• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Assassin's Creed

was just looking on eb games australia site for something else and saw that this game is delayed till the 21st due to shipping issues.

well this is getting mixed reviews from all angles

ranging from 7 thru to 10's

proceed with caution, i am unsure now

well this is getting mixed reviews from all angles

ranging from 7 thru to 10's

proceed with caution, i am unsure now
[/b]

I am unsure too. The reviews that are giving it 10 are a joke anyway. They still list flaws in the game, therefore it shouldn't recieve a 10.

i think i will cave in........i have already paid for it, but can get something else, but i dont want anything else really, but the rviews are a let down of what is anticipated a GOTY contender

It does sound like a few reviews have more issues with the drawn out, protracted style of the missions - which may actually be a plus point for some.

I still think it sounds great, and the issues with the AI waiting and attacking you one by one shouldn't really be a problem if you play like a 'proper' assassin and don't get yourself surrounded.

Might be another one to snap up second hand when some action addict gets bored of the slower pace...

ok i have had it 1 night

It’s a good game and I am enjoying it a lot

Very different……like a mix between grand theft free roam to some sword chop game, add in some splinter cell stealth, scaling buildings like Sam Fisher, and jumping/leaping like Mario, and you have AC

The storyline is bizarre to say the least, and I wont say anything to anyone until they get the game, but this needs 2 more editions I feel, as it is a trilogy, and I wouldn’t be happy with just this one.

Controls are complex city at first but now I am getting the hang of it, I am looking more like the pros videos, we see from developers.

MASSIVE ENVIRONMENT……I think bigger than Oblivion, what I have unlocked thus far is already larger than any GTA map

I think the issue with this game that everyone has, is the overall expectation

It’s a quality game but sub-par when compared to Mass Effect and CoD4…..these 2 games have raised the bar, and anything less will be deemed a 7 or 8/10 game, which is what the reviews have given

From what I have played I would give it an 8/10 (I rate CoD4 9.5/10 my fave game at the mo)……….but this AC score could be raised, as the storyline get more compelling and I piece the puzzles â€" there is more than meets the eye with storyline, its not your average plot.

I read how people fall away from this game with more play, from repetition……I can semi see why, but on the other side, I want to know more on the story. The story grabs you, the missions don’t grab you until u have completed them, as only then you realise what u have done looking back on the missions…….like I did all the pre- assassinate missions â€" about 6 of them….got all these clues which seemed pointless at first, as it was all over the shop, (the clues given were not in order, so I was confused), then I hit pause, and then they are in order, in the pause menu, so you can ascertain whats going on with the target, what do to best in ways of killing him and your approach.

If this game was released 2 months ago it would have gotton a good 9 consistantly, across the WEB……..but it was delayed and delayed and delayed and released in the wake of CoD4, Halo, Mass Effect, Orange Box, Bioshock, and as such has suffered in expectations.

Quality game, but in better company overall genre’s aside.

BUT, I can do whatever i want, when i want..........FREE ROAMING

Great chill out game, i can sit back at my own pace, and soak it all in......cigarette in hand, unlike most other games

I got the game last Friday & it is simply amazing game.

I know it doesn't sound appealing but the climbing up buildings is awesome. No matter how big the buildings are you can climb them. The main part of the game tells you to climb high buildings see your objectives.

The combat system is great, especially the counter attacks. I love the hidden knife, its awesome. Find your target, sneak up & assassinate him from behind & before anyone notices the guys dead, you are up on roof out of sight.

The great thing about roof top access is if your next objective is far away, just climb up on the roofs and run all the way to the objective far more quicker.

The cat & mouse chases are a joy to play. If you start a fight with a guard soldier & flee, they are as agile as you on the roof tops, so with alot of bouncing around various ledges, you need to find a hiding spot otherwise they catch you.

man... reading you guys makes me want to buy a 360 or PS3... and get in trouble with the missus ;) but it looks like that game is the Sh*t

The closest IU can do to buying this game (being broke n'all) is listening to a lot of Massive Attack.

On the plus side however, I'd forgotted quite how utterly wonderful the album Mezzanine is.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-mHVs5gJng&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-mHVs5gJng&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

dude when do you have time to play all these games!!! full on commitment to the cause I tell ya

ok i have had it 1 night

It’s a good game and I am enjoying it a lot

Very different……like a mix between grand theft free roam to some sword chop game, add in some splinter cell stealth, scaling buildings like Sam Fisher, and jumping/leaping like Mario, and you have AC

The storyline is bizarre to say the least, and I wont say anything to anyone until they get the game, but this needs 2 more editions I feel, as it is a trilogy, and I wouldn’t be happy with just this one.

Controls are complex city at first but now I am getting the hang of it, I am looking more like the pros videos, we see from developers.

MASSIVE ENVIRONMENT……I think bigger than Oblivion, what I have unlocked thus far is already larger than any GTA map

I think the issue with this game that everyone has, is the overall expectation

It’s a quality game but sub-par when compared to Mass Effect and CoD4…..these 2 games have raised the bar, and anything less will be deemed a 7 or 8/10 game, which is what the reviews have given

From what I have played I would give it an 8/10 (I rate CoD4 9.5/10 my fave game at the mo)……….but this AC score could be raised, as the storyline get more compelling and I piece the puzzles â€" there is more than meets the eye with storyline, its not your average plot.

I read how people fall away from this game with more play, from repetition……I can semi see why, but on the other side, I want to know more on the story. The story grabs you, the missions don’t grab you until u have completed them, as only then you realise what u have done looking back on the missions…….like I did all the pre- assassinate missions â€" about 6 of them….got all these clues which seemed pointless at first, as it was all over the shop, (the clues given were not in order, so I was confused), then I hit pause, and then they are in order, in the pause menu, so you can ascertain whats going on with the target, what do to best in ways of killing him and your approach.

If this game was released 2 months ago it would have gotton a good 9 consistantly, across the WEB……..but it was delayed and delayed and delayed and released in the wake of CoD4, Halo, Mass Effect, Orange Box, Bioshock, and as such has suffered in expectations.

Quality game, but in better company overall genre’s aside.

BUT, I can do whatever i want, when i want..........FREE ROAMING

Great chill out game, i can sit back at my own pace, and soak it all in......cigarette in hand, unlike most other games
[/b]

when i aint at work

TV sucks so bad these days, unless sport is on

i am either pub or xbox live

i have been saving money of late, so my xbox is becoming my piggy bank means.

like tonight my mates going out full on...all nighter.....i am weighing up, either spending minimal $200.00 on a night out, or not.......and awaking to vote tomorrow, in a clean state of mind....i think the latter, and with AC/CoD4 its too easy.

the quality of game lately would have alot to do with my time on the thing.

My new GF is an internet/pc guru, so she has her digital tech addiction too, so its a good playing field for both of us

I'm not saying I don't have time, but it's hard to get in the zone after a big day of work. The girl and I have broken up so I should be capitalising on this free time!!!

Just bought some big **** off leather theatre recliners and playing PES on the projector!!!

man if I had money I would of been playing super mario galaxy on the wii already. I get paid next week so if things go according to plan should be playing galaxy next weekend. I finally got fifa08 to run this week too. I was over in nz for a few days for my grandad's birthday and Mum gave me some money so I got fifa for $75 nz and uninstalled eadownloader(worst peice of crap ever do not buy any game through it) so will be tearing it up in the A-league as the phoneix very soon once I play a game or too to get the hang of the controls.

anyway on topic I was listening to the wii ign podcast and they mentioned there were some framerate issues on the 360 version of AC and was wondering if you guys had that issue with it yet or not. I was talking to a mate online and he said it also happens on a ps3 too sometimes. Also got into from my mate that it sometimes crashes on load with the firmware 2.0 update for ps3 which the game requires to run. perhaps if CA Iversen sees this thread he might be able to share some input from the ps3 angle on this matter of framerate and the crashing.

Picked this up at the weekend, and despite it competing with the simultaneous purchase of Mass Effect, it actually came off better of the two.

I can understand why people have made comments about it being repetitive - the missions DO follow the same climb a high point/investigate/kill/escape formula, but I think the diversity of options which are presented when going about each mission are fantastic - I could certainly see myself going back and redoing bits.

The control mechanic for free running is fantastic, and I also think that combat, whilst a little basic, is VERY satisfying - the counter kills are a joy every single time. The escape sequences are true adrenaline-pumping craziness. Do you just run? Do you stop and fight a few of your pursuers? I really like the way that Ubisoft have not 'dumbed down' the abilities of the guards so that you are completely safe as soon as you get to the rooftops.

Admittedly I've only had it for a weekend, but I'm certainly keen for more...

Latest posts