• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wasn't stuck in the middle of it, it would be very interesting to see how all this develops.

Any other country wanting an EURef now need to wait 2 years to see if it is doable.

Scotland won't get a referendum for around 30 months IMO, which gives the English government time to try an make UK look more attractive than it currently does.

NI I have no idea, joining Ireland won't happen IMO, independent country maybe if its economy wasn't so poor. Hoping Ireland and UK and work something out esp to do with borders etc.

Furk going to be 2 years before we find out if this really was a disaster.

Will be interesting to see if EU will try to push for more unification or if they will go into reform.

I really can't believe that the remain support didn't turn up.

(I will prob be able to apply for Scotland citizenship should Scotland leave, so that would be interesting).

Last edited:
Sinn Fein have already come out and started asking for a referendum in NI.

I honestly think we are witnessing the last days of UK now it'll be England & Wales.

I don't know if this will be good for GB or not, time will tell.

But I notice a pattern that also happens at every election in my country: Brexit was decided mainly by the votes of the elder people, even if the younger generation wanted to stay inside the EU. It's the youth however who will have to live with the effects of this vote. This is of course democratic but still wrong, somehow.

If this eventually leads to Scotland's independence and the end of united Great Britain, I think Cameron should be remembered as the most incompetent PM in the country's history.

Nigel Farage, leader of UKIP and prominent proponent of the Leave campaign, has admitted that the "£350 million a week" that Britain "sends to the EU" will not be redirected towards the NHS, as the Leave campaign said it would.
Quelle Suprise!!!

Sinn Fein have already come out and started asking for a referendum in NI.

I honestly think we are witnessing the last days of UK now it'll be England & Wales.

Sinn fein have been asking for that for about 100 years and it hasn't happened yet. There is no way the unionists will want to split from the UK. As for Scotland? Well why not swap Westminster for Brussels.

Every place that has ever wanted a referendum will have nationalists calling for one now
Scotland
Northern Ireland
Catalan
All the countries nationalist wanting to leave the EU.

It is the way it goes.
Spain are eyeing up Gibraltar (which although is closer than ever before, is never going to happen).

Sinn fein have been asking for that for about 100 years and it hasn't happened yet. There is no way the unionists will want to split from the UK. As for Scotland? Well why not swap Westminster for Brussels.
More and more people are identifying themselves as Northern Irish everyday, a hell of a lot of unionists are ****ed without the EU. It'll become a question of being part of Britain for the sake of very outdated and now utterly pointless ties between them and Westminster or save their own holes and become independent. Scotland are gone, it's obvious now that they should have left a couple years ago and will get out of dodge ASAP.

Side note if Cameron was to say delay article 50 till after the next election would a majority of
SNP
Labour
Lib Dem
Etc

Mean that Article 50 could never happen potentially?

Although if the election follows the Ref it wouldn't happen.

What the Unionists want will become increasingly irrelevant as time goes on. If this develops into a ****show which given the men left to run Britain, it could, it won't just be Sinn Fein seeking out. The ever increasing amount of moderates could also be swayed toward an alternative. Who's going tofund peace projects or plow money into what is a state who's main profession is civil service. They were highly reliant on the EU money, and I don't think it will continue for them. They are weak economically and if the UK can't pick up the slack the EU will put down, you're going to see quite a change in temperature in the 6 counties.

Side note if Cameron was to say delay article 50 till after the next election would a majority of
SNP
Labour
Lib Dem
Etc

Mean that Article 50 could never happen potentially?

Although if the election follows the Ref it wouldn't happen.
He's already resigned (with 5 months notice) with a new leader in October that new leader will invoke Article 50 almost immediately apparently.

I doubt a snap election will be called unless Tories prove they can't govern with their divisions and slim majority.

13514277_934610460019009_1989389703_n.jpg

Ah old people. Making a bed they won't have to lie in.

Yeah that's true, without a brexit prime minister there may be no brexit....
I don't think any leader could get away with it the turnout was huge and in terms of people over a million voters majority. The mandate is clear and will cause further issues with the electorate if it's ignored.

There could a be second 'back out of article 50' vote but I honestly doubt it now.

I can't wait to be old, with a no Fek given feeling.

Interesting that not being made of the rings stocks fall only about UK, which is currently at the same level of 2012.

If it can become stable in the next year and recorders well we might have a chance at keeping the union together.

All if and buts though.

Last edited:

Probably the statistic that has angered me the most this morning for that reason.

I've heard platitudes from that generation 'we remember what is what like in the good old days' and 'we're taking our country back'. With very little detail on what they actually means or why. I know its issues on both sides but very few leavers I came across were like Tallshort (who voted the other way in the end) actually had informed opinions or even a cohesive argument.

I can't wait to be old, no gels given feeling.

Interesting that not being made of the rings stocks fall only about UK, which is currently at the same level of 2012.

If it can become stable in the next year and recorders well we might have a chance at keeping the union together.

All if and buts though.
Unfortunately you can be sure that 65+ had the highest turnout.
13529239_498647670327190_577913575955666117_n.jpg

"Live scenes from the channel tunnel" :D

FFR now questioning whether the UK rugby teams should be in next seasons Champions and Challenge Cups, Ireland are fine but doubts about England Scotland and Wales!!!!!!!!!!!
we will miss you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

All if and buts though.
There's always been a good chance we'll pull through this period of turmoil on top but the chances are slim and it's unlikely we'll come so far on top all turmoil and uncertainty was worth it.

Congratulations British people. The older, wiser people has done a massive favour for you. They could probably see through all the BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts