• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions (18/06/13)

0ff8fb7a_lol_que.jpg

Well the proper spelling makes no sense. I mean 'queue', wtf is that!

Wait. Cue......... ah ***** it!

Last edited:
English is a messed up language anyways. I just like that picture.

Is it meant to be a pear? I've seen it plenty of times, but never been entirely sure what it's meant to be. I understand 'que' is some kins of Latin word, hence the sombrero and moustache, but the pear?

Is it meant to be a pear? I've seen it plenty of times, but never been entirely sure what it's meant to be. I understand 'que' is some kins of Latin word, hence the sombrero and moustache, but the pear?
Random Internet junk. Needs no explaining...

and the Southern Kings (a no name team playing in the Super 15 due to political interference) drew against a full strength Brumbies team earlier this year, this game never ceases to amaze me

Let's go from 1 - 15:
  • Grant and Stevens? Paul James and David Wilson are much better.
  • What the hell has happened to Best? I wouldn't be upset if Webber were to jump straight ahead of him if there's another injury...
  • Meh in the second row, perhaps Launchbury can count himself unlucky. AWJ/POC/Parling have the test places in the bag.
  • Very disappointed with SOB. Hope he hasn't played himself out, because I think it was one off game.
  • Faletau can come out happy.
  • Half-backs have been one giant cock-up. Youngs has been a mixed bag, Murray is playing okay (but okay doesn't cut it at this level). Laidlaw and Care should be touring instead. There has been plenty of opportunity to use three fly-halves and Burns/Biggar should be there.
  • Can't complain 11-14, they joined late and were served with rubbish.
  • Nice one Kearney.

Has anyone seen the ESPN scrum stats? Excluding Faletau, the entire pack (including replacements!) carried for 23 meters in 40 runs. Faletau carried 27 in 16. (Which still isn't great for an 8...)

Well the proper spelling makes no sense. I mean 'queue', wtf is that!

Wait. Cue......... ah ***** it!
ha! see I see you edited your post. Oh the irony.

Was a typo btw. The basement is very dark........

Has anyone seen the ESPN scrum stats? Excluding Faletau, the entire pack (including replacements!) carried for 23 meters in 40 runs. Faletau carried 27 in 16. (Which still isn't great for an 8...)

Yeah, not great carrying by the forwards. I thought Faletau's carrying was as good as could be expected, considering he was usually starting on the back foot. Hibbard upped the physicality of the carrying when he came on.

Nothing has 'happened' to Best, at least on the tour. He was dire during the Six Nations. There was a reason he was not selected. If Ken Owens was fit, I'd have sent him in a heartbeat.

Watched the game just now on Sky+, and it was bad.

No disrespect to the Brumbies, considering they also nearly did one on the Lions 12 years ago, and this goes to show how important they've become to Australian Rugby. Kimlin must be starting for the Brumbies come Saturday, he was immense.

But thrown together backline was almost set up to fail without a real Stand Off to direct the them. Really wonder why Hook/Madigan/Burns werent called up instead of Barritt. Youngs had one of his games where he goes missing. Falteau best of a bad bunch. Dont understand why Stevens was selected still, he must add something at the bar. Best and Grant showing why they werent originally selected.

Thankfully, Test team won't be as bad this (hopefully). The only thing this game has determined is that Corbs, Hibbard, Parling, Lyidate and Murray gurantee bench places.

Nothing has 'happened' to Best, at least on the tour. He was dire during the Six Nations. There was a reason he was not selected. If Ken Owens was fit, I'd have sent him in a heartbeat.
I meant what has happened to Best since halfway through the 6N? He seemed a cert for the Lions, then his throwing went bad in one game in the 6N and hasn't seemed to have recovered since?

Let's go from 1 - 15:
  • Grant and Stevens? Paul James and David Wilson are much better.
  • What the hell has happened to Best? I wouldn't be upset if Webber were to jump straight ahead of him if there's another injury...
  • Meh in the second row, perhaps Launchbury can count himself unlucky. AWJ/POC/Parling have the test places in the bag.
  • Very disappointed with SOB. Hope he hasn't played himself out, because I think it was one off game.
  • Faletau can come out happy.
  • Half-backs have been one giant cock-up. Youngs has been a mixed bag, Murray is playing okay (but okay doesn't cut it at this level). Laidlaw and Care should be touring instead. There has been plenty of opportunity to use three fly-halves and Burns/Biggar should be there.
  • Can't complain 11-14, they joined late and were served with rubbish.
  • Nice one Kearney.

I have just watched the game and have to agree with most of this except I thought Kearney, after x weeks off, had a super game, SOB was never going to be in the team but a reserve and Faletau was everywhere.

The back line was unbelieveable but with the scrum and line out s***, Youngs having one of his many bad days and Hogg playing his 2nd game in years at 10....what chance did they have?

Thought Wade was pretty average in defence and did nothing to show me that, defensively, he can stand up to the international level as yet and that is the reason why he will not be first choice pick for the Autumn Internationals.....!!

There top 23 will be good enough to beat the Wallabies amd there are maybe four or five others who can come in to that squad, if there are further injuries, but there is probably a lack of of the requisite depth and those in this team showed it..........

Thought Wade was pretty average in defence and did nothing to show me that, defensively, he can stand up to the international level as yet and that is the reason why he will not be first choice pick for the Autumn Internationals.....!!

He will be, he was ok tbh, in a well drilled backline he's more than adequate defensively. Except for under high ball, but there isn't much he can do about that.

Is there something fundamentally wrong with Best's throwing technique? He seems to hold the ball as far away from his body as possible and tuck his elbows in/keep his arms straight.
Not seen anyone else throw like it.

He will be, he was ok tbh, in a well drilled backline he's more than adequate defensively. Except for under high ball, but there isn't much he can do about that.
Did you see that insane jump he did to regain the ball from an up and under (or was it a box kick? can't remember)?

Did you see that insane jump he did to regain the ball from an up and under (or was it a box kick? can't remember)?

Yeah, being short doesn't necessarily mean poor under the high ball. People always expected Shane to be dominated in the air, and but for a few occasions he handled himself well. Halfpenny another example of being relatively short, yet great under the high ball.

Latest posts