• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst bit? I can see the response to criticism of this so easily. "Well you're a man so of course you would oppose this". It's like how mansplaining was used as a tool to dismiss men explaining anything. Man explaining thing to woman? Can only be mansplaining regardless of the level of expertise of either party. I'd support her on many things but Brexit is simply not a man problem, or did she conveniently forget who was PM before Johnson?
Mansplaining was a legitimate criticism of the tendency of men explaining something to a woman like she knew nothing on a subject even if they were an expert (I've seen it happen). Unfortunately people took it a little too literally and complained whenever a man explained anything (which I've also seen).

Someone comes up with a decent point and people run with it so hard it becomes hard to defend the original point.

This is just so head thumpingly boneheaded its beyond belief.

Mansplaining was a legitimate criticism of the tendency of men explaining something to a woman like she knew nothing on a subject even if they were an expert (I've seen it happen). Unfortunately people took it a little too literally and complained whenever a man explained anything (which I've also seen).

Someone comes up with a decent point and people run with it so hard it becomes hard to defend the original point.

This is just so head thumpingly boneheaded its beyond belief.
What about manspreading?... sat in a single chair... in your own home

What about manspreading?... sat in a single chair... in your own home
Ugh don't get me started, yeah if anyone encroaches on your personal space in a public area without a need to, its a real problem. Otherwise shut the f up.

ARGHHHHHH

Bloody Caroline Lucas whom I usually have a lot of respect for. Great job you got your name in headlines but getting into a debate about whether woman would be better than men is not what we bloody well need right now....
Now come on, Maggie and Teresa May proved that woman are better than men at running the country

Now come on, Maggie and Teresa May proved that woman are better than men at running the country
Part of the reason I voted for Swinson for LD leader was to prove women are actually capable at this ****. (there really wasn't much between the candidates Ed Davey was equally capable).

Bloody Caroline Lucas whom I usually have a lot of respect for. Great job you got your name in headlines but getting into a debate about whether woman would be better than men is not what we bloody well need right now....

Imagine if a man had come out and said we need a cabinet that has no women in it and that'd get it all sorted quite quickly.

Do they not realise that being a sexist is not gender specific?

The worst bit? I can see the response to criticism of this so easily. "Well you're a man so of course you would oppose this". It's like how mansplaining was used as a tool to dismiss men explaining anything. Man explaining thing to woman? Can only be mansplaining regardless of the level of expertise of either party. I'd support her on many things but Brexit is simply not a man problem, or did she conveniently forget who was PM before Johnson?
"Funnily" enough, I was accused of mansplaining today.
New patient, so i spent about 40-45 minutes getting information out of her with a mix of open and closed question, getting her to tell me what's wrong, then about 15-20 minutes of physical examination to confirm suspicions and about 30 minutes of me explaining to her what the diagnosis was, what all of that means, the natural progress of it without treatment, various treatment options with their various risks and benefits, and taking her through some homework.
I was told that she didn't come in to be lectured at and didn't appreciate me thinking I knew more about it than she did (she's a teaching assistant) and if I'd spent more time listening and less talking I'd have known that.
Oh, and that by giving her homework I was infantilising her, and she didn't appreciate being patronised that way.

That was fun.

I had to see the doctor today, and although the young whipper snapper (I'm 34 the guy must of just got his GP license and only this only a few years younger than me) and whilst it's an ongoing problem of which I'm mainly looking for a prescription due the flair up I don't tell him he's treating me like a child....especially as I'm on a no alcohol ban again.

"Funnily" enough, I was accused of mansplaining today.
New patient, so i spent about 40-45 minutes getting information out of her with a mix of open and closed question, getting her to tell me what's wrong, then about 15-20 minutes of physical examination to confirm suspicions and about 30 minutes of me explaining to her what the diagnosis was, what all of that means, the natural progress of it without treatment, various treatment options with their various risks and benefits, and taking her through some homework.
I was told that she didn't come in to be lectured at and didn't appreciate me thinking I knew more about it than she did (she's a teaching assistant) and if I'd spent more time listening and less talking I'd have known that.
Oh, and that by giving her homework I was infantilising her, and she didn't appreciate being patronised that way.

That was fun.
Think she has some real first world problems

BBCNI are currently airing a show called "Peter Taylor: My Journey through the Troubles". If ever there was a show to tell you Boris doesn't care about his people it's this. That man is prepared to allow a border be put up on this islan knowing, he'll be forced to put troops here and it's beyond clear the British army don't belong on this island, they don't understand the place, they're not wanted and they don't know how to deal with either community correctly, it's asking for trouble. Going forth with a no deal Brexit will not only show how flippant the man is to Ireland but also the safety of his own defence forces.

Edit: I know I'm like a broken record with comments like this but literally every angle you look at it is terrifying.

Last edited:
How can you trust a man to look after the country who is incapable of looking after his own hair?

BBCNI are currently airing a show called "Peter Taylor: My Journey through the Troubles". If ever there was a show to tell you Boris doesn't care about his people it's this. That man is prepared to allow a border be put up on this islan knowing, he'll be forced to put troops here and it's beyond clear the British army don't belong on this island, they don't understand the place, they're not wanted and they don't know how to deal with either community correctly, it's asking for trouble. Going forth with a no deal Brexit will not only show how flippant the man is to Ireland but also the safety of his own defence forces.

Edit: I know I'm like a broken record with comments like this but literally every angle you look at it is terrifying.

As someone living in Northern Ireland it is horrendous how we are being used for the Nationalist murmurings of some English people. The DUP are idiots and have done more harm than good in relation to Brexit. NI was always divided, but it could really make things worse, especially as Border Force are hiring loads of people in NI for 'customs work', which effectively means No Deal is a certainty.

As a young person, late twenties, who didn't grow up during the Troubles and missed the end of it, luckily, my generation will not be able to handle or understand if it doesn't downhill. Add to that it's my generation who has made Belfast the vibrant city it is with investment and dynamic new bars and restaurants. We will leave the country, but to go where?

Definitely now wondering whether buying a house in NI is sensible

What drivel. The British army has several bases in NI now and recruits from there too. Are you saying Regiments like the RIH and Irish Guards don't belong in their own country?

Corbyn's plan to stop no deal. He's written to opposition leaders and Tory rebels asking for help to oust Bojo and installing him as caretaker PM until a GE.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ition-leaders-and-tory-rebels-to-help-oust-pm

Swinson's already said no.
Corbyn has burnt almost all good will with remainers, he still wants to negotiate a new Brexit deal. He's also definitely not a centerist... just never going to get the trust of LD's and right of center Tories. He struggles for MPs within his own party.

I still think we will have a GE but not one after a temporary Corbyn government.

Ah well we'll see what the first week of September brings.

LDs it's a bit of gamesmanship they stand to gain heavily in a GE it's the best case scenario for them welding true parliamentary influence again. Also the fact they were so heavily burned by the coalition they unlikely to prop up any government without a clear route to stopping Brexit. It would be supply and confidence.

What drivel. The British army has several bases in NI now and recruits from there too. Are you saying Regiments like the RIH and Irish Guards don't belong in their own country?
They had several bases there in the 70s... And weren't turning potential recruits away either.

I'm saying the organisation that killed innocent people from peaceful protesters to unarmed children, colluded with illegal paramilitaries and showed clear and obvious bias to one side of a war that your government denies ever happened should at all costs avoid being deployed here. Whenever the British army has been deployed in Ireland they've either sent all the scum they could find or the little bit of power they had has immediately turned them into scum, keep them out. It's not like the troops ever wanted to be here I either like.

Hints in the name by the way, "British" army, leave them over there in Britain, they're not Irish. I'd rather the phony, non-deployable bases weren't here either but right now they're fairly harmless.

They had several bases there in the 70s... And weren't turning potential recruits away either.

I'm saying the organisation that killed innocent people from peaceful protesters to unarmed children, colluded with illegal paramilitaries and showed clear and obvious bias to one side of a war that your government denies ever happened should at all costs avoid being deployed here. Whenever the British army has been deployed in Ireland they've either sent all the scum they could find or the little bit of power they had has immediately turned them into scum, keep them out. It's not like the troops ever wanted to be here I either like.

Hints in the name by the way, "British" army, leave them over there in Britain, they're not Irish. I'd rather the phony, non-deployable bases weren't here either but right now they're fairly harmless.

Yes they were the only guilty ones in the whole of the troubles you clown.

Yes they were the only guilty ones in the whole of the troubles you clown.
Where did I say that? Do you think they have ever done a good job when deployed in this country? You can restrict your amswer to the troubles if you don't know the rest of their history here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts