• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All governements interfere with other countries politics this is nothing new and to be expected. The issues here is how are we combating it? And is our government and policy in thrall to a foreign power? The UK's answer to both appears be do nothing and we can't even be arsed to look. Which is really really bad.

Rumours that Corbyn could potentially be losing the labour whip over the EHRC report

We could legit see a split in the labour party if that happens. Would probably be good for them in the long term and allow them to move to the centre

Rumours that Corbyn could potentially be losing the labour whip over the EHRC report

We could legit see a split in the labour party if that happens. Would probably be good for them in the long term and allow them to move to the centre
Still blows my mind that Labour has all this scrutiny (and rightly so - there's no place for it in politics), but the Tories get away with blue murder, constantly, in terms of every -phobia/-ism you can think of.

In oven ready news the UK is abandoning hope of getting trade deals with the EU and with the US by the time Brexit happens:

Still blows my mind that Labour has all this scrutiny (and rightly so - there's no place for it in politics), but the Tories get away with blue murder, constantly, in terms of every -phobia/-ism you can think of.

In oven ready news the UK is abandoning hope of getting trade deals with the EU and with the US by the time Brexit happens:

Controlling the narrative is the path to holding power

Electoral Commission records show that six members of the cabinet and eight junior ministers received tens of thousands of pounds from individuals or businesses with links to Russia.

We're so ******.

My last firm was dodgy as **** when it came to Russians. We dealt with a lot of them, especially the very wealthy ones because they were Non Domicliaries who come over to UK for 7/12 years and back then 14 years before returning or going to another european country, pay the Remittance basis charge of 30/50/60k per year at the time to keep their offshore money untaxed in the UK unless they brought it in.

One manager I sat next to had to deal with a purchase of a property for £60m in London he was so stinking rich.

I dealt with a wife of a billionaire who was exiled In Israel and the wife was living in London off his money. The guy was on Interpols wanted list for money laundering in Spain at the time. I asked the client partner if he knew this and he said yes.Covered myself by reporting it to the MLRO.

There is a lot of dirty money in the city and not surprised these Tory MPs are getting kickbacks.

I was buying my favourite perfume in London's shop once, and said something like "it's quite expensive this perfume" and a shop assistant told me with an absolutely serious intonation "but you're from Russia, you're wealthy". I was surprised why did he say like that,but now I understand he was probably working with our oligarchs' wives before :D :D

My last firm was dodgy as **** when it came to Russians. We dealt with a lot of them, especially the very wealthy ones because they were Non Domicliaries who come over to UK for 7/12 years and back then 14 years before returning or going to another european country, pay the Remittance basis charge of 30/50/60k per year at the time to keep their offshore money untaxed in the UK unless they brought it in.

One manager I sat next to had to deal with a purchase of a property for £60m in London he was so stinking rich.

I dealt with a wife of a billionaire who was exiled In Israel and the wife was living in London off his money. The guy was on Interpols wanted list for money laundering in Spain at the time. I asked the client partner if he knew this and he said yes.Covered myself by reporting it to the MLRO.

There is a lot of dirty money in the city and not surprised these Tory MPs are getting kickbacks.

Isn't London the money laundering capital of the world or something? I think I saw somewhere that Britain and it's dependencies account for about 1/3rd of the total value of money laundering in the entire world.

I was buying my favourite perfume in London's shop once, and said something like "it's quite expensive this perfume" and a shop assistant told me with an absolutely serious intonation "but you're from Russia, you're wealthy". I was surprised why did he say like that,but now I understand he was probably working with our oligarchs' wives before :D :D

it's not only in London Yulia that shop assistants will assume based on your nationality you have money. In HK in the very high end boutique shops they will serve mainland chinese first even before HKers or other foreign nationals Because they assume the mainlanders have money to spend.

HK's economy is very dependent on China. And not all of it will be clean money. It's the hypocrisy of the world I am afraid. And politicians here in the UK and around the world are no different IMO accepting money with no questions asked.

Isn't London the money laundering capital of the world or something? I think I saw somewhere that Britain and it's dependencies account for about 1/3rd of the total value of money laundering in the entire world.

yep, most likely. Money from all over the world poured in from and invested in the properties, bonds, Stocks. We're supposed to have a strong money laundering regulatory system in place, but no doubt the dirty money still gets through.

:rolleyes: Bragging about remembering 5 words in the correct order. WTF???!!!

That's horrible, didn't know our government interferes in your politics :confused: for all that they have money,but not for their own citizens :confused:

They sure have interfered in our's. Without Russia's help (influencing voters via Facebook ads) Trump wouldn't be in office. Facebook is also to blame for not blocking them.

They sure have interfered in our's. Without Russia's help (influencing voters via Facebook ads) Trump wouldn't be in office. Facebook is also to blame for not blocking them.
Yes, I read about it, even a bit in this topic :confused: well,Trump won't win next elections I suppose

And at least you presidents change! :p :p

405.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts