• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 2006

S

sanzar

Anyone see these new ads out here in Aus where they deliver the giant statue of Warnie to the English in London?

Just click on the link

I love that poor ******* who they pick to unveil the statue! :roflrol:

Classic stuff! :bravo:

It makes us look like we're all Eernie Dingo. I think it's funny but we don't particularly need to project that image onto ourselves.

ashes could be crap this year. england is going to proabbly be missing a lot of first choice players.

Even still though they were able to tie the test series in India and won the home series with Pakistan, both times without a host of key players. Obviously the Aussies are still a massive step up but England should still be more than competitive.

I dunno, England are missing two main players from their summer series!

A certain Andrew Flintoff and a 'reverse swing king' Simon Jones. Both players were instrumental in England's victories against the Oz.

Well they were saying that he could play in the ICC trophy so surely if he comes through that he's a definite for the Ashes.

Should be a good series, plus adding Black Caps for the VB Series will be great!

Am contemplating joining the Beige Brigade tour to the NZ v Oz game at MCG, then NZ v Eng in Gabba, then 1st final back at MCG. Would be awesome to go...

Are they playing the ODIs in Melbourne at the MCG, I thought they'd be using the Telstra Dome???

it would have to be at the MCG wouldnt it? its a big game, they would get a bigger croud. i would think so anyway :)

i wouldnt mind going to that, i wonder how much it would cost just to go over for that, i am sure i have accomodation :)

God I thought there might be some reaction to England naming their squad, Flintoff will tour as captain, unless he doesn't come through the ICC Trophy where he'll also be skipper. Giles, Anderson, Plunkett also make the squad despite injury doubts over all 3. England vowed not to make the same mistakes they did on the last tour but could history be repeating itself with these selections. If fit it's a strong enough squad, whether they're good enough to retain the Ashes is another story. And now I've just read Hoggard has been in hospital to have a check on a possible side strain, should be fine but will have an MRI tomorow.

Squad in full:

A Flintoff (captain, Lancashire, 62 Tests), A Strauss (Middlesex, 31 Tests), M Trescothick (Somerset, 76 Tests), A Cook (Essex, 9 Tests), K Pietersen (Hampshire, 18 Tests), I Bell (Warwickshire, 18 Tests), P Collingwood (Durham, 15 Tests), C Read (Nottinghamshire, 13 Tests), S Mahmood (Lancashire, 5 Tests), S Harmison (Durham, 45 Tests), M Hoggard (Yorkshire, 58 Tests), M Panesar (Northants, 10 Tests), G Jones (Kent, 31 Tests), A Giles (Warwickshire, 52 Tests), J Anderson (Lancashire, 13 Tests), L Plunkett (Durham, 6 Tests).

well he was for the mostpart ecpected to be fit for the ICC so the Ashes should be a given.

Good to see Read doing well for England he should have been playing in the ashes last year

Primary role for a keeper is glove work and Read is streets ahead on that score, Jones' form with the bat has been poor, his glove work isn't up to scratch, unless you'd consider someone else.

Latest posts