Advertising idea

Discussion in 'Site News & Suggestions' started by St Helens RLFC, Apr 19, 2006.

1. We are looking into the possibility of TRF sponsoring an advertising hoarding or something similar.

Any sensible ideas would be appreciated.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

What about magazine advertising...

I dont know what rugby mags you have in the SH

Or even Programme advertising...

4. I suspect that advertising in a magazine would be the most expensive idea, though it's a good one. Print advertising is an expensive business.

It's all going to need some money, everyone will have to put their hand in their pockets.

And I will need to finalise the takeover.... <_<

5. toup

toup Guest

Just as a rough idea, how much would you expect to raise/allow for advertising? And have you thought about other ways of generating revenue? Selling banner space etc?

6. Selling banner space?

7. Black-Monday

Black-Monday Guest

Seems like we do that for free at moment, take the Rugby Challenge thing down and ask for dosh.

Also ask EA for sponsorship, the people on this forum are walking adverts for the game.

BM

8. kaftka

kaftka Guest

That seems kind of rude. They host this site. ;)

9. Black-Monday

Black-Monday Guest

Ok, didn't know.

Just thought we were doing it for a friendly favour.

Doesn't make it obvious for them they host the sight, it should say 'this board is hosted by..'

BM

10. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Meh.

11. toup

toup Guest

As indicated below, a variety of online advertisers will buy up banner space on sites to use for campaigns which they are running. You need to check with swordfish as obviously they host the forum, and they may not want you selling space or at the very least will have stipulations about what kind of content they will allow to appear. If you get the green light from swordfish though I can give you a few avenues to pursue with regards to selling the banner space...

12. Il let you advertise on my forum if you let me advertise on yours...:p

13. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

YEAH! THAT'LL DO HEAPS!!!

wonderful!!!

<_<

we got alotta online gamers on here...maybe startin up a lil clan thing where we put trf as our usernames....fun, free and no harm..

14. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Good idea! Then they will go and visit trf.com

15. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

nah i mean thrrugbyforum.com

or even make a server...but that'll mean pocket money..right?

16. kaftka

kaftka Guest

What the fork is thrrugbyforum.com?

17. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

the "r" button on the keyboard got jealous so it jumped infront of the "e" button...

i promise...here have a puppy

[​IMG]

18. kaftka

kaftka Guest

*eats*

19. Well next time your at a rugby match, take a big old sheet or whatever and have www.therugbyforum.com written on it with big handwriting. It's free and people will see it.

20. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

That the best idea I've heard, since someone suggested saving chewing gum under the foreskin.

No, in all seriousness, it is a good idea. :bravo:

21. Would anyone be up for doing that?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!