• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers Thread

I didn't see all of the Exeter game but based on what I did see, what I found alarming was how little direction they had with the ball given their 9, 10 and 12 last week were all experienced test class players. Ideally, you obviously want those players, particularly at 9 and 10, knowing exactly where that exchange of play will finish and building phases up to execute that, Leicester looked like they were just making it up as they went along and they couldn't build any pressure.

I didn't see all of the Exeter game but based on what I did see, what I found alarming was how little direction they had with the ball given their 9, 10 and 12 last week were all experienced test class players. Ideally, you obviously want those players, particularly at 9 and 10, knowing exactly where that exchange of play will finish and building phases up to execute that, Leicester looked like they were just making it up as they went along and they couldn't build any pressure.

they looked like a team that was told to kick it for territory against a team that loves possession of the ball.

Shame the Times is hidden behind a paywall. Brilliant interview with Genge today. Totally different from the anodyne garbage players usually come out with. Well worth a read if you can find it.

Looks like he spoke to the Torygraph a couple of days ago too. Haven't read that one, but clearly has things on his mind.

Murphy formally appointed as head coach. Will be interesting to see who he brings in to help him, but may be a long road before they're back where they're used to being.

It's interesting. Apparently the board want some stability. However the club is not at a good point and personally they have larger issues than stability.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46775088

Maybe it's just me but I'm getting fed up of this lets reappoint people culture at Leicester. I guess we'll see if the defence improves, but the club doesn't seem to be doing anything about the image that they give preferential treatment to mates or those who are seen as part of the club.

Murphy wants him so what is the problem?

A head coach wants an assistant coach he has worked with before, hardly something new or crazy.

Murphy wants him so what is the problem?

A head coach wants an assistant coach he has worked with before, hardly something new or crazy.

Given the curcumstances he parted company with Leicester over in the first place, it seems perfectly reasonable if you're happy to accept that he's done his time . learned a lesson.

I think the world cup probably tipped it. They haven't said how long the deal is so he could be off relatively soon after the WC.

Worcester won today. If Newcastle win too then things will get interesting. Although I think Leicester will stay up due to bonus points.

Got to be good for tigs lot of experience.
Hard to disagree have the players to be better than where they are so got has to be coaching/ mindset at club.

Nick Auterac to Saints confirmed assume Frank's snr will be hanging up boots.
Seem to remember being the next big thing when at Bath however seemed to have fell of radar since.
Heard rumours of a tad disruptive at Bath wether true or not have no idea.

Latest posts