• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An Awesome Brand New Game

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 19 2005, 08:04 PM
When will this game go into production? Who exactly is making it and how do you expect to publish / distribute it?
It is expected that this concept will become part of the game in the 'Make Your Own Game!!' topic. We believe (i.e the concept artists believe) that the game will be produced by Codemasters and the development will be helped along by Swordfish. The release date is yet to be confirmed, so until later keep talking to the caring blokes at Lattimorx Industries (i.e myself, kaf and possibly GG)!

Hmm you do realise that games cost a lot of money to make, and chances are a relatively shallow game such as this (no offence Kaf) probably wouldn't interest a game developer as they infact do employ people to think up game ideas...

Originally posted by Jacko+Oct 19 2005, 08:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Oct 19 2005, 08:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Oct 19 2005, 08:04 PM
When will this game go into production? Who exactly is making it and how do you expect to publish / distribute it?
It is expected that this concept will become part of the game in the 'Make Your Own Game!!' topic. We believe (i.e the concept artists believe) that the game will be produced by Codemasters and the development will be helped along by Swordfish. The release date is yet to be confirmed, so until later keep talking to the caring blokes at Lattimorx Industries (i.e myself, kaf and possibly GG)! [/b]
Actually, Scrap Metal: The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulator does not have anything to do with the 'Make your own game' topic. It is in fact a solo project.

ERIC, I am currently in talks with Mario and am hoping he can help me find a publisher.
Unfortunately it seems he has a bad case of over-inflated ego (largely thanks to the helpfulness of Weta, of Lord of the Rings fame. And a 9/10 from Gamespot) and isn't helping out 'the little guy', even though he was one himself a few years ago.

Don't worry though, this little gem will hit the shelves at some stage.

Sorry kaf for my bad answer... there is always confusion among a business, doesn't matter who you are.

Could all questions about 'Make Your Own Game!!' please go there... if you do not feel safe enough asking questions or pondering there please send me a PM
<

I'm sorry, but it's fairly obvious that Scrap Metal: The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulation is a lot better than making your own game.

Scrap Metal: The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulation is quite possibly the perfect game.

And don't worry, I am still a business partner with you...

I've got a great idea... we release both, Scrap Metal comes first then five months later comes my game (yet to be ***lted).

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 11 2005, 02:30 PM
I have designed the logo
so you've designed a logo... i skimmed throught this part. Can you post it?

Originally posted by Jacko+Oct 27 2005, 06:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Oct 27 2005, 06:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Oct 11 2005, 02:30 PM
I have designed the logo
so you've designed a logo... i skimmed throught this part. Can you post it? [/b]
Yeah, eventually...

Just imagine the word 'SCRAP' in a reddishy colour, with the word 'METAL' underneath in thick chrome lettering, "The Ultimate...." in small text underneath, all the text has a shadow, and up in the top corner, to the left of 'SCRAP', above the word 'METAL' there is the shadow of a digger on a slight angle. And finally, in the background, there is a massive, massive explosion (ie. Independance Day rolling fireballs et.)
<

Simple!!

Only took about 15 minutes all up.

Wow... don't think it is as good as mine though... refer to the original 'Make Your Own Game!!' topic.

Latest posts