• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina v Wales looms.....

Not overly optimistic about getting a result here, especially as our front 5 is going to be in for a very very tough test up against that Pumas pack!

Only managed to catch the first Jaguares game this season (away vs the Stormers I think?) so I'm not overly familiar with a lot of the names in team, but I'm very apprehensive considering the form they've been on recently!

Hoping that even if our front 5 struggle to create a platform, we'll get enough turnover ball via the backrow to hit them on the counter, especially with James Davies in the side - plus Seb Davies has been stealing line out balls for fun for Cardiff this year.

Wyn Jones is out of the tour. Rob Evans moves up from the bench and Smith comes in as replacement.

Argentina strong favourites for this 2/5. Might be worth a punt on us but got no real faith in getting a result here

Those are pretty crazy odds, very tempting

I don't think Argentina are anything to fear at home (more so than anywhere else anyway) remember England being underdogs last tour and we whitewashed them with a B/C side

Those are pretty crazy odds, very tempting

I don't think Argentina are anything to fear at home (more so than anywhere else anyway) remember England being underdogs last tour and we whitewashed them with a B/C side

In fairness, I think it may be a bit different if Arg and England met now... what with the jaguares rapid improvement and England's recent form.

I definitely have Argentina as favourites but what do I know... I had Ireland and England as favourites too today!

Oh aye, I wouldn't fancy England's chances against most top 10 tbh.

What I meant was that I don't think home advantage means a lot for Argentina, probably due to then having no local rivals and having to travel so far for competition.
I also think they're a little overrated due to past accomplishments and being in the rugby championship (in the same way that many think Italy are better than the tier 2 euro sides because they're in the 6N, When in reality they're not)

Oh aye, I wouldn't fancy England's chances against most top 10 tbh.

What I meant was that I don't think home advantage means a lot for Argentina, probably due to then having no local rivals and having to travel so far for competition.
I also think they're a little overrated due to past accomplishments and being in the rugby championship (in the same way that many think Italy are better than the tier 2 euro sides because they're in the 6N, When in reality they're not)

I know what you mean but Argentina were already a better side than Italy wwaaayyyy before they entered the Rugby Championship... and I have a feeling that they will 'acclimatise' to that tournament far quicker than Italy ever will to the 6N. If their not already (& their World Cup form historically seems to suggest that they are) they will be a real force moving forward.

If Wales manage to get a win today... and with some big names absent through rest and injury, it's a big if... it would be a great result.

I should note that I'm not saying Argentina and Italy are comparable skill levels, just that they get slightly overhyped because of the level of competition they regularly face.

So happy this is on channel 4, after suffering through sky sports all day it's a breath of fresh air

Couldn't help but stick a small wager on. I never learn that the bookies rarely get it wrong !

With those odds i d bet a quid or two, too. if i were not Argentine, course.

Btw, the pitch looks 10 times better than velez (where we normally play).

That was a yellow easy.

Wales players are tougher on contact than last 5 SR matches we played.

I known we have one of the largest welsh communities outside wales but the amount of supporters/flags, given the venue, is impressive.

Beard is doing well at set piece, if he can do a bit more around the park he could end up being a lot more promising than I thought.

Wales' defence has been superb

Apart from a few sloppy mistakes early on we have pretty good all around... not talking England's opening 20 mins today good, but good all the same.

Latest posts