• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anglo Cup Returns

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 29 2005, 08:42 PM
i know could be good
lomu will own london irish
Lima will own Henson if he plays.

In fact, Cox, Higgit, Denney and Pritchard will own Henson!

Originally posted by harrison2468+Nov 29 2005, 09:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Nov 29 2005, 08:42 PM
i know could be good

In fact, Cox, Higgit, Denney and Pritchard will own Henson! [/b]
Why tell lies?

Have you ever actually seen anyone own Henson? Let alone whatever bunch of second-rate three-quarters your precious Bristol can throw at him?

ha ha ha nice one, henson is world class, he may be overhyped somewhat due to his celeb lifestyle but hes is a top quality player.

Originally posted by el_tk+Nov 30 2005, 09:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Nov 30 2005, 09:15 AM)</div>
Originally posted by harrison2468@Nov 29 2005, 09:47 PM
i know could be good

Why tell lies?

Have you ever actually seen anyone own Henson? Let alone whatever bunch of second-rate three-quarters your precious Bristol can throw at him? [/b]
I love u el tk i honestly do!

oh yeh good point about that henson thing i have actually never seen henson be owned!!

Oh and by the way his book is supprisingly awesome and the media made a mountain over a mole hill with that dispute with the foreign welsh players it was nothing.

Originally posted by el_tk+Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM)</div>
i know could be good

Why tell lies?

Have you ever actually seen anyone own Henson? Let alone whatever bunch of second-rate three-quarters your precious Bristol can throw at him? [/b]
Carter owned him in the second test, just for one moment, where Henson tried to smack him, got bounced off a treat, and the ABs first try.

On second rate three quarters, don;t tell lies, What the hell do you know. It is basic fact that GP>>>Celtic League, and we are doing well in the GP, so a poor three quarters I seriously doubt.

As for precious, one of your best players was brought up here, from Argentina, so you should be grateful. He'll soon come back to play at a competitive level, when he has finished studying.

And as for Lima as second-rate,
<
<
<
. Nice one with the welsh support though!

Henson and carter played in dofferent positions so how could carter have owned him

thats like saying Duncan jones Owned drew mitchell

Originally posted by Flamingo@Nov 29 2005, 09:35 PM
Henson and carter played in dofferent positions so how could carter have owned him

thats like saying Duncan jones Owned drew mitchell
Henson started his career in fly-half...

Don't have to be in direct competition, Carter owned him at that tackle. Henson tried to do one of his illegal shoulder tackles, and it back fired, Lions conceded a crucial try.

10 and 12 are very much interchangeable in the pro game anyway.

He is a good player but, his lifestyle and his skills have blinded him into making him think he is something he isn't.

henson will be a better player this season im sure of it, he has so much potential and is by no means the finnished article.

Turns out that the Bath V Gloucester game, a West country derby that sees the winner advance to the Semi Finals, is being shown exclusively live on the Welsh speaking S4C[ode], so English fans can only watch it if, a)they have Sky, or
<
live near enough Wales.

What's the point? I'm lucky in that I can pick it up, but if the facilities are going to be in place to broadcast live, why only have it broadcast to a minority audience who probably won't really care? The BBC has full rights to the Cup, and has BBC3 and BBC4 doing nothing at 5:30 on Saturday. Instead we'll have to put up with 'yacky-dar, yacky-dar, Duncan Bell. LLLLLLLLLLLL...Isaac Feaunati...'

Originally posted by harrison2468+Nov 29 2005, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Nov 29 2005, 10:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by el_tk@Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM
i know could be good

Why tell lies?

Have you ever actually seen anyone own Henson? Let alone whatever bunch of second-rate three-quarters your precious Bristol can throw at him?
Carter owned him in the second test, just for one moment, where Henson tried to smack him, got bounced off a treat, and the ABs first try.

On second rate three quarters, don;t tell lies, What the hell do you know. It is basic fact that GP>>>Celtic League, and we are doing well in the GP, so a poor three quarters I seriously doubt.

As for precious, one of your best players was brought up here, from Argentina, so you should be grateful. He'll soon come back to play at a competitive level, when he has finished studying.

<
<
<
. Nice one with the welsh support though! [/b]
If you want to make a direct threequarter comparison between Leinster and Bristol I'd fancy any two from BOD, D'Arce and Shaggy to take all four of your threequarters and Lima without much hassle. This 'best player' you go on about couldn't get into the team for his first two years and is only there now because Holwell has gone back to NZ. You can't judge Irish teams on the Celtic League because they literally never have a full strength team out. We could compare Heineken cup but...wait..oh yeah... Bristol aren't even in that.

If you say someone is owned by someone else when they miss a tackle then pretty much every rugby player ever is owned.

You're a jealous idiot because Bristol (and indeed England) don't have who can do what Henson does for The Ospereys and Wales (or BOD for Leinster and Ireland).

Originally posted by el_tk+Nov 30 2005, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Nov 30 2005, 02:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by harrison2468@Nov 29 2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by el_tk@Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM
i know could be good

Why tell lies?

<
<
<
. Nice one with the welsh support though!
If you want to make a direct threequarter comparison between Leinster and Bristol I'd fancy any two from BOD, D'Arce and Shaggy to take all four of your threequarters and Lima without much hassle. This 'best player' you go on about couldn't get into the team for his first two years and is only there now because Holwell has gone back to NZ. You can't judge Irish teams on the Celtic League because they literally never have a full strength team out. We could compare Heineken cup but...wait..oh yeah... Bristol aren't even in that.

If you say someone is owned by someone else when they miss a tackle then pretty much every rugby player ever is owned.

You're a jealous idiot because Bristol (and indeed England) don't have who can do what Henson does for The Ospereys and Wales (or BOD for Leinster and Ireland). [/b]
I'm jealous of Henson and BOD? I'd rather not have a such a unprofessional player playing for the teams I support, one who slags off fellow team mates in his novels! As for BOD, yeah he is quality, he'll be good for Biaritz next season.
<

As for your assumptions about your three-quarters, you are the ignorant idiot there mate. I know something about both sets of players, while you don't, so you can't really comment. Yes, they are better, but then our front row would destroy yours, and I am very certain on that. It works in circles really.

England have Abbott, who is just as good a distributor of the ball as Henson. They have Noon who is miles better a tackler. And they have Smith, who is miles better all round. Face it, you just either fancy him, or are too absorbed by the media hype. Shanklin is twice the player he is.

Bristol aren't in the HC...man, that's weak. You expect a team coming up from ND1 to just be put in the HEC?

Originally posted by Flamingo@Nov 30 2005, 05:58 PM
Actually Henson started his career on the wing
<
<
I read that the other day actually.

Good on him, defying the unwritten rule about wingers needing pace.

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 30 2005, 06:36 PM
nice one - henson is a good player, hes by no means the finnished article.
Nice one, I would hope he wasn't for his, Osprey's and Wales's sake.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Nov 30 2005, 06:46 PM
I'm jealous of Henson and BOD? I'd rather not have a such a unprofessional player playing for the teams I support, one who slags off fellow team mates in his novels! As for BOD, yeah he is quality, he'll be good for Biaritz next season.
<

As for your assumptions about your three-quarters, you are the ignorant idiot there mate. I know something about both sets of players, while you don't, so you can't really comment. Yes, they are better, but then our front row would destroy yours, and I am very certain on that. It works in circles really.

England have Abbott, who is just as good a distributor of the ball as Henson. They have Noon who is miles better a tackler. And they have Smith, who is miles better all round. Face it, you just either fancy him, or are too absorbed by the media hype. Shanklin is twice the player he is.

Bristol aren't in the HC...man, that's weak. You expect a team coming up from ND1 to just be put in the HEC?
As Flamingo said, that whole book thing was blown out of proportion by the media, like BOD's diary.

Moi, Ignorant Idiot? I should strike you down with my pimp hand for you foolishness.

I am aware of the existence of Denney although the fact that none of the threequarters you mention have played internationally recently suggests a lot to me concerning their calibre as players.

Abbott is South African and really shouldn't be playing for England, as like Mike Catt, he couldn't cope physically in South Africa.

Noon is awful, I can't believe he ever played for England.

Smith is decent but nowhere near BOD or Henson.

If all these players are so much better than Henson why can't they get into the England team? (which I might remind you a Henson-featuring Wales defeated).

Leinster don't need a front row because they can win a match with 10% to 15% of the posession.

Perhaps you didn't understand the subtlety of my HEC cup point. How was a side with such supposedly brilliant threequarters get relegated?

Originally posted by el_tk+Nov 30 2005, 09:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Nov 30 2005, 09:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Nov 30 2005, 06:46 PM
I'm jealous of Henson and BOD?  I'd rather not have a such a unprofessional player playing for the teams I support, one who slags off fellow team mates in his novels!  As for BOD, yeah he is quality, he'll be good for Biaritz next season.
<

As for your assumptions about your three-quarters, you are the ignorant idiot there mate.  I know something about both sets of players, while you don't, so you can't really comment.  Yes, they are better, but then our front row would destroy yours, and I am very certain on that.  It works in circles really. 

England have Abbott, who is just as good a distributor of the ball as Henson.  They have Noon who is miles better a tackler.  And they have Smith, who is miles better all round.  Face it, you just either fancy him, or are too absorbed by the media hype.  Shanklin is twice the player he is. 

Bristol aren't in the HC...man, that's weak.  You expect a team coming up from ND1 to just be put in the HEC?
As Flamingo said, that whole book thing was blown out of proportion by the media, like BOD's diary.

Moi, Ignorant Idiot? I should strike you down with my pimp hand for you foolishness.

I am aware of the existence of Denney although the fact that none of the threequarters you mention have played internationally recently suggests a lot to me concerning their calibre as players.

Abbott is South African and really shouldn't be playing for England, as like Mike Catt, he couldn't cope physically in South Africa.

Noon is awful, I can't believe he ever played for England.

Smith is decent but nowhere near BOD or Henson.

If all these players are so much better than Henson why can't they get into the England team? (which I might remind you a Henson-featuring Wales defeated).

Leinster don't need a front row because they can win a match with 10% to 15% of the posession.

Perhaps you didn't understand the subtlety of my HEC cup point. How was a side with such supposedly brilliant threequarters get relegated? [/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Perhaps you didn't understand the subtlety of my HEC cup point. How was a side with such supposedly brilliant threequarters get relegated?[/b]

<
There is the ignorance - none of them played when we were relegated. Sheridan, Contepomi, Pichot, Lipman, Best... were playing for us when we got relegated.

As for Abbott, everyone poaches - http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4083.

Noon is actually a great centre, he just isn't getting the service from an inside side. Tindall isn't a great passer. On the Churchill cup a few years ago, he was one of the best performers, and had a great game versus the NZ Maori in that tournament.

Smith is better than Henson. Simple as.

All 3 aren't 'much better' than Henson, just better, and it is simple really; Wales have Ruddock, England have Robinson. Swap them around, and the 6N would had looked very different last year. It is not my fault that AR picks Tindall over Smith.

You are a fool if you think that international caps equals a good player, which is obviously the case as you beliive Henson is. He was the worst nack for Wales last year, just made to look better by media hype.

Latest posts