EA Unveils the Next Generation of Games at E3

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by woosaah, May 9, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.eaplay.com/australia/news/e32006/

well if you read this good luck to ya :) i did and it was a good read knowing some of the new games coming out :D and i thought it warrented its own thread :p

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Madden 07! All thats new is innovative rushing? the ability to become lead blocker? WTF! Where is the use of the ESPN licence that they promised? where is nfl primetime, post game and halftime shows. hightlight reels etc etc etc???? Th xbox and ps2 versions dont really need too much improvement, but the 360 version is broken, and it needs a more in deapth franchise, challenge system, throwback uniforms and some serious debugging. How can they get away with this 2 years in a row?

Im going back to NFL2k5

4. ak47

ak47 Guest

nah dude i reckon they arent divulging everything

it will be madden 2006 from ps2/xbox

with new rushing.

it will have all the bells n whistles unlike 2006 360 version

but not sure about the ESPN stuff yet

althought i read a piece somehwere that the ESPN business will be shown off in a separate private tent - or whatever they show these things in

5. ak47

ak47 Guest

The Lab will also feature a demonstration of ESPN content integrated in upcoming EA SPORTS games, including ESPN ticker and ESPN SportsCenter Radio updates.

:eek:

surely they are using more than just this ticker/radio crap

6. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

That would be more acceptable but why would they keep it a secret? its not like they have any competition. I remember when 2k5 came out, i was so stoked, its the closest thing to the complete sports game. Ea ruined them, and i had hoped against hope that they would use it as a success model.

7. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Yeah! they already had an NFL ticker and the Tony Bruno radio show, u cant just change the name to espn and call it new!! That is not utilising the espn licence.

I want to see half time, full time and weekly in game higlights like in 2k5 on xbox. Hopefully they atleast have saveble replays.

8. ak47

ak47 Guest

i agree ceejay - this aint good

what is good is the news of ps3

back to ole ps2 controller design - with all the creames of USB and whatnot

the whole ps3 has been unleashed

and it looks like a bloody animal!!!!

i want it

but i cant - i promised myself, the xbox360 will tie me over for atleast a year until the need for ps3, Grand Turismo etc

Heck this new GTHD - yeay yeah get that - Gran Turismo HD

apparantly 12 times better quality than GT4..........man the news is just floodgating in at the moment

9. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

PS3> I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

10. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Glad to hear about the controllers!! what were they thinking!!? lets take the best controller design ever, and change it into a boomerang!!

Whos to say they wont do the whole tech demo sub par game releases all over again for the Ps3, the better it is(than the 360) the bigger the chance is of this happening.

Ill wait a while b4 i buy ps3, just to make sure It is all its meant to be.

11. Wally

Wally Guest

Have they changed the design for the PS3 controller?

12. yes, they have removed the rumble (scared of lawsuits) and shoehorned a nintendo party-spoiling tilt controller...and this is called innovation. lol

I had a MS Sidewinder freestyler EIGHT years ago that did the same thing. It was shite.

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Hmmm... Same shitty pad as the PS2 eh?

Well, I won't bother with the PS3 than.

14. loratadine

loratadine Guest

thats because your a muppet.

why dont you go and blow up some aliens you big geek.

15. Ripper

Ripper Guest

We don't all have abnormally large hands due to having a crackwhore for a mother like you Mite.

16. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Yet I can still fit both hands inside your mother...

...'s asshole.

17. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Well, theres a 4 page preview of madden 07 360 over at ign, and all the missing features are back (create a player, challenge, mini camp, superstar, and in deapth player management system (like 2k5) Apparently there is more to be revealed aswell. No primetime pre and post game shows. But it actually sounds like proper madden. the new improved superstar mode sounds cool. They also have 3d grass! (rugby 06 beat them to this one!) So you were right Ak, the running back stuff is all icing on the cake. The new special move stick for speed based running backs sounds good too. hopefully its not all lies like, like kudos(the producer) told about fight night.

18. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

did kudos lie?

when?

19. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

When he said that this year they focused on deapth in career mode.

Oh... are you being sarcastic?

20. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

no i was actually being serious...

career mode? that all?

pfffft i thought it was sumfin to do with licenses or gameplay

21. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Shitty PS2 controller? Funny... I personally found it to be the most comfortable controller ever to come out.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!