• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZC Round 6 - 3rd Septemeber 2009

J

Jethro

Southland 15 - 15 Northland

A late try to hooker Jason Rutledge managed to salvage a draw for Southland in a game they should have won. The Stags were the better team but had one of those nights a Coach would rather forget and delete from their resume. Underlines on the day any ANZC team can down any other team. Great competition in 2009, leave it alone NZRU and stuff S15!

Good game last night, I thought. I can't believe Southland missed 6 kicks at goal! I'm a bit worried about Counties today, they could easily surprise us if we aren't on our game. We really needa 4 try bonus point as well so hopefully we come out and play attacking rugby.

Counties 19 - 62 Wellington

Would like to have said it was the Hosea Gear show but he only scored three of Wellington's nine tries as the Lions ran rampant. On the bright side the Steelers didn't give it away they were simply not in the same league.

Taranaki 17 - 13 North Harbour

Harbour slumped to their fifth loss in a row and it's pretty much season over for the North Auckland boys. The Naki win was built on one hell of a solid scrum nullifying Woodcock and Jack Cameron nailed penalty goals in the second half to take advantage of a massive territory advantage. Good solid win to the Naki, for any mungoes reading this is what rugby is all about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Sep 4 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hosea Gear for AB's wing!![/b]

Yeap lets not even contemplate calling up one of the best wingers in the ANZC, hell our AB wingers are scoring .....

Wellyz ran rampant alright but we just come off a spanking from the Cantabs and unfortunately the Steelers felt our wrath last night. I don't think it helped that alot of their players were sick and injured.

Hosea Gears playing good he doubled his try tally for this season coming away with 4 tries from last nights game to make his telly 8 trys from 6 games pretty damn good strike rate. Another player I've been watching is Robert Fruean he's got speed and definately got size standing 6'3 at 112kgs.

It was awesome to see Joeli Vidiri being interviewed before the game too didn't realise how big he was until 'Sumo' was next to him because he's not a small man himself.

I'm pleased Taranaki seem to have got their season back on track. Especially pleased that they're shutting out matches when they're in the position to do so, unlike North Harbour. Ultimately, I think that was the difference between the two sides last night.

Tasman 34 -15 Manawatu

Tasman were solid but Manawatu help them out with an error rate that will be sending the coach's hair grey. Not sure how to call this one, at stages Manawatu looked a much better team but couldn't string it together. Min season slump for Manawatu after an awesome start, Makos taking any points on offer.

Bay of Plenty 19 - 17 Canterbury

Congrats to the other Bay for a gutsy win under immense pressure from the Cantabs. During the first half it looked like Canterbury was going to run away with this one but the Steamers kept on trucking, took their opportunities, and showed some rock solid defense in the final quarter.

Waikato 30 - 22 Hawke's Bay

It's turning into a long season for Bay supporters, yet again they decided the match wasn't 80 minutes long, flounced around, and decided to play after being 24-0 down at the 26 minute mark. The Bay roared back with 17 unanswered points and the defense was strengthened by Clint Newlands. Memo to the Bay brains trust, why exact did Clint start from the bench? The home side managed to withstand some Bay running rugby and slotted a couple of penalties to ensure the win. Great game for the home crowd, the HBRU must seriously be starting to think about some changes in the coaching department as apparently we don't have a plan B when things go pear shapped.

Could Waikato charge the finals from here, how many points will the Bay gift start there next opponents? The truth is out there.

Forgot to add crowd just under 10,000 ... well done on that as well Waikato :)

Latest posts