• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

any news of rugby 07

Am hoping we are just a little bit too far out for there to have been any news on it.

Their won't be 2 Rugby Games next year like Fifa, they will probably release it around World Cup time as others have said, didn't they lose the actual RWC rights right before the 2003 RWC? [/b]

Far as I'm aware they still have them (isn't the trophy in '06 Billy?), they simply didn't see enough interest and released Rugby 2%#$ instead.

pretty sure ea have the exclusive rights to almost everything in rugby. I guess it proabbly is still too early for new and more stuff will proabbly come out next year

Yeah, but if EA had the rights to the WC, teams like Georgia and Namibia would be licensed - at least in the world cup mode, if not in the entire game. Think about it.

Also, the trophy used for the World Cup in the game is not that. It is just some shitty, computer design that is recognisable, but there are many features missing.

Now to prove my point:

187287531_38b5770e4a_m.jpg

I don't have an image of the Rugby 06 World Cup trophy, but if someone could post it up, you'd see the difference.

One final, crucial sign that there is no licence for the RWC, look at the logo they use in the game. Surely, if WC was licenced it would have the official, real-life logo. No?

They don't have the liscence to the World Cup. That's why they call it the World Championship or something different.

ah yes good point. not that it really matters when they have the license to almost all of the teams etc. the wc is proabbly only one of a few that they don't have

Yeah, and all this is from memory (which mine isn't very good) but I swear I remember all the shops having to remove the RWC Logo from all the advertisements and display cases.

Yeah, I think that was just before the release of 2004. Cos, in the intro movie at the beginning I swear the french guy is wearing a jersey with a RWC logo.

much chance of national cups being in 07? i believe that in fifa they have a lot of toraments. and im not sure what people have been saying but why is there an un-realstic and stupid 'world league'? just replace it with franchice mode its simple.

much chance of national cups being in 07? i believe that in fifa they have a lot of toraments. and im not sure what people have been saying but why is there an un-realstic and stupid 'world league'? just replace it with franchice mode its simple.
[/b]

gotta say i agree 100%

reading this thread is so depressing. no rugby on 360!
surely they'll make one, didn't it like sell like mega copies?

I only want very little from the next version of EA SPORTS Rugby:
* A 360 version, with graphical enhancements
* Online mode, with leaderboards/rankings
* Updated Roster
* Bug fixes

... everything thing else is imporant like new features, etc .... but for me I rather have some form of Rugby on 360, than no Rugby at all.

an online mode is sorely missed... the 360 would be a perfect console to implement it... they need to borrow the online templates from other EA Canada games such as Nba Live, Fifa, etc...

i just hope there'll be NPC or currie cup

and anybody who thinks family guy is better than the simpsons is insane and a complete idiot.the simpsons will always destroy family guy

and anybody who thinks family guy is better than the simpsons is insane and a complete idiot.the simpsons will always destroy family guy
[/b]
I don't like you...from now on I'm going to call you Susan...okay, Susan?

I only want very little from the next version of EA SPORTS Rugby:
* A 360 version, with graphical enhancements
* Online mode, with leaderboards/rankings
* Updated Roster
* Bug fixes

... everything thing else is imporant like new features, etc .... but for me I rather have some form of Rugby on 360, than no Rugby at all.

an online mode is sorely missed... the 360 would be a perfect console to implement it... they need to borrow the online templates from other EA Canada games such as Nba Live, Fifa, etc...
[/b]
Yeah...online mode would make me world famous lol!!!!

I grow weary travelling this world in search of a worthy opponent hehe..... :p

You had one, then fate intervened! When I came home I proceeded to annihilate people, (Andrew and Dave got away with a mild beating), as I had been saving a trick or two for you.

Turns out you knew them all, but I'm sure I was an outside chance for the final.

My defense is my best asset too.

I'll get you yet, GG. I'll get you yeeettttttttt...........

You had one, then fate intervened! When I came home I proceeded to annihilate people, (Andrew and Dave got away with a mild beating), as I had been saving a trick or two for you.

Turns out you knew them all, but I'm sure I was an outside chance for the final.

My defense is my best asset too.

I'll get you yet, GG. I'll get you yeeettttttttt...........
[/b]
Yeah I'm sure you want to turn one of your blue sig trophies into a dark brown one hehe....

I can't believe I finally came to a place of beautiful All Black moves...yet no one worthy to dish it out on...oh well...may have to go see some mates this weekend and give them the usual treatment haha!

I think Craig you were a very good chance of making the final....and possibly winning it. Thank you Amy for giving me the coveted dark brown sig trophy lol!

I heard that Danny Bullen is pretty much a gun now....gee....might be a bit freaky getting my own stuff dihed out on me....luckily I did not show the secret moves which i kept back in auckand on my laptop lol!

I have no greater smart-ass insult to stab at thee with, than to say:

GG, You are to Rugby '06 what John Mitchell is to the All-Blacks!!!

Latest posts