• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans control the House, Senate, presidency and judiciary and have held the legislative branch for nearly 8 years but claim the Democrats are the reason they can't do anything...

How can the democrats block bills in the Senate? You know purely from a procedural point of view that doesn't include filibustering?

Also are you like 6? Trump is nowhere b
near the most popular president with Republicans for.many years you only have to go back to Bush Jr. who was immensely popular post 9/11 and had one highest approval records of any president in history. Meanwhile Trump has one of the lowest.
I apologize for being incorrect and not more clear with my point. I said Trump was more popular with his own party than recent Presidents. You are correct that Dubya was more popular at the same point in his Presidency, still less than a year after 9/11.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timot...arty-approval-rating-at-500-day-mark-n2486936
Trump is at 87% with Republicans. Obama was at 79% with Democrats at the same point. I was trying to draw a distinction between my use of the phrase "Republicans wanting to fix this" and the Republican Party leadership in the Congress. As of polling a few months ago I could find that Speaker Ryan is at 66% and Majority Leader McConnell is at 31% with Republicans. Trump has unprecedented support with the rank and file of his own party, but there's a group at the top with outsized power who oppose him, most especially on his restrictive immigration and less war hawkish policies.

Yes, the Democrats can filibuster if they can round up 40 votes. I doubt that will happen. But they can gum up the movement of any bill through procedural movements, and the media will cover for them.

A Rasmussen poll:
54% of Americans place the majority of the blame for separation on the illegal immigrant parents.
35% place the majority of the blame on federal government policy.
Economist poll:
Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-1.09.38-PM.png

The racial breakdown of people thinking we should go back to catch and release:
White-19%, Black-16%, Hispanic-20%, Other-18%.
And this in a nutshell is the reason someone as personally ridiculous as Trump is our President. You can't find a single major media member outside of Fox News, any bigwig religious figures, almost no major politicians, and no corporate ***ans who take the position that the majority of Americans hold on this specific immigration issue, and this is a constant of our current immigration politics. The people and the powerful are so far apart it's like we're living in different worlds.

I will now leave this subject to you all, unless someone can rebut something else I said in a previous post that's more central to the issue at hand than Trump's popularity with Republicans. I explained the issue as best I understand it, but there could be something I'm misunderstanding.

Trump's rallies as President are like a classic rock band playing the old hits. Here he is yesterday in Duluth, Minnesota wondering about the gender of a protester. Ah, the good old days.

Last edited:
Trumps popularity with Republicans doesn't matter if Republicans popularity with the country as a whole is dropping.

All this shows is that after all the bleating from Republicans about others being partisan, like most things they are the worst offenders and just massive hypocrites. It's no coincidence that Republicans have lost what were very safe seats.

To be honest thats most people in politics

Maybe, but Trump is the epitome of a narcissist who has got to where he is on the back of this trait and the highest office in the world.

Republicans control the House, Senate, presidency and judiciary and have held the legislative branch for nearly 8 years but claim the Democrats are the reason they can't do anything...

And Long as there is a fat, sociopathic, racist pig continuing to live in The White House, they will continue making that claim.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44732754

Plans to fly a giant inflatable figure depicting Donald Trump as a baby over London during the US president's visit have been approved.

Mr Trump is due to meet Theresa May at 10 Downing Street on 13 July.

Campaigners raised almost £18,000 for the helium-filled six-metre high figure, which they said reflects Mr Trump's character as an "angry baby with a fragile ego and tiny hands".

London Mayor Sadiq Khan gave permission for the balloon to fly.

The White House has been approached for comment.

On Twitter former UKIP leader Nigel Farage said the plan was "the biggest insult to a sitting US President ever".

The absolute state of Britain!!!

_102379052_magid.jpg

"I Magid Magid, Lord Mayor & first citizen of this city hereby declare that not only is Donald J Trump a WASTEMAN, but he is also henceforth banned from the great city of Sheffield!

"I further declare July 13th to be Mexico Solidarity Day!"

I was going to compare modern Britain to Idiocracy, but the more apt comparison might be Rome around 500.

I also heard your government is trying to ban Trump from meeting his buddy Nigel. WTF? You'd think they'd want someone to butter Trump up. I'm absolutely positive Trump has no respect whatsoever for May, as he's a good judge of that type of thing. What are they thinking?

Britain's may be image bad state at the moment, though the Lord Mayor of Sheffield has nothingness lot to do with that - I have to wonder if you'd complain so much if he was a white man.
Of course, Britain's still in far less of a state that the USA, at least our leader is (relatively) benignly incompetent, whilst yours is most definitely malignantly incompetent, not to mention evil.

As for Trump having no respect for May - that's okay TBH, no-one any respect for May, which again, is a few steps up on Trump, who is not only not respected, but actively abhorred.

As for Rome around 500? Have you looked around the only superpower in the world who's busy dismantling itself and crumbling into irrelevance?

As for Trump and Farage - once again, you heard wrong - just wrong. It's not even a parody, just an outright lies that even a 4 year old would've ashamed of trying, let alone of believing.

Lots of foreign leaders respect Trump, not that I care one way or the other about that. Yes, weak Western European globalist leaders dislike him, but that's a plus in my book.

Trump is not evil. He's just not a traitor who sells out the average people of our country to foreigners so they let him play global ruler, as our last generation of "leaders" have done. It made a certain amount of sense in the Cold War to subsidize the "free world" through defense and trade pacts which benefited those countries in order to contain global communism. In the post Cold War world our leaders decided to double up on these bad deals. They put playing at world ruler over the people they were supposed to represent. Trump is trying to put things right again. I'd have thought Euro lefties would be happy to have the US go back to being a normal country with normal interests. It's not like our rulers did any good at running the world after the Soviet Union was defeated. For some reason they've signed up with the globalists and neo-liberals.

To the extent the USA has been weakened, it's been deindustrialization, liberalism, and mass immigration that's at fault. Trump is trying his best, but I'm overall bearish on the future of the USA. You may be right that our best years have passed. I hope that's incorrect.

Sorry, if I'm wrong about Trump and Farage. Saw a headline about it a couple days ago.
http://www.newsweek.com/british-gov...-trump-not-meet-nigel-farage-uk-visit-1006000

Last edited:
That's not a ban you cretin.

It's incredibly basic foreign policy that a foreign power chooses the people who act on their behalf in regards to representation to another foreign power. In regards to Farage himself why would a party select a man who does represent their views, is unlikely to be told what to do and has failed to be elected as an MP 6 times.

Farage's importance in UK politics is vastly over inflated. This is nothing more than an ego trip for him.

The rest of your post is utter rubbish as well.

Another poisoning in England linked to the Novichok used during the alleged assassination of the ex-Russian spy.

Truth, or an attempt to remind the public that Russia is still bad even though the World Cup is going smoothly?

That's not a ban you cretin.

It's incredibly basic foreign policy that a foreign power chooses the people who act on their behalf in regards to representation to another foreign power. In regards to Farage himself why would a party select a man who does represent their views, is unlikely to be told what to do and has failed to be elected as an MP 6 times.

Farage's importance in UK politics is vastly over inflated. This is nothing more than an ego trip for him.

The rest of your post is utter rubbish as well.
Oh, I'd imagine it's pretty normal for US and British politicians to have official meetings with figures from different parties when they visit the other country.

It just seems odd that your government is trying to prevent Nigel from having a role. He's legit buddies with Trump. Whatever people in the UK think of Trump, it seems like you need him on your side right now with Brexit. Trump's inclined to help you out on that I'd imagine. Supposedly he offered Macron a sweetheart trade deal if he'd blow up the EU. But like I said, I doubt he has much respect for May. It would seem to make sense to use Nigel, if only as someone to butter Trump up. Like you said, it's not like Nigel is some sort of threat to unseat the May government if he's seen publicly as doing a good job.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-its-name-in-honor-of-trumps-visit/ar-AAzDlRb
This London Pub Owner Is Changing Its Name In Honor Of Trump's Visit
AAzDlR1.img

Well considering Macron is a centrist (left to the USA)staunch pro European liberal. Trumps offer was never going to fly and he knew it unless he fails to understand the basic political stance of those he's talking to.

And why this government is pretty awful they aren't stupid enough to know doing what Trump what's will get them a good deal. All his actions with long term allies show hes quite willin shove everything under a bus at a drop of a hat.

Also absolutely not on official meeting there might be backroom meetings occasionally but nothing with cameras and certainly nothing the media gets wind of.

Ask yourself this how pictures did you see of Bush Jr. with Michael Howard, Ian Duncan Smith or William Hague? What about Ed Milliaband or Jeremy Corbyn with Obama? This is pretty basic stuff.

No idea what your point about the pub is anti-Trump protests are going to huge whilst he's here and the counter protests will be tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts