• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina in the 6 nations ?

• Thread starter tooniesbruxelles
  • Start date
i dont see it happening to be honest... for starters having argentina play in brussels is dumb, sure it will be good for people who follow rugby in brussels, but it wont do anything to help submerge argentinian fans in the game.. how many fans do you think will jump at taking 5 or 6 weeks off their job so they can go and watch argentina play.. none.

secondly, i can guarantee that a lot of the teams in the 6 nations would be absolutely dreading the plane flight and the jet lag associated with it.. so needless to say i dont see it happening in the 6N

maybe in the 3N.. but we'll see.

Well actually Brussells wouldn't be a bad idea as its connected by high speed train to London and Paris and flights there are only about an hour or so from Scotland, Matt-land and Ireland.

I do love it how all the SH guys are suddenly accepting Argentina as one of their own now they're recodnised as a good side. Especially as none of them could give 2 shits a mere 6 months ago. The power 1 world cup has. :rolleyes:

If Argentina joined the 6 Nations tournament, some sort of relegation/promotion system would need to be introduced; Whoever finishes last this year gets "relegated" (eg, Wales) and Argentina come in. The following year whoever finishes last (eg. Italy) would be religated and Wales would come back. 7 teams in the torunament though is far too congestive on the fixtures, the players would never be with their clubs otherwise.

The Tri-Nations would proberbly be a better alternative for Argentina to compete in annually (despite all of their players playing in the North), but SANZAR would only look to rape them for every penny their worth and would still never accept them as "one of their own. *cougholdboysnetworkcough*
[/b]

LMAO. I couldn't care less about Hemispheres, and it's not about accepting them as "one of our own". It simply makes sense that they join the 3N, so it's a fair spread of teams in the two competitions. It would be considered an unfair advantage if the NH contains 7 of the top 10 teams in the world, where we still only familiarize with the same 3 teams. That's not the only thing, it just simply makes more sense considering these competitions are based on hemispherical co-ordinates. Nothing to do with claiming they are on our side of the fence, and to say that is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. You ask any NZ, AUS and SA supporter and they'll tell you that themselves.

How f***ing hard and complicated could it be to establish an international season? This sport won't grow without the introduction of one. For f***s sake, it's the only solution so why bother ******* around and just make it f***ing happen for f***s sake.

Haha, Cully mate, I share you anger over the lack of an intergrated season, but lack your smooth language and charm in expressing myself.

But seriously, having a global season would really answer alot of the rugby world's problems.

Argentina's lack of competition is just one of them.

Club versus Country and weakened touring teams are another 2 that spring to mind.

I think that seeing Argentina in a big international tournament could be a great thing...

But I can't understand, why they should play the 6 Nations?

That's an European tournament, and..... that's it!

There's no geographical or cultural gustification that can say that they slhould play the 6N... they are perfect for the "4 Nations"...

Maybe the argentinian federation could prefer the 6n, because most of their players play in Europe, so problems like players' jet-lag shouldn't exist...

That's not the only thing, it just simply makes more sense considering these competitions are based on hemispherical co-ordinates. [/b]

Wrong. The Tri-Nations may be like that, but the Six nations was a competition between the home nations, then France joined in 1910 and Italy joined in 2000. Now unless the Home Nations are the entire NH, I do indeed believe your statement is wrong.

Now who's basing what on hemispheres?

What a crap idea.....they would be more suited to tri-nations or 4 nations or whatever the f*** they would call it. :)

I think that seeing Argentina in a big international tournament could be a great thing...

There's no geographical or cultural gustification that can say that they slhould play the 6N... they are perfect for the "4 Nations"...

Maybe the argentinian federation could prefer the 6n, because most of their players play in Europe, so problems like players' jet-lag shouldn't exist... [/b]

Totally agree on the jet-lag comment, but don't you think the jet-lag will be even worst if thier was a 4N? If you had to dig a hole in Argentina you would probably land somewhere near NZ. They are on opposite sides of the planet

<div class='quotemain'> I think that seeing Argentina in a big international tournament could be a great thing...

Maybe the argentinian federation could prefer the 6n, because most of their players play in Europe, so problems like players' jet-lag shouldn't exist... [/b]

Totally agree on the jet-lag comment, but don't you think the jet-lag will be even worst if thier was a 4N? If you had to dig a hole in Argentina you would probably land somewhere near NZ. They are on opposite sides of the planet
[/b][/quote]

I know where is Argentina :%#%#:

That's why I said argentinian federation surely prefer play the 6 Nation unstead of Tri-nations...

But I also think that in the rugby world, traditions very important... almost important than business...

So there is the world cup for all the nation, the 4 then 5 then 6 nations for Europe, then the Tri Nations for the south emisphere teams

I'm from Argentina and i've heard that too... But since it's absolutely unclear what will happen with the pumas it was just well founded rumor i think....

I think Argentina would be better in the Tri Nations but that would cause big logistical issues and costs for travelling. Maybe it might not be costs effective and the players could get knackered with all that travelling in Business Class. Definately Tri Nations though not Six Nations. Bring Portugal and Spain into the six nations would be fun. England would get to score a few tries - maybe.

Six nations is an european tournament.I think Argentina should play in 3 nations.

Perhaps it would be logical for Argentina, the Pacific Island teams, USA and Canada to form a sort of 'Pacific League' or something. Argentina would dominate at first, but the regular competion would in time bring the others up to scratch.

Perhaps it would be logical for Argentina, the Pacific Island teams, USA and Canada to form a sort of 'Pacific League' or something. Argentina would dominate at first, but the regular competion would in time bring the others up to scratch.
[/b]

Logical? As much as Argentina in the VI nations (I would prefer Argentina in the Tri-Nations by the way). You are mixing hemispheres and continents too.

it's kind of sad for Argentina because i don't really see them joining the Six Nations Tournament (the main reason would be / is perhaps a geographical issue) but since most of the Pumas play in Europe, there would be pretty hard to integrate themselves in the Trinations tournament. too bad, because imho they deserve to constantly be in real challenge against the big nations.

Ok there is a lot of argentinan players in France and England but they aren't european. So It will denaturate the 6 nations if they go.

Latest posts