• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Unveils the Next Generation of Games at E3

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 11 2006, 04:40 PM
Well, theres a 4 page preview of madden 07 360 over at ign, and all the missing features are back (create a player, challenge, mini camp, superstar, and in deapth player management system (like 2k5) Apparently there is more to be revealed aswell. No primetime pre and post game shows. But it actually sounds like proper madden. the new improved superstar mode sounds cool. They also have 3d grass! (rugby 06 beat them to this one!) So you were right Ak, the running back stuff is all icing on the cake. The new special move stick for speed based running backs sounds good too. hopefully its not all lies like, like kudos(the producer) told about fight night.
Great News

Dont worry Ceejay

Kudos i dont think does anything for madden

He is EA chicago i think - FN, and NBA live

Madden i dont know, but its more of a Tiburon based thingy, which definately aint FN or NBA live

Now i need Tiger Woods news - i want course editor and downloadable courses so i can have 999999999999999999999999999 courses on my machine

Oh, and how good is the HDisk gonna be when PES comes out with 'save replay'!!!!!!

I will save every goal i ever score.............and well anything else!!!!!!! :bleh!:

Last years running game was as kak as ESPN's effort (minus the f***ed up animations) so I'll be interested in these new features.

But as long as I get a decent sim engine for Franchise mode i'll be happy.

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 11 2006, 05:56 PM
no i was actually being serious...

career mode? that all?

pfffft i thought it was sumfin to do with licenses or gameplay
I suppose if career mode aint your thing then that wouldnt bother you. For me, career mode is the be all and end all. I dont hav broadband, and playing with friends is awsome but I only get to that it several times a month. FN round 2 had a pretty good career mode, it just needed more work, and more deapth, thats what they said they would do. Instead it somehow came out with alot worse and with less deapth. The whole rival thing showed that they think their customers are F**king idiots. A weigh in with gloves on? it nearly made me vomit.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 12 2006, 09:59 AM
A weigh in with gloves on? it nearly made me vomit.
wow :eek:

thats gotta **** ya off..

how could they miss that!?!?!....why dont they get gamers to test their game instead of ppl who work for them.

God damn Madden2007 is going to be bliss :D

I cant wait

These mini camps look so good.................along with proper franchise/owner mode..............man the endless possibilities!!!!!! :cheers:

NCAA 07 is coming to the 360, but as usual, no PAL version, F**K IT. This is a game ive always wanted but never a damn PAL version.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 15 2006, 11:20 AM
NCAA 07 is coming to the 360, but as usual, no PAL version, F**K IT. This is a game ive always wanted but never a damn PAL version.
*cough, cough* there's ways around that you know...

It combines with madden, you can import your college football stars straight into the draught for madden. Heaps of teams and the race for the Heisman tropy. I think its a must hav for madden fans (unless u live in PAL territory like me.)

Is there a way around this on the 360?

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 15 2006, 02:05 PM
It combines with madden, you can import your college football stars straight into the draught for madden. Heaps of teams and the race for the Heisman tropy. I think its a must hav for madden fans (unless u live in PAL territory like me.)

Is there a way around this on the 360?
some games arent region coded i think

i guess thats ur best hope

After reading more at ign i realise (sadly) that the all new superstar mode, franchise additions like new draft system, and the college all star game, player roles etc, are all current gen only! The madden devs said that this year they are focusing on deapth for the 360. However, the only addition to franchise mode thay can name is mini camp being used to help injured players. Apart from the new running game thing, and the reinstation of play challenges and mini camp, Its going to be the same as madden 06 after all. ********.

When i posted the info on the previous page, i was wrong . In my excitement i ignored the words CURRENT GEN ONLY. sorry if i got anyones hopes up. Its gonna be another empty football year.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 30 2006, 05:09 PM
After reading more at ign i realise (sadly) that the all new superstar mode, franchise additions like new draft system, and the college all star game, player roles etc, are all current gen only! The madden devs said that this year they are focusing on deapth for the 360. However, the only addition to franchise mode thay can name is mini camp being used to help injured players. Apart from the new running game thing, and the reinstation of play challenges and mini camp, Its going to be the same as madden 06 after all. ********.

When i posted the info on the previous page, i was wrong . In my excitement i ignored the words CURRENT GEN ONLY. sorry if i got anyones hopes up. Its gonna be another empty football year.
Nah man i aint believing it

This years Madden has to have everything except Superstar mode (which i dont care about)

Surely it has the full blown franchise - i mean surely :ph34r:

Unless theyre holding it back for some reason. Hard to believe i know. but there is no mention of any added depth except for the stuff above (and create a player, forgot to mention). The madden 06 franchise was broken, and it ruined what would have otherwise been a sparse but acceptable next gen effort. There is no mention of this being fixed.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 30 2006, 05:33 PM
Unless theyre holding it back for some reason. Hard to believe i know. but there is no mention of any added depth except for the stuff above (and create a player, forgot to mention). The madden 06 franchise was broken, and it ruined what would have otherwise been a sparse but acceptable next gen effort. There is no mention of this being fixed.
isnt there 2 parts to the article

Current Gen Madden
Next Gen Madden

In the next gen part its said - this is what sets the next gen from the current gen

indirectly saying next gen has everything.....but this aswell (being the mini camp)

Other way round isn't it?

Next Gen has some advance Mini Camp where you run 40 yard dashes and the likes.

Current Gen has a decent Superstar mode this year, and upgraded Draft Stuff... I know what I rather have (Especially being an avid NCAA Player)

Originally posted by Ripper@May 30 2006, 06:51 PM
Other way round isn't it?

Next Gen has some advance Mini Camp where you run 40 yard dashes and the likes.

Current Gen has a decent Superstar mode this year, and upgraded Draft Stuff... I know what I rather have (Especially being an avid NCAA Player)
Well as long as Madden 2007 on X360 has the Franchise of Madden 2006 from PS2, and the NEW MINI CAMP - I will be happy

Superstar mode can get stuffed :wall:

This new draft stuff - if brand new, doesnt appeal to me coz in Madden2006 PS2, the drafting/scouting was good enough - although i still prefer the ESPN days

Although I know any improvement should be on the next gen, and if they arent doing it that is wrong.

All I really want is ESPN NFLPrimeTime - the Berman wrap-up, @ half-full time..........I need to be able to feel like I am participating in the NFL.........ESPN did that great - now they have the ESPN name - EA better come good

It dosent have the franchise mode of ps2 by the sounds of it. It has the franchise of 06 on 360 with added mini camp. 06 on 360 was broken, lets hope they at least fix that.

Id rather go back to the old version, but once youve seen the next gen grahics there is no turning back.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 30 2006, 10:52 PM
It dosent have the franchise mode of ps2 by the sounds of it.
So they are going to upgrade the scouting and have an all star draft prospect game for the Current Gen... but they are going to remove the franchise mode? :wacko:

another preview of madden.......from

http://xbox360.gamedaily.com/game/features...eid=5212&id=311

Hands-On
The next generation of Madden is back and looking better than ever on the Xbox 360.
May 30, 2006by Bryan Dawson

Electronic Arts is the largest third party software publisher in the world. Year after year, the company sells more games than any other third party in the industry. Every mainstream console launch over the past decade has seen a flurry of EA products, with many of the games becoming top sellers among the launch lineup. EA also kicked off the next generation by showcasing an artist's rendition of what the next Madden (at that point Madden NFL 06) would look like when it came to next generation consoles later that year. While it's arguable whether or not the Xbox 360 version of Madden 06 looked better or worse than that infamous NFL Draft commercial, one thing is certain, many found the ***le disappointing compared to the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions.

Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360 was rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the power of the next generation console. However, in doing so, the team at EA Tiburon was left with a choice. Do they release the best looking Madden game to date with fewer features, or do they include all of the features and skimp out on the graphics. The answer has been the same every generation, go with the graphics. And while EA took quite a bit of flak for the move, if you go back to the launch of the PS2, you'll find that Madden NFL 2000 also lacked features found in the PS1 version.

No matter what the reasoning was, fans were not pleased that features had been left out. Thankfully, with Madden NFL 07, Electronic Arts is starting the cycle all over again with new features that will be hitting every year. This year the current generation versions of Madden will be getting an upgrade to the running game and a few nice Hall of Fame options. Meanwhile, the next generation versions of the ***le (both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions) will be getting the most realistic version of Madden to date.

With the emphasis on the running game this year, many of the running backs in the next generation versions of Madden will have their own unique running style. You'll be able to tell who's got the ball not by the number or the name on the jersey, but by how they're running. In fact, when we saw the game running at roughly 65%, the difference was already quite noticeable.

Another new addition to Madden is the training camp full of mini-games. When you decide to create your own player, you'll no longer be given a series of bars and numbers to determine the strength of your attributes. Instead, you'll have to take your player through a series of mini-games, including: 40 yard dash, bench press, QB vs. defense, RB vs. defense, WR vs. DB, and OL vs. DL. You'll use the left and right analog sticks as you play through each of the mini-games.

"...if you're playing through franchise mode as the Cowboys and your next match-up is against the Cardinals, send an invite out to your friend in Phoenix and ask him to man up and take you down in your franchise game."
We tested out the bench press and 40 yard dash, and had to move the left and right analog sticks in conjunction with the player's legs or arms depending on the exercise. You'll also find the face of your player will appear in the corner of the screen. You'll need to watch it because the emotion expressed on the player's face will determine if you're pushing him too hard. Push too hard and you may end up injuring him. In addition, when a player is injured, you'll have to go through these same exercises during rehab.

Getting back to the gameplay, there are several new additions that Madden fans can look forward to. The defensive line will play a bigger role this time around. That means that all of the defensive minded Madden players will finally be rewarded for taking the time to enhance those defensive skills. The replay challenge is also back, complete with the new NFL rules. However, one of the biggest new features in Madden 07 is the ability to hop on Xbox Live and challenge a friend to play against you in a franchise mode game. That's right, if you're playing through franchise mode as the Cowboys and your next match-up is against the Cardinals, send an invite out to your friend in Phoenix and ask him to man up and take you down in your franchise game.

The last thing we discussed with the guys at EA Tiburon was the new Madden Gamer Level. This feature will rate players by awarding gold, silver and bronze based on various things the player does while playing through the game. We'll have more details on this feature in the coming weeks, but by earning these awards you'll be able to unlock rewards such as classic players and other little perks.

We would be lying if we told you that Madden NFL 06 didn't disappoint us. From the first video at the NFL Draft to the final product that launched with the Xbox 360, we just didn't get the game we expected from the folks at EA Tiburon. The standard was set so high, that it was tough to see features taken away. However, after spending some time with Madden NFL 07, things are looking up for the next generation of EA Sports ***les. We'll have more on Madden as we approach the August 22 release date.

Latest posts