• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina v Wales looms.....

Would love to see the amount of time Argentina have spent in the Welsh 22/inside the 5m line
Seriously impressed with their defence

65:35
3:14

Talk about making your possession count

We've been pretty clinical since the start of the 6N to be fair, we've had to be with the amount of possession we've had over that same period.

We forgot how to play again xD. Like instead of playing fast we try to breach a 2 player tackle ffs. Plus Wales is playing volleyball on the rucks to slow it down(on SR you get a penalty for less). At this rate we are going to lose by 15+

Wales getting to the breakdown very quickly and Argentina have no answer for it. Wales occasionally getting on the wrong side of the ruck due to that. You could argue for a yellow card in that period on the 5m. I'd have love to see Ellis Jenkins and James Davies playing 6 and 7 in this game it would have been incredible.

Wales playing a good aerial game, and taken the try chances very well. Clinical try's from Wales, Argentina not able to do the same thing that half.

My thoughts:

1) Lately (jags) we sometimes have trouble to get possession, but once we do we are pretty good at putting points on the board. We are missing that today
2) Our forwards seem unable to break the advantage line today. That is very rare for us. Wales is doing a very good job here.
3) Wales is slowing us at the breakdown a LOT. We are not used to that.

Not gonna comment on the tries. We defended awfully and had to do more with concentration than anything else. I've seen u15 teams defend better in those situations.

Decent first half from Wales. Not happy with the amount of possession and territory we've had (seems to be an issue for Wales at the moment), but we've been pretty good with and without the ball.

Fair play to Amos, that offload for Cubby Boi's try was sublime. Cubby has been stand-out so far.

Very impressed with our driving maul defence as well. Argentina haven't managed to make any ground, and that's testament to an inexperienced forward pack.

Shout out too for Dillon Lewis. Great first half. Solid in the scrum, some really good carrying work, and he's causing a nuisance at the ruck. Could be a real find.

Better than expected first half seem argies ain't used to that sort of competiveness at the breakdown . Keeping it scrappy in defence and being clinical on attack , hoping we can keep this going

Just read the stat, wales made 49 out of 51 tackles. Explains a bit.

By the way, and but was there no other ref available? I mean, having a welsh ref officiating Arg vs Wales, in Argentina sounds just silly.

The changes in the pack have hurt Wales. We are missing patchell too. You need your tactical kicker in the last 20 of these types of games

Well that's a great result and my pint paid off too . Argies 2/5 on suggested that it was gonna be a walk over for them. Not a bad performance for a B team and for me a stand out performance by James Davies . The second half become a bit of an exhibition in all fairness.

Impressive by Wales, defence was genuinely amazing and they bossed the contact area and ruck.

Couldn't help but stick a small wager on. I never learn that the bookies rarely get it wrong !
Did the same just before kick off,
Nice little earner!

Unconfirmed, but i ve read Matera is injured again. Out blood standing.

Great result considering the pack we fielded.

Gotta be honest though, I thought Argentina were very poor. Partly because of Wales' superb defence, but they didn't vary their game well at all, and Wales bossed the gain line & contact area.

I was hoping we'd create a few more opportunities in the second half, but we were a little sloppy with the ball which led to a very stop-start affair.

Edit: Selection for next week will be interesting. Gatland already said there'll be changes, and I'd like to see a starting XV of:

Rob Evans, Ryan Elias, Dillon Lewis
Seb Davies, Adam Beard
Ellis Jenkins, James Davies, Ross Moriarty

Tomos Williams, Rhys Patchell
Hadleigh Parkes, Owen Watkin
Josh Adams, Halam Amos, George North

Gats may make a few more changes if he wants to give opportunities to all, but I think he should also reward some good performances on the tour.

Last edited:
Juat heard Creevy's post game interview. Never heard him so critical. He called the forwards performance a disaster.
Not that i disagree, i m just bot used to hearing them being critical. Ledesma s fingerprints everywhere.

lrpmqlp
DfSXAmMXkAAFDqR.jpg:large

Sweet we lost 3 jags players in a match for nothing. Great!

Good win that! The penalty count though - shocking! All the talk up of the Pumas, they were pretty dire and Wales were solid.

Latest posts