• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AP 1st SF: Northampton Saints vs Leicester Tigers

I think he means great club in the history/prestige etc . Which I suppose he's right and yes it definitely is sour grapes I just thought it was funny . Northampton definitely deserved a place in the final this year they have been great all season . Tbh it would be a travesty if it wasn't a sarries saints final as they have been head and shoulders above the rest

Oh yeah, not disputing that at all. Also, your supposed squad for next year looks stupidly good. Its just comments like that that makes Cockers grate on my quite a bit.

That was Floods last game for Tigers/in England wasn't it? Bit of a shame.

Oh yeah, not disputing that at all. Also, your supposed squad for next year looks stupidly good. Its just comments like that that makes Cockers grate on my quite a bit.

That was Floods last game for Tigers/in England wasn't it? Bit of a shame.

Yeh made some good signings ! Haven't they signed the Italian TH ? If so will take a lot of pressure off Cole . I don't really mind the comments because all it is is passion pouring out although I wish sometimes he would keep his mouth closed .

Yep floods last game :( I really hope burns finds his form next season and we stay fairly injury free . I think if we hadn't had as many injuries last nights game would have been at welford road

Yeah I think so, Cole should have a lot less pressure on him. Is Burns still going to Tigers though? Heard some rumours that the move has been canned because of his poor form.

Cockerill clearly cares a lot about Leicester, which is great, but as you say he sometimes needs to just stop talking!

Yeah I think so, Cole should have a lot less pressure on him. Is Burns still going to Tigers though? Heard some rumours that the move has been canned because of his poor form.

Cockerill clearly cares a lot about Leicester, which is great, but as you say he sometimes needs to just stop talking!

Well I hope burns is going there . Haven't heard anything to say he isn't . I'll have a scan now see if I can find anything

Edit : just found this from April

Although not confirmed by Tigers yet, Burns will run out for Leicester next season after joining from Gloucester.

While the 23-year-old has enjoyed a couple of impressive years at Kingsholm, he has struggled this season as Gloucester languish in the lower reaches of the table.

World Cup-winner Kay was a veteran of 281 appearances with the Tigers during an 11-year career at the club.

He reckons Burns will offer a different sort of approach from Leicester's long-time first-choice fly-half, Toby Flood, who leaves to play his rugby in France this summer.

"Freddie Burns is coming to replace Toby Flood but he is of a different psychological make-up to Flood," said Kay.

"He is more of a Ryan Lamb in the way he goes about things.

"Burns is a bit of a gamble. A lot of how he performs will be down to how well the coaching staff manage him.

"If you judge him on his past couple of seasons, he has had to perform behind a front five that is going backwards. Even the best 10s are not good in those situations.

"Leicester obviously feel they can bring out the best in him with their pack which is, more often than not, on the front foot.

"But inside centre Anthony Allen will be key for him as well. He will be the eyes and ears outside of him.

"He will protect him and help him make correct decisions.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy he's still not been confirmed.
Original rumours were saying he'd be announced around Six Nations, then it was after the Glaws/Tigers game at Welford, then at the end of Gloucester's season. If it's not confirmed this week, now that Tigers season is over, it'll look even sketchier....or we'll hear "Burns is set to be annouced after the tour to NZ".

Just watched game as was in Glasgow last night. Wow what a game and well that was war of attrition. JP Doyle really going up in my eyes as a ref

Just watched game as was in Glasgow last night. Wow what a game and well that was war of attrition. JP Doyle really going up in my eyes as a ref

Makes a nice change that in an aftermath of a great game that when we do talk about the refs its in a positive light.

Makes a nice change that in an aftermath of a great game that when we do talk about the refs its in a positive light.

Well it has to be said in a very heated environment he kept a cool head and his decisions were good but in a nightly feisty game he stayed strong and controlled. Wasn't always a huge fan of him but seen him in last few weeks improve

I thought tuilagi was very quiet this match. Didn't show his international class.

Also thought Burrell made a few mistakes.

Neither impressed me unfortunately

I thought tuilagi was very quiet this match. Didn't show his international class.

Also thought Burrell made a few mistakes.

Neither impressed me unfortunately

It was a bit more of an attritional game by all accounts so not surprising really . Probably cancelled each other out too

P6bNv7p.jpg

Pretty crazy he's still not been confirmed.
Original rumours were saying he'd be announced around Six Nations, then it was after the Glaws/Tigers game at Welford, then at the end of Gloucester's season. If it's not confirmed this week, now that Tigers season is over, it'll look even sketchier....or we'll hear "Burns is set to be annouced after the tour to NZ".
I don't think Leicester have announced any signings yet this season. Last season they announced 5 signings in bulk at the end of May. For some reason, I think they prefer to get the season out of the way before confirming moves.

I seem to remember there being some financial reasoning behind it - I think someone on the Tiger's board said so... could be wrong.
They do it every year in any case.

That first bit sounds a bit like sour grapes to me... How does a great club not finish a team who've had a man sent off?

A post match interview on the bbc, can't find link on phone, but he does sound more gracious well for cockers.

Also the time leicester had with 14 men was around the same amount of as saints had with 14 men.

I seem to remember there being some financial reasoning behind it - I think someone on the Tiger's board said so... could be wrong.
They do it every year in any case.

Yeh leicester do it I think to try and use the injury cap if needed for example camacho was signed last season on the injury cap to cover benjamin (how ironic) but for example if cole for the start of season rizzo may well be put on the injury cap and therefore frees up salary cap space.

That's what I heard, simon Cohen is brilliant at these stuff.

Expect to hear transfers from June onwards.

FYI the merc is a reliable source.
So far
Hawkins------> gilharndi
Stankovich/schuster-----> Stankovich
Waldrom -----> Barberi
Flood. ------> Burns
Lamb ------> Bai
Bowden ------> Loamanu

Cockers also said that we may be signing another experienced cheap TH for depht.

Cockers also said that we may be signing another experienced cheap TH for depht.
"experienced", "cheap" and "tighthead" - a combo of two of these is possible, but not all three :p

"experienced", "cheap" and "tighthead" - a combo of two of these is possible, but not all three :p

Experienced as in old ;) think he is on the prowl for a TH version of Stankovich won't mind not being in the 23 all the time but can fill in if needed.

Good luck! New scrum laws have made good tightheads essential for a team to win consistently, I can't think of anyone you'll get that will fit the criteria of being both good and cheap.

Latest posts