• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Unveils the Next Generation of Games at E3

Exactly jacko, you get to do mini camp training drills every week instead of every year. Why they havent changed this for franchise mode is beyond me. This mode sounds so in depth that thy might aswell hav left franchise out. If there is an option to turn player lock off in superstar mode, then that could serve as a franchise in itself. You can do it on defence, just dont know about offence.

just go to youtube.com

type in madden 2007 xbox360

there are many many videos going around

the game looks amazing - the best i have seen for next gen

it looks real FFS

i dont care what contents the game has now - these videos have sold me, and just cant wait to get into the game and get amongst the greatness

the crowd - the atmosphere - the animation of the players - all look like real TV

Yep looks good, thats for sure. I cant wait either. Only problem is that release is not confirmed in NZ(dont know about oz, but i would assume its the same) usually ea games release at the same time for pal and NTSC. Dosent look like it this year. Hopefully its only a delay of weeks. It is currently shduled for release on the 22nd in the us, and the 31st here, but retailers insist that this is just a temporary estimate, and expect it sometime in september!? Who knows? hopefully it will come out sooner.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 10 2006, 11:23 PM
Yep looks good, thats for sure. I cant wait either. Only problem is that release is not confirmed in NZ(dont know about oz, but i would assume its the same) usually ea games release at the same time for pal and NTSC. Dosent look like it this year. Hopefully its only a delay of weeks. It is currently shduled for release on the 22nd in the us, and the 31st here, but retailers insist that this is just a temporary estimate, and expect it sometime in september!? Who knows? hopefully it will come out sooner.
GPstore have a press release saying:

"EA have confirmed on time Madden for 31/8/06"

Obviously this is always subject to change however its the best indicator thus far

Dont mind the yanks getting it first - get some good feedback before i dish out the hard earned - even though i am already sold on this - any news is good news

Madden 2007 is out in the US now

Getting positive feedback - comparisons to NCAA etc etc

Does seem like to goods to me.

Lightyears ahead of 2006 - the X360version that is.

Its been reviewd now and thers no mention of any camera problems, so hopfully its ok. I am bothered by the fact that there is no super bowl celebration yet again..other than that it sounds good. Especially combined with my new HD lcd widescreen monitor.

Ok, so despite reasonable reviews heres a real game killer: The ai does not play hurry up offense in SS mode!!!! This means that unless you are the QB you will lose all close games. This kinda ruins it!

Also, as you unlock the HOF greats it automatically puts them on the free agent list in your franchise, um..no thanks, but you cant turn it off!!!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 23 2006, 10:12 AM
Ok, so despite reasonable reviews heres a real game killer: The ai does not play hurry up offense in SS mode!!!! This means that unless you are the QB you will lose all close games. This kinda ruins it!

Also, as you unlock the HOF greats it automatically puts them on the free agent list in your franchise, um..no thanks, but you cant turn it off!!!
Well this sucks

Not that care much for superstar mode but i wouldnt mind having a good crack at it sometime and not be a QB

I hope there are sliders so i can customise and issues i think it has

$OLD!!!!!!!.........THIS IS FROM DETROIT FREE PRESS

Unlike last season, this year's "Madden" for Xbox 360 is stacked with various game play modes, like online play, mini games, a franchise mode and the true gem -- Superstar mode.

In Superstar mode, it's all about you as the game plays from your perspective. When in this mode, you play only your player and the camera is focused on you. I played as a receiver (from my alma mater, the University of North Dakota), and I quickly found it does get a bit frustrating when your coach calls a handful of consecutive running plays and all you have to do is block.

But when you're lucky enough to get a ball thrown your way, you need to take advantage of it. From the grueling training camp drills to the regular season action, this mode is fantastically engrossing and breathes fresh air into the game, providing a radically different point of view.

Beyond this cool addition, "Madden NFL 07" seems like it's off and running to another great season. Sure, there's really no competition, but the brisk, refined on-the-field play and assortment of playing modes overpower the somewhat choppy online play, the pesky kicking meter and the handful of other nits.

So, as if you didn't already know, it is the best football game on the market.[/I]

:cheers: :bana: :bravo: :D

heres a link to the ign review. The official reveiws dont mention theses problems, so continue on to the ign boards to hear what consumers are saying. If you go by th review it all seems sweet, but thats clearly not the case. Sadly SS mode was the only blessing as the 360 franchise is more than likley still broken like last years.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/726/726977p1.html

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 23 2006, 10:46 AM
heres a link to the ign review. The official reveiws dont mention theses problems, so continue on to the ign boards to hear what consumers are saying. If you go by th review it all seems sweet, but thats clearly not the case. Sadly SS mode was the only blessing as the 360 franchise is more than likley still broken like last years.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/726/726977p1.html
I'm already sold mate

I have heard enuff "The best football game on the market" from many independent reviews

SS mode seams to be getting raps everywhere

Franchise will still be good - just without owner mode

but its the gameplay that shines according to these reviews - and that counts

Yeah im defintely getting it aswell, but if SS is bogus and franchise isnt fixed, then that just leaves play now, and no matter how good gameplay is that wont last long. But I can never go back to currnt gen after seeing HD graphics. Theres rumours about the 2k series bringing out another football game just unliscenced, but promising all that great 2k atmosphere and presentaion. Also blitz: the league is now coming to 360 aswell, so we will hav options eventually if madden turns out a dissapointment.

Superstar mode sounds sweet - every review gives it huge wraps

When u dont play the game speed is doubled

sounds as though the running game is where it at this year with lead blocker controls

Thus ak47 - RB #22 for the Vikings :bleh!:

Just this minute got Madden 07. Am not an experienced american football gamer but will give my views later :)

Latest posts