBH, most of the support I see for him these days is because he annoys "libtards" which is obviously far more important than policy, diplomacy, or anything else.

They actually revel in the hypocrisy, because they don't really care about principles, and just love annoying those who do.

Haha. Democrats investigating Trump's charity. Jesus Christ. Projection much.

Of all the things that can be said about the Clinton Foundation, the funniest is how she used it as a front to hire people Obama had banned her from hiring at the State Department. These folks then ran an off the books intelligence operation trying to figure out how to convince everyone to overthrow Gaddafi and then profit from the aftermath. Somehow Clinton managed to convince Obama to launch the attack over the objection of the Defense Department. We all know how that turned out. Obama letting the Clinton's anywhere near his administration is all anyone should need to know when judging his executive skills. BTW, this was the reason she needed the private email that ended up getting her in such ****. Hard to plan a secret war if the people charged with oversight can see what you're doing.

WTF: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44495598

The NHS in England is to receive an extra £20bn a year as a 70th "birthday present", the prime minister has said.

Theresa May is expected to detail where the additional health service funding will come from on Monday.

However, she told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show the boost will be funded partly by a "Brexit dividend" available once the UK stops paying into the EU budget.

Labour said the government had failed to fund the NHS properly and was relying on "a hypothetical" windfall.

In her BBC interview, Mrs May said the increase will exceed the £350m-a-week extra promised by Leave campaigners during the EU referendum campaign.

The spending plan means the £114bn-a-year budget will rise by more than 3% a year on average in the next five years.

That will mean by 2023 the budget will be £20bn a year more than it is now once inflation is taken into account.

But crucially the plan just covers front-line budgets overseen by NHS England.

About a tenth of the overall health budget is held by other bodies for things such as training and healthy lifestyle programmes, including stop smoking services and obesity prevention programmes.

Trump and his administration lying again claiming it is the Democrats who are responsible for the children being separated. I think this goes to show how morally bankrupt a large segment of the US population is, that they will accept constant lying and using children as hostages to get what he wants. How much further is it going to go?

Trump and his administration lying again claiming it is the Democrats who are responsible for the children being separated. I think this goes to show how morally bankrupt a large segment of the US population is, that they will accept constant lying and using children as hostages to get what he wants. How much further is it going to go?

Probably another 6 years once Trump gets re-elected as the Democrats don't have a viable candidate to run and beat Trump in 2020. My theory is USA is the modern day version of The Roman Empire and we know what happened to The Roman Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts