• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good though, calling the legitimacy of the election into question is the start of a very dark road. The superme court will likely to tell him to **** off though as will the military hopefully.

Problem is with a strong and well armed base if anyone gives even a hint of official support it could escalate very quickly. Hoping anyone with power will unite in condemning him though.

Trump getting his excuses in early when he gets his ass handed to him in November.

Some of my American friends are pointing out that if an election is not held his term is still up and the Speaker of the House actually becomes president.

Yep, it automatically expires on 21 January 2021 IIRC if any election is delayed. Trump doing his classic stirring. He knows he won't have a legal leg to stand on trying to delay the election. It's not in his power to. Only Congress can.

Whether he challenges any result this November and refuses to go is another matter.

Not good though, calling the legitimacy of the election into question is the start of a very dark road. The superme court will likely to tell him to **** off though as will the military hopefully.

Trump's is being his usual blowhard self, trying to distract attention from the Covid-19 pandemic which keeps getting worse here in America. Whenever the Trumpanzee is in trouble he throws more verbal poop in an attempt to change the topic. He acts like a spoiled child, which he was growing up and still is mentally. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some of my American friends are pointing out that if an election is not held his term is still up and the Speaker of the House actually becomes president.

The U.S. Constitution doesn't allow a President to delay or interfere with an election. So Trump is just blowing hot air out of his giant arse per usual. That provision was written into the Constitution to prevent America from becomming an oligarchy. Trump may think he's all powerful, but it ain't happenin'!

Last edited:
I'm guessing there's going to be a piece of real bad news released today - whenever he says something especially outlandish it's usually to distract from something else.

I'm guessing there's going to be a piece of real bad news released today - whenever he says something especially outlandish it's usually to distract from something else.
2nd quarter drop in GDP came out yesterday which was the worst in history.

32.9%!
I saw a twitter thread of Republicans/MAGAs all ripping into Germany because they announced a 10.1% contraction the other day.

The moral of the story is, don't believe anything Trump say's. He's a slum lord, plain and simple. o_O Lie and deny has been his modus operandi since day one.

1596190584114.png

Last edited:
The moral of the story is, don't believe anything Trump say's. He's a slum lord, plain and simple. o_O Lie and deny has been his modus operandi since day one.

View attachment 8318

I was listening to Jimmy Dore and Joe Rogan on about this the other day. Everyone knows Trumps a bullshitter and except it where as someone like Joe Biden pretends he isn't even though hes paid to say certain things like universal healthcare isn't a good idea. Sounds like the whole political system in America is broken,

I was listening to Jimmy Dore and Joe Rogan on about this the other day. Everyone knows Trumps a bullshitter and except it where as someone like Joe Biden pretends he isn't even though hes paid to say certain things like universal healthcare isn't a good idea. Sounds like the whole political system in America is broken,

It's been broken for quite awhile, that's why I've been an Independent since 2000. I used to be a Republican, but they're worse because most of them claim to be Christians and turn out to be very hypocritical.

1596223210576.png

Last edited:

Talking about Cronyism and Nepotism in USA. Glad to see it's alive and kicking in the UK.:rolleyes:
I mean tbf he's a well respected former cabinet member who would likely have been made a peer by any PM...
Agree it has bad optics but it's not as if he's a weird appointment

Botham (love the guy most famous hometown bloke, bit of a tosspot, great Cricketer and commentator) has no busines being in the Lords

I mean tbf he's a well respected former cabinet member who would likely have been made a peer by any PM...
Agree it has bad optics but it's not as if he's a weird appointment

For me the issue is that the house of lords is still growing at a ridiculous rate. Apparently May agreed to try and reduce the numbers, but Johnson clearly just wants to get a majority. Problem is, like most things in this country, we can't have a sensible debate about it and look for a way to make it work. Instead we're left with this **** where over 800 people, most of them filthy rich or friends of politicians, get to claim expenses for very little. Yes their are many who take the job seriously, but others completely abuse. Hell before this we had Nicky Morgan and Zac Goldsmith. Goldsmith lost his bloody seat and was almost immediately appointed to the lords. A system that is so openly corrupt needs to be completely overhauled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts