• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AP 1st SF: Northampton Saints vs Leicester Tigers

They could look to Eastern Europe/Russia?
Cobilas has turned out to be a great bit of business for us, after getting him up to prem standard fitness levels.

They could look to Eastern Europe/Russia?
Cobilas has turned out to be a great bit of business for us, after getting him up to prem standard fitness levels.
Kingsley Jones said that the myth of big Russian forwards is just that, a myth; most are quick little backs.

Good luck! New scrum laws have made good tightheads essential for a team to win consistently, I can't think of anyone you'll get that will fit the criteria of being both good and cheap.

I didn't say good did i :) reckon next season the front row will be if rumours are true.
1) Ayerza
2) Youngs
3) Cole

Bench
1) Rizzo
2) gilharndi (spelling)
3) Mulipola

Reserve
1) Bristow
2) Thacker/Briggs
3) Balmain

So in the internationals we could be without our starting and bench, so Cockers is targeting literally stop gap players which are about tbh not a stater or 23 but a player that provides deep enough depht.

If you get me.

Kingsley Jones said that the myth of big Russian forwards is just that, a myth; most are quick little backs.

Russia have the worst scrum and forward pack in the top 25 IRB ranked countries. One or two of their loosies aren't dreadful but the front five are abysmal.

People confuse Slavs with those from the Baltic...
Russians are wiry ***** generally - Estonians or Lithuanians on the other hand...

Steve Diamond took russia to their highest position in the rankings ever and got them to their first world cup.
Kingsley Jones drove russia headfirst into the ground through a combination of terrible coaching and poor selection.
Dimes reckons russia (and eastern europe) is an untapped resource.
Kingsley don't.
I think I'd trust Dimes more :p
Especially considering his pedigree as a talent scout.

Gutted but not unexpected to be honest its been a very strange season and in some ways Im glad its done from a Tigers point of view.

Latest posts