• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Adrian "12 second warning" Morley strikes again

Looked pretty bad.

They reckon he's played his last match in OZ and could miss up to a 1/3 of next years super league.

Silly F@#k.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Morley..actually he doesnt even deserve a capital letter at the start of his name tbh. He is a T-H-U-G.

Willie Mason did very well to keep his cool..<3

Originally posted by Kiwi Kim
Well Willies is at the top end......Morley and Roosters the other.....why waste your time joining losers in their hole?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jul 25 2006, 07:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kiwi Kim
Well Willies is at the top end......Morley and Roosters the other.....why waste your time joining losers in their hole? [/b]
Try asking Nate & Braith that..why would you go to a club like that..OOH i know..MONEY.

Morley gets seven weeks
27 July 2006 
By GLENN JACKSON
Sydney Morning Herald

Roosters prop Adrian Morley last night described the kneeing incident that ended his NRL career as a "brain snap" and a "real stupid thing to do".

Morley was rubbed out for seven matches at the NRL judiciary last night for kneeing Corey Hughes on Saturday night.

As the Herald predicted yesterday, Morley's legal team sought the help of Bulldogs forward Willie Mason in its defence. Mason submitted a letter to the hearing that, while not condoning the incident, vouched for Morley's character.

Speaking publicly for the first time about the incident, which occurred in the 67th minute of the Roosters' 25-0 loss to the Bulldogs, Morley described his act as "very regretful".

The 29-year-old said he lashed out at Hughes because he thought the Bulldogs hooker had punched teammate Ashley Harrison, who was at marker, as revealed in the Herald on Monday.

"Corey Hughes got up to play the ball, and I thought he threw a punch at Ashley Harrison," Morley told the hearing. "He made a shoving motion. I was behind. I got an impaired view. I thought he threw a punch."

Morley also revealed the Roosters had put him up at a hotel in the days leading up to the hearing because of the publicity generated by the case.

The Great Britain prop, who will leave the Roosters for Warrington at the end of the season, said his action was "unacceptable" but added: "I certainly didn't intend to knee him. Obviously the video shows it there, but that wasn't my intention. It was very regretful, a real stupid thing to do - a brain snap, really."

The NRL's counsel had sought a suspension of seven to nine matches, while Morley's counsel, Geoff Bellew, asked for five games to allow Morley a final NRL outing with the Roosters. After an hour-long hearing, the three-man panel of Bob Lindner, Mark Coyne and Jason Stevens took 10 minutes to sink that request, but offered Morley a Tri-Nations lifeline.

As it stands, Morley will miss six Roosters games and one Tri-Nations match. But with Great Britain intending to play a practice match in Newcastle, Morley and his representatives will lobby judiciary chairman Greg Woods to include that game as part of the suspension, meaning he would be free to take part in all of the Tri-Nations Tests.

Mason's letter and a character reference from Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan detailing Morley's charity work, were key components of his defence.

Mason wrote that Morley "would be the first person to admit it was a stupid act and no matter the outcome of the judiciary hearing it will be something he will deeply regret for the rest of his life".

AdvertisementAdvertisementHe added: "I am writing in support of Adrian because I have a lot of respect for him as a person and as one of the toughest players in the toughest competition in the world. I respectfully hope that the NRL judiciary takes leniency when considering Adrian's penalty."

NRL counsel Peter Kite compared the incident to Greg Bird's kneeing of Souths winger Shane Marteene in 2004, which resulted in an 10-match suspension for the Sharks back-rower. However, he conceded Morley's offence was less serious. Bellew argued Morley's actions were "instantaneous", while Bird's were "premeditated".

But Kite said even if Morley was responding to actions by Hughes "it's clearly not the role of the players to take into their own hands the laws of the game, seeking vengeance and retribution".

"It was a fairly violent strike to the body with the knee and the leg ? it's an aggressive action," he said. "It remains a blight on not only this player's reputation but a blight on the game, and can't be tolerated."

Morley's 10 previous offences during his six-year tenure in the NRL were presented as evidence, but Bellew said they should be shown in their "proper light", the majority being for low-grade careless high tackles.

Morley said he was "bitterly disappointed" his NRL career had ended on such a note.

The Roosters suffered a further blow when five-eighth Braith Anasta was ruled out for the rest of the season after having groin surgery yesterday.

[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3745450a1823,00.html

so he gets 7 weeks, and a chance to play in the tri nations this year. i am not sure if he really deserves it though :)

7 weeks!!..thats f'ing pathetic..7 weeks!!..also considering hes been suspended like 10 times before ;)

And pfft at Mr Murry..he wouldnt be saying go easy on Morley..he wouldnt be saying that if it was a Cowboys player he kneed. And might i add..if it was on the other foot..and it was a Bulldog who did it..it would be a 17 match ban for sure!!!

Why all the hate?

Morley is the only reason I watch league. He provides the best hits period. And he got red carded in the first tackle of a game, you have to be awesome for that to happen.

Originally posted by Serge@Jul 27 2006, 10:13 PM
Why all the hate?

Morley is the only reason I watch league. He provides the best hits period. And he got red carded in the first tackle of a game, you have to be awesome for that to happen.
You have to be a thug for that to happen.

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+Jul 27 2006, 09:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Jul 27 2006, 10:13 PM
Why all the hate?

You have to be a thug for that to happen. [/b]
Let's get this straight; you're a fan of a team that all celebrated in embrace when they thought a member of their team may have critically injured an opposition team member (dogs v tigers) and you're complaining about thugs?

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Jul 27 2006, 11:47 AM
7 weeks!!..thats f'ing pathetic..7 weeks!!..also considering hes been suspended like 10 times before ;)

And pfft at Mr Murry..he wouldnt be saying go easy on Morley..he wouldnt be saying that if it was a Cowboys player he kneed. And might i add..if it was on the other foot..and it was a Bulldog who did it..it would be a 17 match ban for sure!!!
It was your beloved Willie that pleaded with the judiciary to go easy on Morley... so maybe you should blame him.

Originally posted by The TRUTH+Jul 28 2006, 03:12 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi
@Jul 27 2006, 11:47 AM

It was your beloved Willie that pleaded with the judiciary to go easy on Morley... so maybe you should blame him. [/b]
Mate, that just sounds wrong! I hope the pun wasn't intended :p .

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 28 2006, 12:33 AM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Jul 27 2006, 09:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Jul 27 2006, 10:13 PM
Why all the hate?

You have to be a thug for that to happen.
Let's get this straight; you're a fan of a team that all celebrated in embrace when they thought a member of their team may have critically injured an opposition team member (dogs v tigers) and you're complaining about thugs? [/b]
Hey!!..i wasnt one of the ones cheering, yeah it was a big hit, but i don't like seeing ANY player get injured..i even felt sorry for khunt when he got knocked the f*** out.

And the Bulldogs arnt the first or last team to celebrate when i player goes down from a big hit.

Originally posted by The TRUTH+Jul 28 2006, 04:12 AM-->

It was your beloved Willie that pleaded with the judiciary to go easy on Morley... so maybe you should blame him. [/b]
Willie Mason wasnt the one who decided for him to only get 7 weeks. Sure he defended him, but Morley approached him..it wasnt the other way round..Willie didnt say "aww yeah it wasnt even bad..i'll defend you". I highly doubt he feels that way at all.

All this talk of Morley?? :blink:

All this talk of the Bulldogs?? :wacko:

WHAT ABOUT THE MIGHTY RAIDERS CHARGING NORTHWARD BOUND FOR THE SEMIS

GOT 2 BYES LEFT - 1 BEING THE SOUTHS MATCH (going this weekend in corporate box with food and beer with Crussel the Love Mussel, i am bringing my phone)

GO THE MIGHTY GREEN MCAHINE!!!!

P.S - HOT PROPERTY NEW YOUNG GUN TODD CARNEY - THE HOT CROSS BUN - WATCH HIM STEAR THE RAIDERS INTO FINAL CONTENTION...WATCH HIM STEAR THE RAIDERS TO POWERHOUSE IN THE YEARS TO COME

Seriously this Carney will turn some heads, and as Weyman already has turned some heads, look out for the young blooded green machine next year to once again be branded as spooners, only to progress into the final 8!!!

Oh its all soo soo familiar - BUT GET BLOODY GOOD ODDS @ THE TAB COZ OF THE PUBLIC PERCEPTION THAT WE WILL GET THE SPOON!!!!

NOW...........just sit back and enjoy Rugby League of how it should be played - IN GREEN!!!!!

:bleh!: :lol2tn: :cheers: :bravo: :cheers: :bana: :bleh!:

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+Jul 28 2006, 03:27 PM-->
Originally posted by The TRUTH@Jul 28 2006, 04:12 AM

It was your beloved Willie that pleaded with the judiciary to go easy on Morley... so maybe you should blame him.
Willie Mason wasnt the one who decided for him to only get 7 weeks. Sure he defended him, but Morley approached him..it wasnt the other way round..Willie didnt say "aww yeah it wasnt even bad..i'll defend you". I highly doubt he feels that way at all. [/b]
You do know that the only reason Morley approached Mason was because right after the game Mason said that he hoped the judiciary would be lenient on Morley? I'm pretty sure Mason wouldn't have come out and said that if he didn't feel that way.

Latest posts