• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Auckland squad

M

mimic

Auckland squad
John Afoa, Nick White, Chris Heard, Charlie Faumauina, Saimone Taumoepeau, Lance Poching, Kurtis Haiu, Brad Mika, Stan Haukanima, Jay Williams, Jerome Kaino, Angus Macdonald, Daniel Braid, Onosai Tololima-Auva'a, Steve Devine, Taniela Moa, Lachie Munro, Tasesa Lavea, Jamie Helleur, Sam Tuitupou, Benson Stanley, David Smith, Ben Atiga, Jarek Goebel, Isa Nacewa, Brent Ward

Gone to counties? lol

Fairly good squad, good to see Lance PoChing there, he must've had a good time with the classic All Blacks. Quite a few newbies

Hopefully Sam gets a good last season with Auckland before he goes offshores

Yeah, I was surprised to see Lavea there too.. But according to the NZ Herald, he is.

Do you know Lance? I've always been waiting for him to make it to the Auckland squad. Back when I was playing 1st XV rugby, I always heard he was the next Keven Mealamu.

Tasesa Lavea???

What! [/b]

He's not going to Counties till next year.

I think the Chiefs should demand he sits out the NPC, lest he gets an injury / killed by an enraged fan.

ehhh Taniela Moa!! thats great too see, hes a great player imo, just wish he'd play for tonga
icon1.gif

Ali Williams will get some game time for Auckland next week in the first round to help prepare for the RWC. The other ABs are doubtful they will be released by Henry.

1. Taumoepeau
2. f*** Knows - Whitcombe Hopefully
3. Afoa
4. J. Williams
5. Mika
6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. MacDonald

9. Devine

10. Munro
11. Smith
12. *Suppressed*
13. Atiga
14. Ward
15. Nacewa

Would be the Starting Line Up I'd go for.

Not to shabby... not to shabby at all - One of the best backlines and probably (imo) the Best Backrow in the competition.

Atiga and Ward are solid players but not too exciting to watch. I guess there's Smith and Sammy. They're always entertaining.

Auckland look weak without all blacks :( especially backline
[/b]

Obviously you dont watch many Auckland games.

With or without our All Blacks, we've always managed to do well in the NPC. Hell, we won in 2003 without some of them.

Besides, Rokocoko hasnt played that many NPC to be considered a great loss to us...we have David Smith for cover.

Wellington beat Auckland in their preseason match..
44-21 or something..

I've never been a fan of Angus MacDonald. I can't believe they let guys like Lauaki and Tuiali'i go just for crap players like Angus

This is basically the same backline that only lost 3 games in the 2006 comp. And these games were to Waikato and Canterbury (with their AB's back, which won't be happening this year)

It'll be more than sufficient.

I think it'll be in the forwards that the Air NZ Cup will be won anyway.

44-21 or something..

I've never been a fan of Angus MacDonald. I can't believe they let guys like Lauaki and Tuiali'i go just for crap players like Angus [/b]

Welcome to the wacky world of Auckland rugby.

44-21 or something..
[/b]

Yay yah! :bleh!: ...hehehe...nah, that score sounds right mate but Welly's still rolling over you guys these days recently.

saw them training at unitec, seems like i can do better really lol offense to the boys lol

Latest posts