• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers Thread

So I was looking up how long Tigs' longest winning streak is, and Wikipedia claims it's 22 games in only 5 months in 1995-6.

1641150546053.png

Leicester only played 7 games in the league in that time, and weren't in that season of the Heineken Cup. So does anyone know what they were actually playing back then?

I see its very sad news for the Youngs family.

Welford Road will be an emotional place this weekend.

Are tigers gonna have to sign a 9 now?
Wigglesworth retired and Youngs and JVP will be away during the 6N

"Between Saracens' and Exeter's shenanigans not enough people hate Tigers anymore, what can we do to change that?"

Jeez this is a much bleaker view of it
A bit of a Partridgian "needless to say, I had the last laugh", but it's interesting to see that they are saying that replacing Borthwick and Sinfield is going to cost about what they were paid to release them. At the time there were a lot of suggestions that Leicester were being greedy in their negotiations and I think that I asked at the time what people of this persuasion thought it would cost to repair the damage done. In a fairer world, I would have thought that Leicester should have deserved recompense for having the foresight to sign these guys to long-term contracts, but surely the bare minimum they should have been entitled to is what it will cost them to undo the damage to their business.

A bit of a Partridgian "needless to say, I had the last laugh", but it's interesting to see that they are saying that replacing Borthwick and Sinfield is going to cost about what they were paid to release them. At the time there were a lot of suggestions that Leicester were being greedy in their negotiations and I think that I asked at the time what people of this persuasion thought it would cost to repair the damage done. In a fairer world, I would have thought that Leicester should have deserved recompense for having the foresight to sign these guys to long-term contracts, but surely the bare minimum they should have been entitled to is what it will cost them to undo the damage to their business.
In a fairer world Tigers would have also been relegated due to financially cheating (to a lesser extent).

I mean they should've been relegated....but for Saracens financial cheating, as they were last that season
Bit different though - and didn't wasps break the cap a few years ago too?

I mean they should've been relegated....but for Saracens financial cheating, as they were last that season
Bit different though - and didn't wasps break the cap a few years ago too?
Agreed. Leicester, and Bath, should have been relegated for finishing last.

As far as I remember, Leicester 's financial shenanigans didn't reach the threshold for any league points deductions, let alone enough to see them relegated (when it was discovered)

Latest posts