• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rhetoric coming out of the Brexit camp is sounding more like religion with each passing day. Promise the world and when it doesn't deliver, find a scapegoat and say you just weren't believing hard enough.

I'm shocked that energy and positivity hasn't sorted this out in the last fortnight.

The doomsters and gloomsters remain rooted in exactly the same place.
I tried telling the lady at the bank that she needed to be more positive and optimistic, but she was adamant that my £100 was worth €96

Over to Texcas however - and this is a good look!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49253691
Texas police apologise for horseback officers leading black man by rope

Epstein found dead from "suicide".
Yeah "suicide" whilst already on "suicide" after a previous attempt. Successful first time I wouldn't question, but a second whilst specifically considered at risk and with way more attention?

Not that I'll shed a tear for the f***er, but still, all a bit too suspicious. Rather convenient too, much less embarrassing for a lot of very powerful people.

Last edited:
Aye,
Brown envelope to a guard to go for an extra long toilet break

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but there's so much in play for some of the wealthiest/most powerful people in the world in play here.

Caroline Lucas is calling for emergency female cabinet members to stop No Deal.

As if the problem is gender and not the fact we have a government that wants it.....

Boris has agreed to meet Leo... Don't know what the point is.

Boris - "Can you forget about this while Good Friday Agreement pal? It's a bit annoying to say the least."

Leo - "Can't do it BoJo, how about you take that reasonable deal on the table so as to not spike both our economies in November?

Boris - "No.... You [Racial Slur]."

Boris has agreed to meet Leo... Don't know what the point is.

Boris - "Can you forget about this while Good Friday Agreement pal? It's a bit annoying to say the least."

Leo - "Can't do it BoJo, how about you take that reasonable deal on the table so as to not spike both our economies in November?

Boris - "No.... You [Racial Slur]."
The reasonable deal that parliament has rejected 3 times? Unless there is movement it will be no deal

The reasonable deal that parliament has rejected 3 times? Unless there is movement it will be no deal
Which parliament has also rejected.

Reality is the EU have always said they would happy to renegotiate the deal of the UK would change any of its red lines. We aren't willing to budge so why should they?

The entire thing makes me dispair either looks like we're entering election mode before October 31st anyway.

Yep - nothing from our side of negotiation has changed; so why should we expect them to?
I genuinely think that May got the best deal possible within the remits of her red lines; so there's nothing left to negotiate within the remits of those red lines. Of course, I personally disagree with each and every one of those red lines, and not one of which did we have a referrendum on, and not one of which is necessary to honour the result of the referrendum we did have.

Change the red lines, and there's suddenly room for maneouvre!

Which parliament has also rejected.

Reality is the EU have always said they would happy to renegotiate the deal of the UK would change any of its red lines. We aren't willing to budge so why should they?

The entire thing makes me dispair either looks like we're entering election mode before October 31st anyway.
Parliament might not get a say on no deal. If we have no deal on the 31st and the EU wont grant an extension then it's no deal. If Parliament are devolved due to a general election on the 31st then again it's no deal.

Parliament might not get a say on no deal. If we have no deal on the 31st and the EU wont grant an extension then it's no deal. If Parliament are devolved due to a general election on the 31st then again it's no deal.
There are 15 billions permutations at stake, under the 'fixed term parliaments act' parliament has to dissolve itself not the the prime minister. If Boris is attempting to dissolve parliament to force a no deal I'd be surprised if it goes ahead.

The EU have also said a general election would be cause to grant a further extension.

Look, I literally have no clue to what will happen all I'm pointing out is it will take a massive level of skulduggery to force a no deal upon parliament.

Also lets remember the EU don't want no deal (unlike extremists in this country) if they forced into they will but if we give them a real reason to believe a deal can be met they'll take that chance.

Just want to say how hopeless the gun situation is here. Every time there's a mass shooting the impact is less and less. Even ones where I know people live by aren't that impactful to me anymore. I just hope that they are okay and move on. The one in Virginia Beach happened where one of my classmates was interning.

I think a lot of us have just accepted that our government will never do anything about it since they are corrupted by the NRA. Even when these shootings kill rich white kids (Newton) no one wants to do a damn thing about it.

Just want to say how hopeless the gun situation is here. Every time there's a mass shooting the impact is less and less. Even ones where I know people live by aren't that impactful to me anymore. I just hope that they are okay and move on. The one in Virginia Beach happened where one of my classmates was interning.

I think a lot of us have just accepted that our government will never do anything about it since they are corrupted by the NRA. Even when these shootings kill rich white kids (Newton) no one wants to do a damn thing about it.
Yup - Sadly, America has simply accepted that a high death toll, especially amongst children, is a price it's willing to pay for the right to own a death-machine.

ARGHHHHHH

Bloody Caroline Lucas whom I usually have a lot of respect for. Great job you got your name in headlines but getting into a debate about whether woman would be better than men is not what we bloody well need right now....

ARGHHHHHH

Bloody Caroline Lucas whom I usually have a lot of respect for. Great job you got your name in headlines but getting into a debate about whether woman would be better than men is not what we bloody well need right now....

The worst bit? I can see the response to criticism of this so easily. "Well you're a man so of course you would oppose this". It's like how mansplaining was used as a tool to dismiss men explaining anything. Man explaining thing to woman? Can only be mansplaining regardless of the level of expertise of either party. I'd support her on many things but Brexit is simply not a man problem, or did she conveniently forget who was PM before Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts