• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Interesting the use of Greek Fire as a weapon which would set the date after AD 672. If the flamethrower was portable then it was set in the 10th century AD (AD 900-1,000) as it was first mentioned in military documents during this period. This is all speculation and opinion of course.

747px-Hand-siphon_for_Greek_fire,_medieval_illumination_(detail).jpg

Interesting the use of Greek Fire as a weapon which would set the date after AD 672. If the flamethrower was portable then it was set in the 10th century AD (AD 900-1,000) as it was first mentioned in military documents during this period. This is all speculation and opinion of course.

View attachment 1522
The Minarettes you see at the start of the video I think are from a mosque that was built in the 17th century was it not?
However I do recall reading about the chain across Byzantiums harbour being there during the 11th century at the time where Varangians were in service.

Last edited:
Just noticed at the start of the video in the bottom right corner it says, 'Constantinople 1511: Crossroads of the world'

Did you guys not know where it was set...? It's mostly Ezio (post Brotherhood) going to Constantinople looking for some of Altair's legacy. There are going to be some sequences with Altair but mostly it's going to be Ezio.

Did you guys not know where it was set...? It's mostly Ezio (post Brotherhood) going to Constantinople looking for some of Altair's legacy. There are going to be some sequences with Altair but mostly it's going to be Ezio.

Never played Assassin's Creed, I just like history and trying to figure out when games are set.

Love the series, just completed II, and Brotherhood is waiting for me when I finish my essay...

What does anyone reckon to a future one being set in the New World??

The 15th & 16th centuries were hugely exciting periods - we've had the renaissance Italian condottieri-run city states, and we're getting the beginning of the Ottoman Empire in Revelations.

And in the New World, it's all kicking off too. Imagine it being based in Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City) in the 1520s (just after the Spanish conquest). The Assassin could travel down to Panama Viejo, and into Lima and Cusco (which was conquered by the 1540s). Here you have the declining Aztec Empire in Mexico, the declining Inca Empire in Peru and the English privateers from the likes of Sir Francis Drake getting in the way of the Spanish in Panama. Perhaps if Cortes, Balboa and Pizarro were all Templars...

The only thing I don't like about Assasins Creed, is that it is one of those classiscs you can't put down, even if there is something career threateningly over due. As well as leaving me with an urge to make one of his robes and run around the city climbing buildings, the urge takes forever to leave and leaves me very dissatisfied with life as it is.

Sad, I know.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about Assasins Creed, is that it is one of those classiscs you can't put down, even if there is something career threateningly over due. As well as leaving me with an urge to make ones of his robes and run around the city climbing buildings, the urge takes forever to leave and leaves me very dissatisfied with live as it is.

Sad, I know.

We've all been there :lol:

You start looking at walls planning your route to the top it is disturbing.

The only thing I don't like about Assasins Creed, is that it is one of those classiscs you can't put down, even if there is something career threateningly over due. As well as leaving me with an urge to make one of his robes and run around the city climbing buildings, the urge takes forever to leave and leaves me very dissatisfied with life as it is.

Sad, I know.

I know that feeling, those AC games suck you into their world and you don't want to leave. I thought about how it would be like to live in those times, particularly the early 1500s. I also thought a lot about looking up my own history since playing the series and found out that my family originated from Landshut, Germany and that my earliest ancestor was a master brewer that received his own coat of arms. How cool is that?

Yeah i know the feeling. You do get sucked in to their world and forget about what is going on around you for a while. As each series has come along, it gets better. Just finished Brotherhood and can't wait for Revelations. I think Altair from the first AC makes a cameo in this one.

Yeah thought so. Looks like this one will be the last one.

It is ;)

Of this "series" anyway - they said they're doing three games of Ezio (this is the third) and then moving on to a different time period/someone new

It is ;)

Of this "series" anyway - they said they're doing three games of Ezio (this is the third) and then moving on to a different time period/someone new

Thats great then. I actually thought AC was over. :cool:

Thats great then. I actually thought AC was over. :cool:

I'm hoping the series sticks around for as long as possible... If they keep improving/adjusting like they have so far they've easily got another 2-3 games in the series. And the time periods definitely help to stop the games becoming too similar.

I'm hoping the series sticks around for as long as possible... If they keep improving/adjusting like they have so far they've easily got another 2-3 games in the series. And the time periods definitely help to stop the games becoming too similar.

You'll be happy to know that in an interview with G4, one of the producers mentioned AC as a yearly series similar to how sports ***les are released. I guess they have a lot in mind, but I just wonder how it will work in the long run as they can't stretch the Desmond story too long or it will kill the series. I think they'll end that at the end of AC3, but then what? Perhaps a new modern day character will be introduced?

Yeah the time periods will be the key as to how far this series goes. Personally i'd like to see it set in Ancient Rome or Greece as a beginning of the Assasins Creed.

Latest posts