• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is in town for his royal / political networking visit. Apparently planning to meet Boris and Farage at some point. So much for Russian interference

JRM trying to grease his way into Trump's good books by piling in on Sadiq Khan

It's clear that the far right Brexiteers' vision for the UK is to become a low regulation European tax haven which Wall Street and American businesses can take advantage of. This allows the UK to become America's poodle again which is difficult to do while the UK is part of the EU. The only beneficiaries are the hedge fund managers like Rees Mogg and other super rich as opposed to all the nationalist chavs who voted for Brexit.

Ho hum, I'm more surprised 5 of them have to spur on. They just seamed so directionless after their initial burst for something that took months of backroom talking.

Ho hum, I'm more surprised 5 of them have to spur on. They just seamed so directionless after their initial burst for something that took months of backroom talking.
I'm just annoyed that they formed a new party slightly to the left of centre, preaching consensus and opposing Brexit - all the while complaining that there was no existing party with those same features they could join; whilst attempting to steal votes from the Lib Dems who did actually exist and share al those same features.

I approve of them leaving their existing parties - and would have had no problem with them remaining as independents; but what they did do stank way more of personal ego than anything else.
I'm guessing that the 6 departures will mostly end up in the Lib Dem camp now - given that Heidi Allen had already been hinting at that.

As much as I dislike Trump and JRM Sadiq Khan is hardly blameless in all this
Absolutely, they've spent 3 years poking at each other. Though I still think it's a bad look for others to get involved, and cynical of JRM in this instance.

In other news, that great respected of democracy is refusing to attend a hearing I to his financial impropriety with regards to democracy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48516348

Absolutely, they've spent 3 years poking at each other. Though I still think it's a bad look for others to get involved, and cynical of JRM in this instance.

In other news, that great respected of democracy is refusing to attend a hearing I to his financial impropriety with regards to democracy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48516348

I don't know what the escalation route is but I hope Farage doesn't just get away with not bothering to turn up to this hearing. Apparently he was preparing to start a new life in the US - how can anyone take him seriously about Brexit when he had no intention of sticking around in the UK after Brexit. WTF

BoJo telling Tory MPs that the party faces extinction if they don't deliver Brexit by 31 October. It never ceases to amaze me how in the case of the Tories that personal and party interests seem to trump national interest.

I don't know what the escalation route is but I hope Farage doesn't just get away with not bothering to turn up to this hearing. Apparently he was preparing to start a new life in the US - how can anyone take him seriously about Brexit when he had no intention of sticking around in the UK after Brexit. WTF

BoJo telling Tory MPs that the party faces extinction if they don't deliver Brexit by 31 October. It never ceases to amaze me how in the case of the Tories that personal and party interests seem to trump national interest.
So the national interest isn't to deliver Brexit?

So the national interest isn't to deliver Brexit?

A managed orderly Brexit with a good deal as was promised by the Leave campaign is fine. BoJo is prepared to leave without a deal which is not fine. There is no mandate for this (the Leave campaign promised a good deal) and he's just trying to appease the far right in his party and is less concerned about national interest.

Correct - never has been, never will me, and even the likes of Francois don't believe it's in the national interest
Well that's your opinion but the referendum result and then 80% of MPs voted to deliver it would suggest it's in the national interest

Well, no, not really.
The voted on what they wanted, which is nothing to do with the national interest.

Ford Bridgend closing.

Probably not a Brexit decision given closure in Bordeaux and job losses in Germany - but it certainly isn't helping any UK factory make a case for them being chosen to be kept on in lieu of other factories being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts