• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anyone had any thing similar?

K

kyryllo

I was playing the RWC with NZ. In the game vs Scotland, I make a regular diving tackle, the ref whistles "dangerous tackle" and penalty to Scotland. This looked pretty stupid, since I actualy missed the tackle and just managed to touch the other players hip with the hand not affecting his run. However it's not what the rant's about, such things can happen. The scottish make a penalty kick, get 3 pts, I do the kick off. Now the bullcrap starts! Just as I made the drop, the ball is still in the air, the ref whistles again, says "dangerous tackle" :blink: , and shows Conrad Smith the red card! No player from my side actually crossed the half way line, let alone tackling anyone. :redcard: Scotland gets a three pointer again. The next kick off goes without incidents, the play goes on. Up until I get the ball, Kelleher pass to Carter, Carter pass to... Smith! :wall: but Smith is now invisible, imovable and uncontrolable. The ball hangs in the air and both teams dance pogo around it. In the replay you can see how Smith is standing there with the ball in the hand, you can't see him in the free game though.

I hope it's a one off and never happens again :toss:

that sounds really bad and werid. something huge went wrong somewhere with that first dangerous tackle and it just spiraled downhill from there resulting in the game being extremely confused about conrad smith actuall being on the field or not. hopefully this is just a once off and it serves as another reminder to save often

YES!!! i had the same thing. well kinda.

I was playing super 14 and had thorne sent to the bin for a dangerous tackle. Then while he was in the bin i had Tuiali sent off for another dangerous tackle. so i had one in the bin and one sent off. then off the kick off i tried to pass it too the forwards, got it to tuiali (i wish i could spell his name) and he was inivisible. it has his name there and it just stayed there. Then he got high tackled and i got a pentaly. A penalty for a high tackle on an invisible player funny.

not long after that i got carter sent off, though i didnt have any problems with that.

i still won easy, but i couldnt bring on anyone to play no8 or first five. i wanted to bring brett in but he is only a 1st five.

also i couldnt win a scrum because i had no no8, and for some reason mccaw was always in the backline. no idea what was going on there.

Well for me it was Collins who was put in the bin. Though this was after the other team knocked on and I was awarded a scrum next thing Collins was being shown the yellow card.

A couple of plays later he got the ball (invisible) the other players were running around him and the offlload button kept flashing above his (invisible) head. eventually it turned into a ruck and I was able to recycle the ball.

McCaw in the backline I get that as well a lot of the time (thought that's what Rodney does).

lol sounds pretty cracked!

i will say they haven't quite managed to get the dangerous tackle thing right. dive tackles that result in penalties is because (i think) when the opposition receives the ball from kick (kick off) and hasn't begun running yet but gets hit, thats a dangerous tackle, i think the cpu might see it as a tackling in the air, as i got penalized for that (an action not controlled by player)

is it me or am i not alone on this but i can't help but tackle them without the ball lol to used to it from 06

i find the late tackling issue to be quite frustrating at times...i mean, i kick off and chase the ball, the player im in control of jumps up in the air competing for the ball, the computer suddenly decides that its gonna do a late tackle of its own accord and i get penalised through no fault of my own, this has happened many times - great AI.

also the computer receives the ball from scrum half, i time a dive tackle perfectly hitting him literally as his hands have touched the ball (which can be seen inthe replay) forcing the fumble - penalty? dangerous tackle? wtf?

i play the world cup with knock ons on the default position, i go the whole tournament on elite with not a single knock on from my team or the computer; im inthe final winning by 14 points - computer has one of those phases where its impossible to get the ball off them, isolted or not (ruck system IMO has improved like 10 % - still inadequate), i get the ball back finally about 5m out from my tryline and pass it to wilko to clear - knock on behind the try line, NZ score off the fumble. OK its a game, players do make mistakes. same scenario happens again, this time i give it to corry to make a few hards to give wilko more time to clear - corry knocks on like 5 m out from tryline - NZ score from the resulting push over scrum - seems liek a very cheap way of scoring if u ask me

IMO the AI has only improved very slightly from 06 ie they exploit the dummy pass more often and know wot to do in a 2 on 1, however its still very basic and needs a complete rehaul - started playing on elite with eng, 5 min halves, won every game fairly comfortably.

also, very disappointed with the ruck system - just seems to be skewed in favour of the computer. i understand that ne player cna lose the ball in contact but to get turned over constantly, because the player holding the ball happens to be a wing out wide when ive got 2 back row players 5m behind him is stupid and again feels very cheap

just my 2 cents - neone feel that this game is wot 06 shud have been? overall 5/10 (would have possibly been 6 had they bothered with neosrt of roster update)

i dont think rucks has improved... its the same as 06. i still loose the ball even on the easier modes! like when i was AB's playing against portugal (WC)

YES!!! i had the same thing. well kinda.

I was playing super 14 and had thorne sent to the bin for a dangerous tackle. Then while he was in the bin i had Tuiali sent off for another dangerous tackle. so i had one in the bin and one sent off. then off the kick off i tried to pass it too the forwards, got it to tuiali (i wish i could spell his name) and he was inivisible. it has his name there and it just stayed there. Then he got high tackled and i got a pentaly. A penalty for a high tackle on an invisible player funny.

not long after that i got carter sent off, though i didnt have any problems with that.

[/b]

How'd you get so many guys sent off ?:p

early tackles, this was all in the first half :)

wanted to see how many i could get sent off :)

how many can you get sent off? maybe you could play a bit off 10's or 7's. wish this game was on ps3 i'd smoke all you chumps! go the mighty blacks!

have any of you's had any of the front rowers sent off? i've never managed to get a prop or hooker binned. thats why i like hightackling with those guys lol

Yeah bro I got Carl Hayman sent off than replaced him with Neemia Tialata and got him sent off too. Had to replace him with Anton Oliver and than the scrums screwed all the time.

really? cause when i get players sent off i cant move players into his position. the position is greyed out and i cant get anyone in there.

though this was with a flanker and 1st five. sucks when you cant move anyone else into first five.

While not related to the bug you guys are talking about I thought I'd pop it in this thread.
Anyway, have any of you noticed that there is something screwy with Toeava's endurance, I played him at centre in a tri nations game and by the 70th minute his stamina was at 8!!! Anyone else experienced this?
Have they changed the way endurance is handled? I hope so. It would be great if you overuse certain players that they get tired more quickly, rather than an arbitrary stamina that decreases at a steady rate against the clock.

yes ive had this - its been random players for me...

mostly a flanker, but sometimes a scrumhalf

all of a sudden their stamina drops to 8 or 9. i didnt notice any affect on their performance though...

Shouldn't EA or HB studios HAVE to release a patch. This game has some pretty serious bugs, game breaking imo, not to mention the extremely poor job done on the rosters.
Do people readily tolerate such hatchet jobs from EA on a regular basis or is it just rugby.
Seriously I've seen other communities complain their asses off over some of the most insignificant problems, but not the rugby community, theres barely a grumble and I reckon we actually have something to complain about.
How this game got through QA is beyond me.

We all gave up a long time ago they seriously could not give a sh*t. [/b]

I was thinking the same thing.EA will have to get up from their lazy buts and produce a patch that can fix the many bugs in this game.It is so frustrating and trying to ignore them in the game is like crazy.Why have and play the game if it is so buggy? Each time a player of mine gets injured and I score with another player....wait a few seconds and BOOM time to get some Coke as a reboot of the PC is called for.Crash.Then stupid things would just happen...the invisible man etc !! No ways.EA sort out this game of yours as it sucks with all these bugs. :bravo:

you do realise you dont have to reboot the pc right?

alt+tab will get you out of it. or ctrl +****+escape will as well and you can end tast on it.

it hasnt crashed totally cause when it happened to me the flags were still moving. the game just didnt know what to do next.

Yeah sometimes though the game won't alt-tab to desktop, however you can still right click the rugby 08 icon in your taskbar and go to close the game.

Latest posts