• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AP 1st SF: Northampton Saints vs Leicester Tigers

JP has reffed this game magnificently I think. Bowden was already in the air, competing, by the time he saw Foden. Good call.

I don't think it was red, the ref has had a great game so far for me. Good to see.

JP Doyle really doesn't want to red card Bowden here...

You can see the fear in Bowden's face when he realises Foden's next to him :lol:

Wide eyed fear combined with a black eye makes for pure comedy gold.

Why does it take Saints to get a man sent off to find their mojo? Same as the final last year.

Got to echo Austin's praise of JP Doyle - one of the best refereeing performances I've seen this season.

Jeez....this has to have been some game!!!! Well done Saints!!!!!!!!!

I might watch about 3 games of union in 12 months, but there's no Super League games on tonight and the cricket wasn't close. I'd say this is probably one of the most dramatic games I've ever seen if not THE best.

And nobody deserves a red card for a punch that good by the way, that was an absolute corker! Fantastic game of union, really enjoyed it.

Mr Cockerill looks like someone stole his lollipop!

Interesting that it started 10 minutes before the Top 14 semi yet finished almost 5 minutes after............

Cracking game to watch, mind.
Very exciting, great intensity. Hopefully Sarries vs Quins can match it, and whoever wins that dicks Saints at Twickenham.

Presuming Sarries win their semi, and why will they not, at least both clubs will be playing in the week in between the semis and the final rather than one of them having a rest!

Incredible game to watch, had me on the edge of my seat as a neutral.

JP Doyle was excellent, one of the best reffing performances I've seen this season.

I get the feeling if Dickson had started then things would have been a bit less stressful for saints, but who knows. Haywood has done dam well stepping into some big shoes too.

Why Northampton seem to see red in big games and need to get beaten up a bit before they find their mojo confuses me greatly, but at least they managed to see it out this time.

Tigers will kick themselves for not making the man advantage count.

I reckon Saints will win next weekend now, they'll be on such a high that Bath will have to play out of their skins to stop them.

Latest posts