• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amlin Cup 2012/13: Pool One, Round One

[Controversial] Maybe he gave himself a poke to reduce his ban. Bloodgate style. [/controversial]

Half of the shedweb (most biased fans this side of Leicester) said there was no gouge and they were rewinding etc. on skyplus

Teh Mite said:
There'll be dozens of clips on YouTube before morning.​

Aye. I'm disappointed it's not up already, the slackers :(

On the positive, Sharples showed a fair few touches of class. Always impressed by him.

Sharples was impressive in parts, but didn't get enough clean ball to work from. For England, Twelvetrees and Knight were the ones who put in a good shift imo.

Tonga have one hell of a player in Kalamafoni.

diapo2afcc5a78284677092c495d8a159be02.gif

People saying that he may have been gouged up to three points before this incident. If true and if it's this player that Hazell attacked, even if it doesn't entirely excuse what Hazell did, I have a lot more sympathy for Hazell, and hope that what the culprit did comes to light.

Just saw the Hazel incident. Whether he was gouged or not it was a complete loss of control and was borderline sinister.

This is going to sound strange but the knee was by far the worst part of it. The player was not retaliating, was completely defenceless and it could have caused a really really serious injury.

There's no justification for any of the behaviour, but you can see how and why he reacted the way he did. What I can not understand is the extent of the retaliation.

God, that is one of, if not the worst incident I have seen on a rugby field.
Long ban for the scum, I hope.

****, that's some serious ****, even if he was gouged (if true, Mont de Marsan player deserves a long ban - hate gougers) that's just disgusting, especially since he's not even trying to defend himself on the floor, and Hazell puts a knee in his face...

Gougers deserve what they get as far as i'm concerned, good to his ass getting kicked. I don't really care about the incident.

My opinion depends on whether he was gouged though.

However behaviour like that isn't really acceptable anywhere apart from a fighting ring so he should get a ban for that.

Last edited:
What that clip doesn't show is Hazell getting gouged and then getting clocked from behind. I'm not defending the guy, because that was just plain terrible, but it wasn't entirely uncalled for.

I watched the game and neither then or since have I seen any evidence of gouging......not to say it did not happen but saw no footage.....and neither did I see too much damage or instant complaints from him of the potential gouge! Wonder if Davies was doing a Rodgers when he defended the diver.........................

MdM had something like 10 academy players out and I thought that they were terrific and totally committed although limited in attack. Gloucester were likewise under strength, although having much stronger squad, but did not put them away as they should have.............12trees was very good but Kalamafoni was superb!!

Full incident ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZYpljlcVHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nigel Davies said, "The doctor's had a look at Andy's eye. It was severely sore and very red. And we took some pictures of that, because that was damning evidence in its own right."

But to be fair to Nigel he has also said that he did not condone the action of Hazell.

Blah. Gloucester left with 10 second row/back row players now. One is a newbie (Evans), three in their mid-30s (Buxton, James, Brown), Hamilton and Morgan will be gone for a lot of internationals, Qera and Kalamafoni for some internationals. Season going to be defined by how well we deal with a lack of depth in the pack I think.

Latest posts