• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina v Wales looms.....

In the cold light of day, am a bit disappointed that we didn't put Argentina to the sword during the second half. Which is crazy because going in, I was expecting a far better Arg and still expect them to be better next week.

Still a very decent result for a developing Welsh side. Lot of players to come back... if they can regain the shirt.

What's pleasing is the bit of depth we are creating across the pack, particularly with the next world cup in mind. Dillion and Beard making huge strides this tour, Dee also worth a mention. I'd like to see Seb Davies played in his favoured position rather than at 6. I'd also love to see a backrow of Davies, Moriarty and Jenkins. Very mobile.

In the cold light of day, am a bit disappointed that we didn't put Argentina to the sword during the second half. Which is crazy because going in, I was expecting a far better Arg and still expect them to be better next week.

Still a very decent result for a developing Welsh side. Lot of players to come back... if they can regain the shirt.

Yeah this is true, and like I said, that penalty count!

Our depth at 7 has officially become ridiculous!

We've got Warburton and Tipuric, two of the best in the world, sitting at home; Wales' player of the season Navidi injured, and yet Ellis Jenkins comes in, captains the side and almost picks up a motm award, following by James Davies who picks up the official motm award a week later. The fact that the best 7 in the Aviva premiership in Thomas Young can't get a look in hammers things home. Olly Griffiths waiting in the wings for his shot as well.....

Our depth at 7 has officially become ridiculous!

We've got Warburton and Tipuric, two of the best in the world, sitting at home; Wales' player of the season Navidi injured, and yet Ellis Jenkins comes in, captains the side and almost picks up a motm award, following by James Davies who picks up the official motm award a week later. The fact that the best 7 in the Aviva premiership in Thomas Young can't get a look in hammers things home. Olly Griffiths waiting in the wings for his shot as well.....

A little bit OTT

Most definitely not the best 7 in the Prem. He is good, but not that good, no way.
Gibson, O'Connor, Curry, Underhill and many others are better than him
Gibson and O'Connor are nowhere near Young's level, and Underhill's more of a blindside. The only 7 is the Prem to rival Young is Louw and he hasn't been in the best form lately. If Young had declared for England he'd be starting 7.

Gibson and O'Connor are nowhere near Young's level, and Underhill's more of a blindside. The only 7 is the Prem to rival Young is Louw and he hasn't been in the best form lately. If Young had declared for England he'd be starting 7.

Really??? I've never rated him that highly... Anyone got any stats just for comparison?

Most definitely not the best 7 in the Prem. He is good, but not that good, no way.
Gibson, O'Connor, Curry, Underhill and many others are better than him

Hasn't Young been named in the official team of the season two years running? I know it's not the be all and end all, but shows he's arguably the best in the prem.

For what it's worth, I really rate Curry, both of 'em. Underhill isn't an openside, not even close imo. Potentially great destructive blindside, but imo an openside needs to offer more offensively than he does. Not too clued up on Gibson and O'Connor!

Both teams surprised me a bit, Wales' pack put up a lot more of fight than I expected and Argentina were a lot crapper than I expected.
A lot of positives for Wales, Beard and Lewis stepped up to the mark and proved that they can compete at Test level, Moriarty got involved a lot more with carrying on the front foot as well as making a crazy amount of tackles. James Davies had a field day at the breakdown, crazy to think he is probably 5th choice 7. Dee, Evans, Hill also had good games but I expected them to be honest. Elephant in the room though is the play Seb Davies anywhere but 2nd row experiment which is clearly not working, I know it's only early days but it has the air of the Rhodri Jones debacle to me and I hope it doesn't knock his confidence. Seeing the stats, during his 53 minutes on the field, Seb made 11 tackles, 0 passes and 0 carries. Wainwright came on and in his 27 minutes made 12 tackles alone.
Backs went well which is what you expect from the experience on show, Patchell continues to grow in the 10 shirt and I think is the much more rounded choice when compared to Anscombe, I'm a bit unsure of Amos being a long term prospect at 15, I'm a big fan of his but he has still a lot to learn at 15 in test level. I would like to see Adams get more game time, I reckon he has the attributes to make a claim for the 11 shirt even if everyone is fit.

Latest posts