• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anglo Cup Returns

Shame really, I'd love to see Lima give him a lesson in how to tackle someone that's not running straight at him.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Dec 3 2005, 12:18 PM
Shame really, I'd love to see Lima give him a lesson in how to tackle someone that's not running straight at him.
We are playing our 2nds, therefore no Lima.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
prob not hes prob to scared of what bristol got to offer.[/b]

Nice one. Um, not.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 3 2005, 12:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Twice now you've said Smith is better than Henson, without bothering to tell us why.

Um, look back a page.

Once again I say the whole 'slagging off teamates' thing was blown out of proportion, it hasn't affected Wales or the Ospereys.[/b]

Do you have a crystal ball? Don't make assumptions, he hasn't represented either since writting the book. He will make Wales fall apart.

I say you're jealous because Bristol's centres lack star quality. The petty nature of your insults about him only confirms my perception.[/b]

Um, Lima is not a star right? Pfft, a legend in Samoa and the game, four WCs FFS. Cox is playing amazing at the moment for us at the moment, and I'm perfectly happy with where we are in the table, well above the expections.

Petty insults? Your the one who keeps involving Bristol in this conversation. I originally said he would get owned where he plays, mainly because it is the first time. 9 out of 10 will want to smack Henson for his actions. He isn't playing now so it deosn't matter now really does it? Petty is involving my team every post. [/b][/quote]
So you tell me not to make predictions and then predict that Wales 'will fall apart', bit of pot calling the aslyum seeker black there.

Lima doesn't have as much going for him, as many people as Henson willing to make him a star, Lima's more a legend of the game whereas Henson is a modern star, blame for that who you will.

Involving your team isn't petty because it began with you saying various bristol players (who I have deduced are not as good as Henson) will own him. I dopn't really know your threequarters, maybe 9 out of 10 Hensons will want to smack them.

So I guess we won't find out if Henson will get owned by your Tesco Value threequarters until tomorrow, if he even plays. I wish I could say I'm waiting with baited breath.

Originally posted by el_tk+Dec 3 2005, 01:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Dec 3 2005, 01:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Dec 3 2005, 12:52 PM
Twice now you've said Smith is better than Henson, without bothering to tell us why.

Um, look back a page.

Once again I say the whole 'slagging off teamates' thing was blown out of proportion, it hasn't affected Wales or the Ospereys.[/b]

Do you have a crystal ball? Don't make assumptions, he hasn't represented either since writting the book. He will make Wales fall apart.

I say you're jealous because Bristol's centres lack star quality. The petty nature of your insults about him only confirms my perception.[/b]

Um, Lima is not a star right? Pfft, a legend in Samoa and the game, four WCs FFS. Cox is playing amazing at the moment for us at the moment, and I'm perfectly happy with where we are in the table, well above the expections.

Petty insults? Your the one who keeps involving Bristol in this conversation. I originally said he would get owned where he plays, mainly because it is the first time. 9 out of 10 will want to smack Henson for his actions. He isn't playing now so it deosn't matter now really does it? Petty is involving my team every post. [/b]
So you tell me not to make predictions and then predict that Wales 'will fall apart', bit of pot calling the aslyum seeker black there.

Lima doesn't have as much going for him, as many people as Henson willing to make him a star, Lima's more a legend of the game whereas Henson is a modern star, blame for that who you will.

Involving your team isn't petty because it began with you saying various bristol players (who I have deduced are not as good as Henson) will own him. I dopn't really know your threequarters, maybe 9 out of 10 Hensons will want to smack them.

So I guess we won't find out if Henson will get owned by your Tesco Value threequarters until tomorrow, if he even plays. I wish I could say I'm waiting with baited breath. [/b][/quote]
My prediction will be correct, you made a statement that is false, since he hasn't played yet. Are you telling me that what he said about Charvis won't disrupt morale in the Wales team?

Lima is still a class act. When was the last time you saw him play?

who I have deduced are not as good as Henson[/b]

Yep, through ignorance and saying so. Well done.

Tesco Value threequarters[/b]

Petty insults!
<
Like I said, I'm happy with the way my team is going. We are making unfair comparisions here, since you have provinces in Ireland, we have clubs across the pond mate. Wouldn't it be better to compare with Blackrock College or Young Munster?
Nothing wrong with Tescos either.

If Chris White is the best ref in England, I'd hate to see the worst.

Apparently your allowed to kill the ball, handle it on the floor, hold on when isolated, not throw the ball into lineouts straight, stand still in a maul for 30 seconds.

Apparently this is all ok, as long as your playing for Leicester.

He also missed all the off the ball stuff for both sides. Clearly having yor eyes open at all times isn't in the job description.

Usually I'm at the match shouting at the ref, when obviously I only get one look at any incident from some distance.

Today I was actually screaming at my television as White somehow managed to miss the Leicester player reaching into the middle of the ruck and picking the ball up.

Tigers scored some good tries, take nothing away from them there, but they certainly duped Mr White today.

Bring back Spreadbury. He's an idiot, but at least he's consistent.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Dec 3 2005, 04:36 PM
If Chris White is the best ref in England, I'd hate to see the worst.

Apparently your allowed to kill the ball, handle it on the floor, hold on when isolated, not throw the ball into lineouts straight, stand still in a maul for 30 seconds.

Apparently this is all ok, as long as your playing for Leicester.

He also missed all the off the ball stuff for both sides. Clearly having yor eyes open at all times isn't in the job description.

Usually I'm at the match shouting at the ref, when obviously I only get one look at any incident from some distance.

Today I was actually screaming at my television as White somehow managed to miss the Leicester player reaching into the middle of the ruck and picking the ball up.

Tigers scored some good tries, take nothing away from them there, but they certainly duped Mr White today.

Bring back Spreadbury. He's an idiot, but at least he's consistent.
Nah, don't agree. Tigers were the better team by a country mile today in the second half, if a little bit boring at times.

White missed things for both sides, don't think he favoured Leicester at all. Both teams were handling, and neither were really being penalised. Holding on was frequently penalised as well.

Spencer is not a Winter boy is he. Amazing at times, dreadful in others.

Spencer had a very, very average game, which was pretty much summed up when he tried to kick the ball dead to end the first half and missed. Lamont looked good though. He's really coming into his own. Just a shame that the only real time he got the ball was when Leicester kicked it to him.

I just wonder how, when Bath pick and drive for 15/20 phases, it's called unimaginative and boring, but when Leicester do it it's 'great play.'

Didn't really think White did that much wrong, apart from his choice of shirt (how did they not think that gold with black would clash with gold with black and green?). It was a very ****ly game, especially in the scrum, but that was mainly because Budgen just refused to bind unless White was stood right next to him.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 3 2005, 05:49 PM
White missed things for both sides, don't think he favoured Leicester at all. Both teams were handling, and neither were really being penalised. Holding on was frequently penalised as well.
I'm not going to deny he missed things on both sides, Davies should have had a penalty against him for the check on Murphy for a start.

You say handling on the ground and holding on were both picked up. True. He picked it up every time Northampton did it, and once when no one touched it and it came out perfectly cleanly.

Lecester got pinged twice for handling, and once for holding on. In the entire game! There is no way you can tell me they weren't doing it the entire game.

Two of the tries were gifts, and we have no one but ourselves to blame.

However, White was so inconsistent it hurt.

Luckily I recorded the game, and intend to watch it again once I've calmed down. I might even resort to making notes on exactly how many things he did wrong, and report back.

The standard of refereeing in the GP is appalling, and I don't mean anything about it being against my team. For a professional sport, it's generally awful.

Bath through to the semis after beating Glaws 21-12 thanks to neatly taken tries from Barkley and Joe Maddock. Second half fizzled out a bit after Barkley went off. When he was on, the backline were taking the ball flat and at pace, but then Malone reverted to type.

Draw for the semis is on Monday morning, with Wasps favourites to join the Scarlets, Tiggers and Bath. Could be an interesting day at the Millenium Stadium on 3rd March (as long as the pitch holds out).

Lecester got pinged twice for handling, and once for holding on. In the entire game! There is no way you can tell me they weren't doing it the entire game.[/b]

Oh God no! Both teams would have been cheating, it is just who does it better.

Luckily I recorded the game, and intend to watch it again once I've calmed down. I might even resort to making notes on exactly how many things he did wrong, and report back.[/b]

That would be good actually, I was just watching it casually. Watching a game through twice also gives you a much better view I find of how things pan out.

The standard of refereeing in the GP is appalling, and I don't mean anything about it being against my team. For a professional sport, it's generally awful.[/b]

Definitely. It seems a ref has a good game every 1 of 6 or 7 games. What can be done is what I want to know.

Bath through to the semis after beating Glaws 21-12 thanks to neatly taken tries from Barkley and Joe Maddock. Second half fizzled out a bit after Barkley went off. When he was on, the backline were taking the ball flat and at pace, but then Malone reverted to type.[/b]

Gloucester's Bath hoodoo continues then...

Some good phases from bith sides, must say that White did favour Leicester...not as badly as Stuart Barnse mind you, but enough.

We played well at times, Sharky strung some good phases together, and created some nice chances..shame it had to be Leicester taking the points.

At least it gives us more concentration on the ECC and the GP.

Once again I say the whole 'slagging off teamates' thing was blown out of proportion, it hasn't affected Wales or the Ospereys.

I say you're jealous because Bristol's centres lack star quality. The petty nature of your insults about him only confirms my perception.

Petty insults? Your the one who keeps involving Bristol in this conversation. I originally said he would get owned where he plays, mainly because it is the first time. 9 out of 10 will want to smack Henson for his actions. He isn't playing now so it deosn't matter now really does it? Petty is involving my team every post.

So I guess we won't find out if Henson will get owned by your Tesco Value threequarters until tomorrow, if he even plays. I wish I could say I'm waiting with baited breath. [/QUOTE]
My prediction will be correct, you made a statement that is false, since he hasn't played yet. Are you telling me that what he said about Charvis won't disrupt morale in the Wales team?

Lima is still a class act. When was the last time you saw him play?

who I have deduced are not as good as Henson

Yep, through ignorance and saying so. Well done.

Tesco Value threequarters

Petty insults!
<
Like I said, I'm happy with the way my team is going. We are making unfair comparisions here, since you have provinces in Ireland, we have clubs across the pond mate. Wouldn't it be better to compare with Blackrock College or Young Munster?
Nothing wrong with Tescos either. [/quote]
Wales have played, they had this thing called the autumn internationals?

You saying he will make Wales fall apart is a much worse assumption than mine, they must really have been harsh words for a grand-slam winning team to be destroyed by them.

Lima? Never seen him play live? So what, I never said he was bad, just not the same kind of star as Henson, once again you can't make an exact comparison because they're different kinds of players.

Their is a difference between our clubs, provinces, and your clubs. Our clubs are semi-pro or amateur, there's a tiered system between clubs, provinces, and the national side.

Nothing wrong with Tescos. I said Tesco Value products, which are inferior goods i.e. ones which are purchased less as real income rises, other things remaining the same. I am comparing your centres to inferior goods, in rugby terms

This is in contrast to BOD, D'Arce, Henson, Umaga, even Smith, these players would be; firstly: normal goods i.e. more is purchased as real income rises and secondly: Luxury goods.

It's fair to say that if Bristol had the fianance and other factors available they would have attempted to sign BOD, Smith or any of the others ahead of Cox and the like.

You saying he will make Wales fall apart is a much worse assumption than mine, they must really have been harsh words for a grand-slam winning team to be destroyed by them[/b]

Yeah, they had this guy called Henson at 12 during the 4 week-ends didn't they.
Just imagine when Henson trains with them again, and they have a run through match. Henson has slagged off Charvis, and he runs into him. You think Charvis will back down. He will tackle him as hard as he can. Henson won't like this. Friction. Team breaks down.

Lima? Never seen him play live? So what, I never said he was bad, just not the same kind of star as Henson, once again you can't make an exact comparison because they're different kinds of players.[/b]

You said he was past it. I meant when was the last time you watched him in any form. He has been solid so far this season. Also, I wasn't making comparisions but just said he hardly was crap or not a star as you suggested. He is a rugby start, where as Henson is a commercial star.

Nothing wrong with Tescos. I said Tesco Value products, which are inferior goods i.e. ones which are purchased less as real income rises, other things remaining the same. I am comparing your centres to inferior goods, in rugby terms

This is in contrast to BOD, D'Arce, Henson, Umaga, even Smith, these players would be; firstly: normal goods i.e. more is purchased as real income rises and secondly: Luxury goods.

It's fair to say that if Bristol had the fianance and other factors available they would have attempted to sign BOD, Smith or any of the others ahead of Cox and the like[/b]

You talk sense here, and are subtly praising Bristol. Bristol have done very well within their finance structure of not going crazy on spending on one player with high wages - your BODs and Hensons. Lima is our centre, and as I say again, a legend. Denney is a centre, and he has one more Heinenken Cup than BOD and Henson. Cox has been a stand-out player for us, and I would back him to play for Scotland if he keeps up his form. You can have your opinions about our centres, I will take Premiership survival thank you.
<

Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 3 2005, 10:52 PM

You saying he will make Wales fall apart is a much worse assumption than mine, they must really have been harsh words for a grand-slam winning team to be destroyed by them

Yeah, they had this guy called Henson at 12 during the 4 week-ends didn't they.
Just imagine when Henson trains with them again, and they have a run through match. Henson has slagged off Charvis, and he runs into him. You think Charvis will back down. He will tackle him as hard as he can. Henson won't like this. Friction. Team breaks down.

Lima? Never seen him play live? So what, I never said he was bad, just not the same kind of star as Henson, once again you can't make an exact comparison because they're different kinds of players.[/b]

You said he was past it. I meant when was the last time you watched him in any form. He has been solid so far this season. Also, I wasn't making comparisions but just said he hardly was crap or not a star as you suggested. He is a rugby start, where as Henson is a commercial star.

It's fair to say that if Bristol had the fianance and other factors available they would have attempted to sign BOD, Smith or any of the others ahead of Cox and the like[/b]

You talk sense here, and are subtly praising Bristol. Bristol have done very well within their finance structure of not going crazy on spending on one player with high wages - your BODs and Hensons. Lima is our centre, and as I say again, a legend. Denney is a centre, and he has one more Heinenken Cup than BOD and Henson. Cox has been a stand-out player for us, and I would back him to play for Scotland if he keeps up his form. You can have your opinions about our centres, I will take Premiership survival thank you.
<
[/b][/quote]
Here's the thing, you don't know Henson or Charvis, they could be best friends, worst enemies, members of the KKK, closet Bristol supporters etc.

You don't know them therefore you don't know how they will react to any given situation, therefore your prediction is invalid.

I never said Lima was past it.

I was merely saying he was a different kind of star, a legend of the game if you will.

I am not subtly praising Bristol, I am pointing out that, due to a set of circumstances, Bristol lack world class centres, and by extension, if a club came into huge amounts of money and were looking to sign centres they would, being rational consumers (of sorts) look to to BODs, Hensons, Smiths of this world before the Coxs and whatnot.

Saying so and so has a Heineken Cup is irrelevant as they may have done nothing to get it or deserve it- I point to Liverpool, notably Harry Kewell and Djimi Traore.

Wow, you think one of your centres could play for Scotland, he must be savage if he's not in the team now!

Here's the thing, you don't know Henson or Charvis, they could be best friends, worst enemies, members of the KKK, closet Bristol supporters etc.

You don't know them therefore you don't know how they will react to any given situation, therefore your prediction is invalid.[/b]

I highly doubt someone would slag off their best friend, in a book for the public.

I am not subtly praising Bristol, I am pointing out that, due to a set of circumstances, Bristol lack world class centres, and by extension, if a club came into huge amounts of money and were looking to sign centres they would, being rational consumers (of sorts) look to to BODs, Hensons, Smiths of this world before the Coxs and whatnot.[/b]

How many world-class centres in the world from the NH? BOD, Jauzion... There aren't that many tbh, so not having a world-class centre hardly becomes that much of a disappointment. Not all clubs think like that, some look for players who suit their gameplan, recruitment policy etc.

Saying so and so has a Heineken Cup is irrelevant as they may have done nothing to get it or deserve it- I point to Liverpool, notably Harry Kewell and Djimi Traore.

Wow, you think one of your centres could play for Scotland, he must be savage if he's not in the team now![/b]

A HC medal at least promotes someone from Value goods to a higher brand surely! He played in games, so he derserved it.

As for insulting Scotland, Scotland>Ireland in Autumm and likely to be this 6N. It doesn't make you a bad player not getting picked for your national side, an assumption you have made earlier that only international players have quality.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 4 2005, 11:11 AM

You don't know them therefore you don't know how they will react to any given situation, therefore your prediction is invalid.

I highly doubt someone would slag off their best friend, in a book for the public.

I am not subtly praising Bristol, I am pointing out that, due to a set of circumstances, Bristol lack world class centres, and by extension, if a club came into huge amounts of money and were looking to sign centres they would, being rational consumers (of sorts) look to to BODs, Hensons, Smiths of this world before the Coxs and whatnot.[/b]

How many world-class centres in the world from the NH? BOD, Jauzion... There aren't that many tbh, so not having a world-class centre hardly becomes that much of a disappointment. Not all clubs think like that, some look for players who suit their gameplan, recruitment policy etc.

Wow, you think one of your centres could play for Scotland, he must be savage if he's not in the team now![/b]

A HC medal at least promotes someone from Value goods to a higher brand surely! He played in games, so he derserved it.

As for insulting Scotland, Scotland>Ireland in Autumm and likely to be this 6N. It doesn't make you a bad player not getting picked for your national side, an assumption you have made earlier that only international players have quality. [/b][/quote]
1) You never know, as I said you don't know these people and how they react to given situatuations.

2) There is middle ground between being best friends and deadly enemies.

World class centres from NH? BOD, Jauzion, Henson, Traille, D'Arcy

You're missing my point here, I'm saying that if money etc. was no object to a club they would look to sign one of the above centres before Cox et al.

Inferior goods cannot be 'promoted' to normal goods, it makes no sense.

You claim that there aren't that many NH world class centres, I can't think of any Scottish ones certainly. I'm just saying if this Cox guy was half-decent as you suggest he is he would have at least been involved in an extended Scotland squad at some stage.

Henson and D'Arcy certainly haven't done enough to be called world-class yet.

Scotland don't select many foreign players, only their really good ones. Cox was playing ND1 last year, so very unlikely to get a look in then. Now though he is doing well in the Premiership, so maybe, with word of mouth, he might get a look in with Scotland. He has international caps at u-21 with England as well I think.

I'm not saying he is world-class, or anything like that, but he is performing well. I can say that, you can't really as you never have seen him play.

I didn't say that Charvis and Henson were deadly enimies, but it is quite obvious they don't share a room in the Wales camp. I wouldn't think that if Henson was getting decked on the floor in a match, like O'Gara, that Charvis would step in with any real intent, like Moody.

As I said before, you can't really make assumptions about Bristol's centres being inferior, just because you haven't heard of them. There are plaenty of solid performers who could cut it at a higher level that you never would of heard of over there, and vice versa, but it doesn't make them crap.

well a 2nd string ospreys side owned a second string bristol team

a very good game by all accounts

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 4 2005, 06:46 PM
well a 2nd string ospreys side owned a second string bristol team

a very good game by all accounts
Agreed, very good game. Well done Ospreys. Quite close until the end, where you guys took it.

No Henson though.

Latest posts