• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently parliament has to vote on May's deal again...nothing too exciting really can be removed by Lords.

It happened because the government didn't put up any tellers to approve it. So they are trying schenagans but as has been shown whilst Johnson, Reese-Mogg and Cummings and other think they are tactical geniuses the reality is Benn, Letwin etc. are a tad bit more clever.
How sleep deprived will those old buggers be by the time that comes around?

Apparently parliament has to vote on May's deal again...nothing too exciting really can be removed by Lords.

It happened because the government didn't put up any tellers to approve it. So they are trying schenagans but as has been shown whilst Johnson, Reese-Mogg and Cummings and other think they are tactical geniuses the reality is Benn, Letwin etc. are a tad bit more clever.

Actually apparently it is a smart move by the government, because if the Lords vote to remove it then the bill has to come back to parliament on monday and Johnson will prorogue parliament and thus ending the bill. It has to stay in there now.

Actually apparently it is a smart move by the government, because if the Lords vote to remove it then the bill has to come back to parliament on monday and Johnson will prorogue parliament and thus ending the bill. It has to stay in there now.

So all that's means is paliament will vote May's deal down again if the amendment passes. Should of not opposed something actually contentious or has weight.

So Boris has finally won a vote.
Because those opposed didn't need to bother and had gone home for a nightcap

So Boris has finally won a vote.
Because those opposed didn't need to bother and had gone home for a nightcap
Depends by 'win' he has a majority but needed 2 thirds of the house.

Boris says sod all in response.

Depends by 'win' he has a majority but needed 2 thirds of the house.

Boris says sod all in response.
It's... Complicated

Must admit, I was expecting BJ to try his "simple motion election" gambit there.
Which I don't understand how not could work as surely the FTPA foresaw that possibility and negated it.
Surely...
Remind me, how competent was Cameron again? The last couple of PMs make him seem like an absolute genius

I think his only gambit now if Lords fun and games. Don't think he'll do anything until then.

I do think the opposition parties should ramp up this 'Boris is a compulsive liar and can't be trusted' narrative. It's got some mileage I reckon and would be great during the GE campaign.

Jo Johnson quits as he is "torn between family and national interest". Pretty damning if your own brother can't get on board

Jo Johnson quits as he is "torn between family and national interest". Pretty damning if your own brother can't get on board

family dinner at the Johnson household must be interesting.

Couldn't make it up. And chuck in his sister being a former Tory party member, then a Lib Dem member, then a Change UK candidate.

Bet their family dinners are lively!

Oxford Uni's fingerprints are all over this mess. Spawned Cameron and May, not to mention all 3 of those Johnson siblings and their Dad. For good measure Blair's down to them too.

Things need to change.

Watching Jess Philips last night, not the slickest, but was coming right from the heart.

Couldn't make it up. And chuck in his sister being a former Tory party member, then a Lib Dem member, then a Change UK candidate.

Bet their family dinners are lively!

Oxford Uni's fingerprints are all over this mess. Spawned Cameron and May, not to mention all 3 of those Johnson siblings and their Dad. For good measure Blair's down to them too.

Things need to change.

Watching Jess Philips last night, not the slickest, but was coming right from the heart.
Na Blair is down to Fettes, as a former member of another Scottish boarding school Fettes is always to blame for me

First MP to legitimately quit due to family reasons?
I'm at work, is he quitting cabinet? Conservative party? Or as an MP? If the last, when's the by-election?

Am I hearing that the Tory lords have dropped their fillibuster because they don't have time to do that AND get BJ that election he keeps lying about not wanting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts