• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Advertising idea

S

St Helens RLFC

We are looking into the possibility of TRF sponsoring an advertising hoarding or something similar.

Any sensible ideas would be appreciated.

What about magazine advertising...

I dont know what rugby mags you have in the SH

Or even Programme advertising...

I suspect that advertising in a magazine would be the most expensive idea, though it's a good one. Print advertising is an expensive business.

It's all going to need some money, everyone will have to put their hand in their pockets.

And I will need to finalise the takeover.... <_<

Just as a rough idea, how much would you expect to raise/allow for advertising? And have you thought about other ways of generating revenue? Selling banner space etc?

Seems like we do that for free at moment, take the Rugby Challenge thing down and ask for dosh.

Also ask EA for sponsorship, the people on this forum are walking adverts for the game.

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Apr 19 2006, 10:32 PM
Seems like we do that for free at moment, take the Rugby Challenge thing down and ask for dosh.
That seems kind of rude. They host this site. ;)

Ok, didn't know.

Just thought we were doing it for a friendly favour.

Doesn't make it obvious for them they host the sight, it should say 'this board is hosted by..'

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Apr 19 2006, 10:44 PM
Ok, didn't know.

Just thought we were doing it for a friendly favour.

Doesn't make it obvious for them they host the sight, it should say 'this board is hosted by..'

BM
Meh.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 19 2006, 08:29 AM
Selling banner space?
As indicated below, a variety of online advertisers will buy up banner space on sites to use for campaigns which they are running. You need to check with swordfish as obviously they host the forum, and they may not want you selling space or at the very least will have stipulations about what kind of content they will allow to appear. If you get the green light from swordfish though I can give you a few avenues to pursue with regards to selling the banner space...

Originally posted by Air Ben@Apr 19 2006, 10:15 PM
Il let you advertise on my forum if you let me advertise on yours...:p
YEAH! THAT'LL DO HEAPS!!!

wonderful!!!

<_<

we got alotta online gamers on here...maybe startin up a lil clan thing where we put trf as our usernames....fun, free and no harm..

nah i mean thrrugbyforum.com

or even make a server...but that'll mean pocket money..right?

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 22 2006, 08:59 PM
What the fork is thrrugbyforum.com?
the "r" button on the keyboard got jealous so it jumped infront of the "e" button...

i promise...here have a puppy

cute%20puppy%202.jpg

That the best idea I've heard, since someone suggested saving chewing gum under the foreskin.

No, in all seriousness, it is a good idea. :bravo: