• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with both of the above.

I also wonder if the Cockwomble will be held to the same standards for his worse, quotable comments on muslims, POCs, LGBTs and women?

I also wonder if the Cockwomble will be held to the same standards for his worse, quotable comments on muslims, POCs, LGBTs and women?

There's concern from the Labour party that Boris Johnson will not be grilled by Andrew Neil because he has yet to confirm.

But Labour say the only reason they agreed was because they had confirmation from the BBC that the Conservative leader has also confirmed his attendance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...boris-johnson-will-duck-andrew-neil-interview

Well if he agrees to have the Andrew Neil interview then I am sure he will

There's concern from the Labour party that Boris Johnson will not be grilled by Andrew Neil because he has yet to confirm.

But Labour say the only reason they agreed was because they had confirmation from the BBC that the Conservative leader has also confirmed his attendance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...boris-johnson-will-duck-andrew-neil-interview

Anyone else ducking out of things like Johnson would be laughed out the door as a coward but Johnson frequently avoids areas where he could face criticism and nobody cares. The left and the right really have a different set of standards they hold their leader and supporters to.

Anyone else ducking out of things like Johnson would be laughed out the door as a coward but Johnson frequently avoids areas where he could face criticism and nobody cares. The left and the right really have a different set of standards they hold their leader and supporters to.
Yeah right, that's why "Trump" has been mentioned on this thread over 150 times in the last year and with "Trudeau" getting zero mentions during the same time period, despite the multiple black face scandal.
Can you honestly tell me that if Canada had a right leaning leader the scandal wouldn't be mentioned on this left leaning thread at least once?

Last edited:
"The Conservative Party is threatening to review Channel 4's public service broadcasting obligations after the broadcaster replaced Boris Johnson with an ice sculpture at Thursday night's election debate.

In a dramatic escalation of the war of words between the Tories and Channel 4 that will likely provoke outcry, a Conservative source told BuzzFeed News that if they win the coming election they will reassess the channel's public service broadcasting licence."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/boris-johnson-is-threatening-to-review-channel-4s

Trump did the same thing with the "fake news media" in America,
Straight out of the Bannon playbook

BoJo is doing a phone in on LBC from 9:00 - 10:00

Couldn't get the easiest presenter considering Nick Ferrari will be hosting it, and he's incredibly on the right and loves the Conservatives.

If only he was hosted by James O'Brien on LBC

Yeah right, that's why "Trump" has been mentioned on this thread over 150 times in the last year and with "Trudeau" getting zero mentions during the same time period, despite the multiple black face scandal.
Can you honestly tell me that if Canada had a right leaning leader the scandal wouldn't be mentioned on this left leaning thread at least once?
We didn't discussed the Trudeau thing?....you're right can't see any evidence of it could of sworn we did....

Either way he was clearly wrong, has gone down a huge estimate in my eye and its a little surprising he still won the election.

There are massive differences with Trump,

1) Its one incident in his life that we are aware of, Trump is lucky to make it through a day.
2) Its very historical, as in a period of my life where I'm certain I may have done equally if not more stupid things that I certainly don't agree with in the slightest.
3) Its unlikely this was even close to a common thing, it took years of him already being PM to come out and there were no swathes accusations afterwards to corroborate the facts.

Ultimately though 'youngster who did racist thing' is massively better than 'man who bragged about committing sexual assault and able to get away with it due to being famous'

Swear I'm getting deja vu here....

JOB can barely get a political heavy on his show. Nothing in it for them he'd roast anyone alive and the show doesn't have the audience numbers they want to reach. Should of taken the Newsnight gig but didn't want to be constricted by BBC rules.

Plus people discuss what is most relevant too them - British politics dominates this thread because the vast majority of people posting are British.
Trump gets a lot of airtime because he's "The leader of the free world"/the most powerful politician in the world (though I guess you could argue that's Putin).
I imagine the Trudeau thing got a lot of airtime in North America (I certainly saw a lot of it on reddit) but I barely saw anything of it in our media/discussed on Euro-centric places.
It was obviously a **** thing to do, and it's not as if we're all here condoning it saying "Ah it was all just a laugh!". It was pretty obviously a **** thing to do.

At the end of the day there are 195 countries in the world, can't expect every leader of every country to be discussed for everything they do.

If anyone can listen to the LBC interview, please listen in. BoJo sounds like a complete idiot, worse than usual

You are correct. This is very much a left wing/anti Brexit echo chamber.

BoJo is doing a phone in on LBC from 9:00 - 10:00

Couldn't get the easiest presenter considering Nick Ferrari will be hosting it, and he's incredibly on the right and loves the Conservatives.

Yes everything is a massive anti Corbyn conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts