• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pound nearly at lowest levels since since I was born.

Well ****ING done Britain....idiots were warned.

I'm miles away from this, and I know economics and immigration are probably the key issues, however, I would like to ask the Brits on this forum if there is any general resentment in Britain at important decisions which affect their lives are often made by people who do not answer to them at the polling booth, i.e. at the European Parliament?

Between the Civil Service and Corporate Heads, I find it rather par for the course. Its not like I really regard my MP as answerable to me at the polling booth either. But still, I think it feeds into it.

I guess we'll see how this plays out in time but right now, selfishly, this doesn't work for me. I'm at the stage of my life where I need to be in a good economy. I was considering emigration due to relationship reasons anyway; if this goes ***s up, it'll push that timetable forwards. *shrugs* Life is what it is.

On the plus side, my fiancée visiting me just became an awful lot cheaper for her if she buys her travel money now. Swings and crapabouts.

^^Trade with us (NZ and the rest of the commonwealth) and you''ll be just fine.;)

Whats scares me is that this shows that approx 48% of the uk are stupid liberal cucks. (its worse than I thought).

Its a crying shame that brexit only just scraped though.

Anyway boyos im off to peruse what the great NZ dollar can buy me from pommy land.....

Last edited:
^^Trade with us (NZ and the rest of the commonwealth) and you''ll be just fine.

Whats scares to me is that this shows that approx 48% of the uk are stupid liberal cucks.

Its a crying shame that brexit only just scraped though.
just fine? FTSE 100 is going to open 12 to 18 % lower.

LOTS of hard working people are about to loose their jobs as we smacked our economy back to the 1980's. Yeah things might be fine in years time but we are utterly screwed until then.

Scotland are now likely to leave the UK

David Cameron will have to resign for his decision to take us to this economic disaster.

And. I have scottish blood in me so I see no problem.

4w2L0Va.gif

Time for me to start importing everyday items from Britain... The increased cost in shipping should be offset by the ~10% in the pound

Time for me to start importing everyday items from Britain... The increased cost in shipping should be offset by the ~10% in the pound
Yup me and my wife are travelling to the US later this year our dollar buying power just dramatically dropped. It wasn't even a factor in our decision to vote remain as even I didn't expect it to drop so dramatically.

David Cameron will have to resign for his decision to take us to this economic disaster.

I suppose there's a silver lining there, if you're in a mood for gallows humour - he probably gets to go down as the most ineffectual Prime Minister of all time now.

Which is good for exports.
Still have to pay people's wages at the same rate but your making less profit on those goods. Not entirely sure the increase in sales will make up for the smaller profit made.

If you import components they cost more so your COGS go up so that's even less profit.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose there's a silver lining there, if you're in a mood for gallows humour - he probably gets to go down as the most ineffectual Prime Minister of all time now.
I am okay for that mood but the silver lining isn't good when you look at the alternatives.

Furk didn't expect that TBH.

Scotland needed more of a turnout in the end, Labour saying SNP not pulling there weight, SNP prob wanting this to happen.

Oh well time to move on and hope that we can somehow grow.

I am okay for that mood but the silver lining isn't good when you look at the alternatives.

I didn't say it was a silver lining in terms of running the country!

I didn't say it was a silver lining in terms of running the country!
Watching the news this morning I can only think it's between Theresa May and Phillip Hammond as good choices.

Rumour is David Cameron is about to resign that make the markets less jittery....

- - - Updated - - -

YEY 5 months of turmoil whilst the Tory party tears itself apart.

From Irish view there panic as we need UK with is but in my eyes UK voted right way. We have different levels of income compared to eastern Europeans and some do exploit our welfare systems

The truth is that investors hate uncertainty. With good reason; why would you choose to invest in a time where it is unpredictable whether you can make a return on your investment? It's an entirely self-fulfilling prophesy - investors don't invest, causing a drop in the markets, which investment-holders then worry about and start selling. And these are only the effects from investors following polls and headlines. Particularly anxious investors sell following polls; most will start selling when we have left the EU. If we leave the EU, expect an immediate and sizeable drop in the pound.
And leavers said you can't predict what will happen.

But can the Tories actually effectively lead the country now? The party has been completely polarised by the referendum, and their lead in Parliament is too small to survive any sizeable rebellion. No matter whether they go for a player on the leave side, or the remain side, the other side may make it hard for the Tories to actually govern.

Last edited:
And leavers said you can't predict what will happen.
TBF I think they were referring to long rather than short term.

Utter dismay at work to this all, okay it's a sample of white male middle class engineers (various disciplines) but from the juniors guys to the CTO nobody thought this was a good idea.

Was there ever a point made that voting to leave would be the end of Britain? The Scots and, most likely, the Northern Irish will never stay now. England and Wales will be whatever they want to call themselves and be at an economic disadvantage to the rest of Europe. I feel sorry for all remain voters, your country let you down falling for the fear mongering of egotistical fools and it'll be you and your families who pay the price.

Still think Give comes out if this with a remarkably standing and "should" be on the ballot paper.

May is a eurosceptic of long standing who politically thought it best to stay in Remain camp and that will finish her chances now.

Subject to the Boris factor, I suspect it will be between Gove and
Hammond (although he may be tainted by the May affect)!

There will then be a general election before Xmas but certainly before next budget due in March!

Corbyn meanwhile will be the Tories greatest asset as he maintains the division in his party to offset the Tory divisions.

Was there ever a point made that voting to leave would be the end of Britain? The Scots and, most likely, the Northern Irish will never stay now. England and Wales will be whatever they want to call themselves and be at an economic disadvantage to the rest of Europe. I feel sorry for all remain voters, your country let you down falling for the fear mongering of egotistical fools and it'll be you and your families who pay the price.

Great play was made of the potential division. Neither country, despite what they feel, are really financially stable to exist on their own and the EU said before the last Referendum that Scotland's membership would not be quick if at all.

NI, I suppose, does have the real possibility of coming to some sort of accord with Eire economically if not politically. The latter may then become reality as the NI population comes to a Catholic rather than Protestant majority with the birth rate?

Last edited:
Not my fight but I think the UK will regret that. Firstly I don't think the K will be very U for long and any analyst would have predicted the stock market would take a huge ****. Stocks are so sensitive that when on numerous occasions big CEOs were wrongly reported as dead their stock price fell off a cliff. A country possibly hampering or at the very least putting in danger their ability to free trade will obviously have a huge effect. How many major companies have told them so in the past weeks. You might think that because Free Trade with Britain is mutually beneficial for the EU and Britain it will continue, but the EU will seek to make an example of you one way or another, even if it means cutting off their nose to spite their face. Big losers here could be us here in Ireland were that to happen for obvious reasons. Not to mention the amount of people in the UK for work, school.
This would want to go near flawlessly for Scotland not to jump ship. I also found it hilarious how the Unionist parties in NI were whining about the burden placed on Britain by the EU etc., when the fact is that Northern Ireland is an economic burden for the UK which for such a small state is stupidly expensive to govern with very little else going for it. Genuinely saw a post blaming the EU for shutting down their shipyards. I'm not sure that NI will move towards joining the Republic or independence but without doubt the situation will be more in flux than it has been for the last 3 decades or so, and we're really in the infancy of understanding what Brexit will mean. You can bet that Independance and Republican groups in Scotland and NI will probably jump on this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts