• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashton wins Try of the Year award

Yup. That's the one. He has quite a bit of speed for a number 8.

Spies is slightly faster but Kanko has loads more vision and a bit of evasion that Spies lacks. Well I guess Spies suits the Bulls as they use him as a battering ram to gain fast forward ball and then let fly to Olivier while Kanko is very well suited to the Sharks where they have more than enough other forwards to do the hard yards and Kanko is great in a somewhat loose situation such as turn-over ball or running up the blind side. I suspect Kanko has the better acceleration as well.

But give me the slower, hard grafting Vermeulen please.

As a former no. 8, I will take Spies any day of the week. Love Pacey forwards. Vermeulen just doesn't do it for me. If I had to have a slow bulky grinding forward, I would take Willem Alberts. Spies is my first choice though.

Sorry mate. You might be a fellow Kiwi, but IMO you are a long way off the mark.

Ashton had to do a lot more than just "run in and a bit of grandstanding". Get your black eye-patch off and take a good look at the video... he stood up Drew Mitchell from over 10m away, turned him inside out and then did him over for pace as well, and Mitchell is no slouch.

IMO, this try was thoroughly deserving of winning best try of the year, with Dagg's solo effort at the Cake Tin against the Bokke a close second.

easy to beat a player in that situation, and it was just one player. Average try.

lionel-rich-tea.jpg

It's funny how he is the only one who thinks like this. This can be fun

I'm too slow Feic C-c-c-c-c-ombo broke that beautiful rendition :(

Sorry.....

Here's a little something to make up for it...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b_ILDFp5DGA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed>

Last edited:
Every time I open this topic I hear Lionel Ritchie singing haha... Awesome!

Somebody's embedded a youtube vid with autoplay at 1x1 px.

Latest posts