• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drain the swamp... It's actually sickening how Republicans have so little integrity they will let such blatant corruption, cronyism and nepotism pass without question but blocked everything Obama did.

I'm anaesthetised to the sickening aspect of it as it is de rigeur for the Republicans (and many Democrats) and has been that way for a long time.

The JFK papers that were released are proving to be interesting.

The JFK papers that were released are proving to be interesting.

Yes and no. CIA and FBI managed to delay the release of final batch until April next year (whether those documents reveal sources/their methods, which they still use today?). Still, the current batch produced few interesting bits, but nothing that really sheds light on what we don't already know, other than CIA/FBI trying to cover their arses for not doing enough to stop LHO. Still, it will give the conspiracy industy more fuel to keep writing their nut job theories and sell more books and generally reinforce Americans general distrust of their Government.

The most 'interesting ' parts were about JFK approaching a softer stance to the Russians, adopting a potentially conciliatory bridge with Cuba and looking to avoid 'escalation' in the Vietnamese sector.
Also the CIA and FBI approach to Cuba and Che Guivara, putting bounties on Castro's head and his brother and Che Guivara... and also their behaviour and conduct toward suspected communists in the USA.
However the paper about Oswald potentially being placed as a CIA operative were worth a look.
Jack Ruby's involvement might come under the microscope.
Everything is gaining momentum toward LBJ.
This wasn't a one off nut job assassination. This was calculated.
Sure the papers yet to come could be more revealing if they haven't been 'sanitised' already. But what has come to light has been interesting.

The most 'interesting ' parts were about JFK approaching a softer stance to the Russians, adopting a potentially conciliatory bridge with Cuba and looking to avoid 'escalation' in the Vietnamese sector.
Also the CIA and FBI approach to Cuba and Che Guivara, putting bounties on Castro's head and his brother and Che Guivara... and also their behaviour and conduct toward suspected communists in the USA.
However the paper about Oswald potentially being placed as a CIA operative were worth a look.
Jack Ruby's involvement might come under the microscope.
Everything is gaining momentum toward LBJ.
This wasn't a one off nut job assassination. This was calculated.
Sure the papers yet to come could be more revealing if they haven't been 'sanitised' already. But what has come to light has been interesting.

I've been in enough onboard discussions with JFK conspiracy theorists to know it's pointless arguing with them as they will believe what they want to believe. I would say this though that JFK always seems to come out like this mythological saint, when he was nothing of the sort, LHO comes out as an innocent scapegoat Patsy and LBJ the villain in history. And the less said about Jack Ruby the better.

The Whitehouse today:

giphy.gif

So, Fallon will be the first of how many?

Doesn't take long to find the spreadsheet with unredacted names.

JFK always seems to come out like this mythological saint
I always wonder how much the opinions people have of the likes of Churchill, Roosevelt, de Gaulle, JFK, etc would change had they lived in an era with smartphones and twitter.

Before, even if you caught (to use one example) a president cheating on his wife red handed, it was, at best, your word against his and you didn't even had a platform to have your voice heard.
Today, you set the phone on silent, take the picture, and let social media do the rest.

I think to a big degree we tend to embellish from the past people as, you accurately put it, mythological god like creatures because it was very easy at the time to hide/deny mistakes.

Well done Donald! one tweet and the whole case against the New York terrorist is in jeopardy.

It is amazing that there appears to be no filter, or at least checking of stuff before Trump tweets. It is just mad.

It is amazing that there appears to be no filter, or at least checking of stuff before Trump tweets. It is just mad.

Blokes a bloody fool and a megalomaniac to boot. He has no understanding of the law in the country he rules.

I am not sure how it is right now, but i know that during Obama's presidency the white house's twitter response protocols* were considered the gold standard.

*: what needs to be said/done in every imaginable (and unimaginable) scenario.

I am not sure how it is right now, but i know that during Obama's presidency the white house's twitter response protocols* were considered the gold standard.

*: what needs to be said/done in every imaginable (and unimaginable) scenario.
Given that Trump's #1 rule of presidency is tondo the opposite of anything Obama would have done...

I've been in enough onboard discussions with JFK conspiracy theorists to know it's pointless arguing with them as they will believe what they want to believe. I would say this though that JFK always seems to come out like this mythological saint, when he was nothing of the sort, LHO comes out as an innocent scapegoat Patsy and LBJ the villain in history. And the less said about Jack Ruby the better.

I've never seen JFK represented as a mythological saint.
His nickname was 'mattress jack' because he was always shagging some bird.

The newly released documents have pointed toward Kennedy having a softened stance toward Russia and potentially Cuba. That would not have gone down well with the Hawks.
We also know that he wasn't keen on escalating the Vietnam conflict.
That also would not have gone down well with the 'establishment'.

Physics have shown it wasn't a magic bullet, there was more than one gunman.
That much is beyond contestation.
I don't buy all that illuminati crap, thats a red herring, however, if you follow the money...
It is harder to prove that it wasn't a conspiracy.
If there was innocence on the part of the CIA and zero collusion with members of the govt, the documents could have been released years ago.

JFK is seen in some ways as a saint and although he was very flawed he was a good president.

I still remain to be convinced that one person with a bolt action rifle did what he did. The killing head shot came from the side not the back. That is obvious

Wow didn't mean to start a who killed JFK discussion. Anyway, as I said conspiracy theorists want to believe what they want to believe. I'll leave it at that before this thread gets derailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts