• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions (18/06/13)

Wow Brumbies won. We always knew the Brumbies are good this was testament to that. Look out Super Rugby!

We lost that by getting out-muscled early on, shame about Murray going on his own too because it looked like our only real chance. Hopefully it will serve as a wake up call and as they said on commentary nobody will care if they win the test series.

What can you say, a backline thrown together at the last minute given no platform to play by the forwards for 60 minutes. It's amazing we only lost by 2 points!

Before Murray went on his own and got turned over didn't the referee award an advantage over to the right? Should have just dropped the ball...

Great match from the Brumbies but the Lions lost it with their selection, at least in the backline anyway.

What was going on with Mogg? Was he injured and completely out of breath too??

Great effort Brumbies! Considering they were missing probably their 8 best players, very nuggety performance, if Deans under-performs this tour I wonder if White might give McKenzie a run for the Wallaby job.
In any case; in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean much for the lions considering all the players they brought in and the fact that none of this 15 is likely to be in the 23 but still a nice win for the Brumbies. As soon as the Lions brought on their bench they looked much better.

Yeah, I certainly mark him down for that. He has a tendency to overrun in defence.

Wade swung into him knocking him off, not really a case of overrunning in anycase there was it?

Also save what was nearly a certain try.

He's been hiding on the bench most of the season, but will be with the rebels next season. Already looks like a good signing
What age is he? Looks good alright with a nice build of athletisim and strength. Brumbies backrow were impressive and Kimlin was magical.

So that just leaves Faletau? Although he could be marked down along with the rest of the forwards for the poor ruck performance.

Re-looking at those lineouts, I'm still going to put a lot of fault on Best.

Wade ran a nice blocking line for the Brumbies though!

Not that I saw. I saw an unexpected change of direction and whatshisface walk through Kearney's inside shoulder like it wasn't there, largely because it wasn't there. Maybe he picked up a lot after I stopped watching in complete disgust, but what I saw did not impress me.

Something else to add to things - three tens has to be a minimum going forwards. Hogg never looked comfy. Dan Carter would have probably had a bad day with the utter shambles up front as well, but in terms of isolated skills Hogg just wasn't there.

My level of belief in Graham Rowntree as a coach is slowly dropping.

Fatelau and SOB did themselves justice. In backs nobody did enough and I think Gatlands selection issues have become a bit easier

Woo!! Great game! (I actually slept through most of it...must re-watch, but every time I opened my peepers it was all Brumbies.)

Congrats to the Brumbies! I love it when the little guy takes down the giant. :)

das

Fatelau and SOB did themselves justice. In backs nobody did enough and I think Gatlands selection issues have become a bit easier

SOB was OK. Did some things well, but gave away a few penalties. He and Tipuric were a bit meh overall. Expected more from both.

Latest posts