• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs. Portugal score

I think Portugal will lose badly, by 70 point. But tis RWC will be a learning experience for Portugal.

The ABs will probably want to keep structure which is needed to win the RWC so maybe 80-3 ? if Portugal are lucky :p

I reckon the score will move into the low hundreds...but anything is possible I guess. Maybe 140? 150? No higher than that though.

I predict 117-0

Before i post my prediction: who exactly is the favourites to win this game?

Portugal. By miles. We've got a lot of ballsy punters in this forum...

140+ - 0 to the AB's and the WC individual try scoring record against one team will be broken ...

I think Marc Ellis has that record with 6 against Japan in 1995.

About Portugal RWC participation,

you should know that in the last years, even when Portugal won the B nations, they always practice 2 times a week, and were together only thursday nights to play on saturdays.
This year, we were invited to participate has residencial team in the sevens irb circuit, and all the players that are in the 7 National team, play as well in the XV team. So the effort was even bigger.
They study and work, and only practice, at night, in their clubs for 2 hours, 3 times a week. The international players also practice, some of them, before their works, in the gym.
So if you, galota, saw the game against uruguai, you totally right, we play very badly. But if you saw this team playing against Romenia (winning) or against Fiji (loosing in the last minute), i'm shore that you wouldn't predict that dramatic participation by Portugal.
To prepar to the RWC, they have an special license, since june (I think), that aloud them not to work, and still receiving their salarys. And they work only fitness in the last month (I can garantee that they are bigger than 1 month ago), and now in july and august they will prepar their game system and will play some games against English and Canada teams, and I think that with Japan national team too.
So, even that I dont believe they wont loose for a minium of 100 points against NZ, I really think that a lot of minds will be suprised when they see the graduated portuguese players in the field.
And I even bet that against Romenia, we probably will won our first 3 points (and last ones...16 teams 2011) in the RWC.

See you in France!

I don't reckon they will get to 100 points... even if they are 50 points up, what is there to gain by humiliating their opponent? No offense to Portugal, or our portuguese members, I respect the fact that every nation has to start somewhere.

I don't reckon they will get to 100 points... even if they are 50 points up, what is there to gain by humiliating their opponent? No offense to Portugal, or our portuguese members, I respect the fact that every nation has to start somewhere.
[/b]

Well, in Portugal we are 10 million of people. Every day, football on news have at least 20/30 min space, sport newspapers talk at least 80% of football.

No of Clubs: 57
No of Registered Players: 4286
No of Referees: 35

Pre-teen Male Players: 2737
Pre-teen Female Players: 0

Teen Male Players: 315
Teen Female Players: 171

Senior Male Players: 1063
Senior Female Players: 0

Total Male Players: 4115
Total Female Players: 171 (I'm one of these !!)

So, the impact that a game with NZ or Scotland can have and the participation in the RWC, it can be only positive. Even that you think that we are going to humiliated. So look this:

26/05/2007, 15:00 South Africa 58 - 10 England Vodacom Park
02/06/2007, 15:00 South Africa 55 - 22 England Loftus Versfeld

Statistics for New Zealand vs England
Played: 29 Won: 22 Lost: 6 Draw: 1 Points For: 652 Points Against: 364

I'm sorry, did you miss understand my post? As I said, every nation has to start somewhere, and I think it has been said enough times before me, any participation in the World Cup by any smaller team can only be a positive thing for them and World Rugby.

You think football doesn't get 80% of the news coverage in England? Of course it does!

Don't be so touchy, no-one in their right mind expects Portugal to win, or even lose by a small margin, I was simply making my point that I don't think it will be 100 points.

85-12 i reckon.
Seen the Port 7s side......not too shabby. reckon they'll pop in for 2 and convert one....oh yeah......and concede loads....but not over 100

85-12 i reckon.
Seen the Port 7s side......not too shabby. reckon they'll pop in for 2 and convert one....oh yeah......and concede loads....but not over 100
[/b]

Really don´t think Portugal can scored 12 points to the AB´s . And NZ will manage to score more than 100. 112-0, my guess.

One thing : "Hand of God", there´s only one and it´s not irish