1. 2016 RBS Six Nations Rugby Table - The Rugby Forum
    Table updated after last fixture of the weekend

A Trip down Memory Lane

Discussion in '2017 RBS Six Nations' started by An Tarbh, Jan 13, 2008.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

So the world cup has been and gone and with it the dashed hopes of an expectant nation, how people have mocked our nerve to think we were something above our station but we had good reason and part of it was that due to that fateful day back in February. Now with the spectre of the one called Eddie looming large over Irish rugby and the forthcoming campaign let's remind ourselves of simpler times!!!

Disclaimer - I would personally like to disassociate TRF from any of the above comments, they're purely my own.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Ammended Disclaimer - I would like to overrule An Tarbh and state that TRF wholeheartedly back the comments of the right honourable member for Leinster-land.

4. RC

RC Guest

Great read there mate.
    Looking forward to hearing more from you!

5. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQ6-bYixpYE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQ6-bYixpYE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    In Case His Words Weren't Enough (which they were, brilliant job).
    This has to be one of the all time Highlights of Rugby for me. Call me a Plastic Paddy, but as I sat in a pub full of Irish expats and Irish-Americans, you could feel the room swelling with pride. Tremendous moment in sporting history, and IMO history itself.
    My passionate hope is to see Ireland play with the heart they played with last 6 Nations.

6. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

One of the sides I admire in International Rugby is Ireland. They are amazingly tenacious and have a great balance between forward play and attack.

I will say though as nice as O'Rothlain's clip is, the national anthems are probably most inspiring for the people of the two countries involved. I would've loved to see some of the game, although to be fair, I don't think that was your point.

I appreciate that Ireland have managed to become a genuine world rugby power now, whatever the world cup showed. The world cup is just a tourney.

7. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Yeah good read that. Put the smile back on my face anyway.

Here's to blocking out the WC and a new sense of blind optimism for the coming season.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!