• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Unveils the Next Generation of Games at E3

Originally posted by Ripper+May 31 2006, 08:12 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@May 30 2006, 10:52 PM
It dosent have the franchise mode of ps2 by the sounds of it.
So they are going to upgrade the scouting and have an all star draft prospect game for the Current Gen... but they are going to remove the franchise mode? :wacko: [/b]
No. Why would they remove franchise from current gen? Im saying that the 360 version does not hav the same in depth franchise as ps2 or xbox.

Well AK, theres not a single thing in there about an improved franchise. Dosent look good.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 31 2006, 05:41 PM
Well AK, theres not a single thing in there about an improved franchise. Dosent look good.
The most realistic version to date with Next Gen

If they dont have back-office owner mode with offeason calendar - I will not be buying this shite :wall:

Surely its something common sense and they wont divulge the info coz its a given......i understand last year - but this year, it should have all the bells n whistles otherwise this franchise hasnt evolved at all after a full year of Next Gen.....evolved in graphics n sound, but surely these games are meant to get harder n harder and more complex, and deeper.........dont tell me the $650.00 f***ing machine is for a sound n vision upgrade only.

These games are supposed to get deeper.............oh f*** its EA.......shite forget what i just said..............just f*** it all off :wall:

Well, they copped huge flack over leaving out play challenges, create a player, mini camp, and depth and owner mode from franchise. Now theyve come out and said that challeges create a player and mini cmp is back, but they forget to mention franchise!? i think if it was in, they would be skiting about it like everthing else, buy hiding it they just **** gamers off, theres no point. Ive read alot of madden 07 360 previews and never heard anything about owner mode. Sure, they say its gonna be the best yet, but they dont back it up. I hope im wrong, but like you said, its EA.

Originally posted by CeeJay+May 31 2006, 05:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper@May 31 2006, 08:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@May 30 2006, 10:52 PM
It dosent have the franchise mode of ps2 by the sounds of it.

So they are going to upgrade the scouting and have an all star draft prospect game for the Current Gen... but they are going to remove the franchise mode? :wacko:
No. Why would they remove franchise from current gen? Im saying that the 360 version does not hav the same in depth franchise as ps2 or xbox.

Well AK, theres not a single thing in there about an improved franchise. Dosent look good. [/b]
My bad, read your post wrong. :wall:

Found this on GPSTORE

Says a little bit more about than other news i have read.

Love the bit at the bottom "all new challenge play feature" FFS :wall:

With the exclusive video game license of the NFL and PLAYERS INC, Madden NFL 07 continues to be the #1 football franchise in history. In its 17th installment, you control the running game like never before. For the first time ever, step up as the lead blocker to create a hole, and then take control of the tailback and smash through, overpower, or slash away from would-be tacklers as you fight for every yard. Innovative rushing controls give you a game-breaking ground attack featuring all-new jukes, cutbacks, and the distinct running styles of your favorite backs. Between the tackles or in the open field, run to daylight with Madden NFL 07.

Key Features:
* Lead Blocker Control: Throw the perfect block and create a running lane with all-new lead blocking control, and then take command of the tailback and rip off a big gain.
* NFL Superstar: Hall of Fame Mode: Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field. Your actions on and off the field determine your impact on the game.
* Run Like the Players Run with the All-New Highlight Stick: Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field). All-new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.
* Additions to Franchise Mode: Scout collegiate prospects with the all-new NFL Draft Scouting System and the College All-Star Game, or watch players around the NFL impact their teams with the new Franchise Player Roles feature.
* Team-Specific Defensive Playbooks: For the first time, use actual plays from your favorite team's defensive playbook to shut down the running game, pressure the quarterback, or force key turnovers.
* Online Play: Climb the leaderboard as you take on your biggest rivals from coast-to-coast in Play Now or Session Match games.

Xbox 360 features:
* The Season Begins in Mini-Camp: Create a player then build up his attributes by running him through skill-based, combine-type mini-games. In the off-season use Mini-Camps to condition players or rehab injuries to get back on the field faster.
* Madden Gamer Level: Track your career accomplishments in Franchise Mode to earn Madden Gamer Points, and then wager your rewards against the computer or against live online opponents to reach the ultimate reward-the NFL Hall of Fame.
* Replay Challenge: Throw the red flag and challenge any play. Overturned calls or plays "that stand" have a huge effect on the outcome of every game.

Sadly, NFL superstar, hall of fame mode, franchise aditions mentioned and team specific defensive plays are current gen only. In fact anything deep is current gen only.

To make matters worse, i just downloaded a video interview with the lead producer of madden 360, and mini games are it. There is no further additions to franchise. The franchise in madden 06 was unplayable, and having no season mode esentilly makes the game MP and exhibition match only. Hardley gonna be the deepest madden if this isnt fixed.

I know man, current gen is looking awsome feature wise, but i cant go back coz the visuls are so bad, and i dont want next gen coz its broken. Oh well...

Still waiting to hear something on the development of a Next Gen Rugby... man, that'll be sweet!

Yeah, Superstar mode looks preety decent this year... aslong as they fix the f***ing sim engine

You hav to wonder if theyre putting in superstar mode, where is owner mode?

Sounds good though, franchise mode on the 360 is broken, so superstar will keep the game alive.

Just read a bit over at igm, and they said that they did not want to rush owner mode so they left it out? Theyve had plenty of time!

What about the new screens with the 3d grass, is it just me, or does it lool like commadore 64 grass!! Honestly, the grass on rugby 06 is 3d but still looks real. In those screens it looks like a garden not a field.

CHECK THIS OUT

http://xbox360.gamedaily.com/game/features...id=5212&id=1062

EA's ESPN Revolution
The largest third party publisher in the world is about to take sports gaming to new heights.
July 19, 2006by Bryan Dawson

In the world of sports entertainment, ESPN is one of the leading companies, providing around the clock coverage of just about any sport imaginable. When you think of sports in general, it's very hard not to mention ESPN in some form. Electronic Arts has the same effect on sports gaming. When you think of sports gaming, you have to mention EA somewhere in the conversation. Some people may prefer 2K Sports or even over the top sports games from Midway, but Electronic Arts is synonymous with sports videogames.

Several years ago, 2K Sports and Sega tried to get the upper hand on EA by collaborating with ESPN to bring the popular sports branding to the 2K Sports ***les. The name of the games changed to show the new ESPN branding, and some of the ESPN broadcast presentation was used, but overall it was more about trying to use the ESPN name to sell more units than anything else. When the contract between 2K Sports and ESPN came to a close, EA was quick to snatch up the ESPN branding with a 15 year deal. While Sega and 2K Sports were happy with simply using the ESPN name, EA will soon be taking the branding to new heights, and sports gaming along with it.

Madden NFL 07Using the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 07 as the flagship ***le for the first of many embedded ESPN sports ***les, Electronic Arts is about to amaze the sports gaming world. Eventually all of the EA Sports ***les will feature the same embedded features that NBA Live 07 will feature, but it takes time to add these features to each sports franchise. Due to the development schedule and release timing of NBA Live 07, it will serve as the premier ***le for ESPN integration.

At E3 2006 we saw a snippet of what EA was planning. If you played any of the EA Sports ***les at E3, you probably noticed the ESPN ticker at the bottom of the screen. This ticker will show your dynasty mode stats as a default, but you can change your settings to show live sports updates from ESPN. That means if you're waiting on the final score of the Cowboys vs. Patriots game while playing some Madden NFL 07, you can turn on the ESPN ticker for a live feed of real sports scores.

That's a nice feature to have in sports gaming, but it's only the tip of the iceberg. In NBA Live 07 for the Xbox 360, players will be able to access the ESPN menu and stream pod casts directly from ESPN Radio. These pod casts will update every 15 minutes with the latest news and shows from ESPN Radio, including Mike & Mike and The Dan Patrick Show. While you're listening to the pod cast you can play your game or navigate through the menu. You won't be limited to the ESPN menu while listening to the broadcasts.

"In NBA Live 07 for the Xbox 360, players will be able to access the ESPN menu and stream pod casts directly from ESPN Radio."
Pod casts and a live sports ticker won't be the only features you'll find in NBA Live 07. Players will have access to original programming from ESPN. You won't be able to navigate around while you're watching since these will be presented in the form of streaming video, but having ESPN television programming embedded within NBA Live 07 and updated every 15 minutes is a sport's fans dream. Eventually we expect a large portion of the ESPN programming schedule to be available, but for the time being we don't have details on exactly which shows you'll be able to watch.

Madden NFL 07While all of the EA Sports ***les will feature some form of ESPN integration, NBA Live 07 on the Xbox 360 is leading the way. You'll need your Xbox 360 connected to the internet at all times to enjoy the ESPN features, but with the Xbox Live strategy Microsoft has employed with the 360, you should already have it connected at all times. Other sports ***les will work in the same way. Even the PSP and PlayStation 2 versions of the 07 EA Sports line will feature some ESPN integration. The exact features of each game are still unknown, but streaming ESPN Radio has been confirmed for all ***les releasing after NCAA Football 07.

Perhaps the most intriguing fact about this relationship between ESPN and Electronic Arts is something that EA stressed continually. This is only the first year of a 15 year partnership between the two companies. That's right folks the ESPN embedding featured in NBA Live 07 is only the beginning. We can't wait to see what EA will have in store for us five years from now. Until then, we'll enjoy the phenomenal new features that EA will be embedding into NBA Live 07 when it ships for the Xbox 360 later this year.

So i need to be online to get the EA sports radio? WTF?! They really are going in the wrong direction with the espn liscence, they should be integrating it into the actual games, like 2k sports. Its a damn shame.

Wow, that's incredible!! Looks like they've done sme serious work to the Superstar Mode and it is now far more indepth. This time around, you actually get to some work in the gym and do a 40 time trial. They also seem to have combined the pre-seasons drills of Franchise with this.

If the Superstar Mode is the same on PS2, I will be very happy. Hopefully there will even be the opportunity to make the game "Enhanced with EyeToy" so that I can turn MYSELF into the Superstar!

Latest posts