• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 28 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jun 27 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trinh Duc best option as 10 for sure. Need time and experience, and this session of tests was fortunately positive for this.
Beauxis has a giant foot, but his kicks are not still plenty reliable. I think that not any opponent ignore that he never attacks the line, so here is one of the variation of game we are private of.
He's not sensitive to pressure for sure, but it looks like from me that he's not seen as a real danger ball in hand. Another big issue is how physically fragile he is. There is no match he presents signs problems, when is not in the infirmery...

Michalak is definitely over IMO, and would better see Baby as a spare (like to see him play more oftenly this position in Clermont next year)[/b]

Totally agree, he's the flyhalf that best matches our style of play i reckon. He's going to improve alot, having a lot of gametime next year in Montpellier. Then he should move to a better club to start playing at international level more often.
This means: next year Montpellier, the year after, Toulouse, Clermont, Perpignan, Paris or Biarritz and in 2011 hopefully he's our regular 10.
[/b][/quote]

In that way, I wonder why he hasn't been called in Toulouse this year. In fact I believe Guy Noves is in trouble with the choices he made for the fly half position. A kind of promises to Michalak to keep a place for him after his South African journey (maybe not the guarantee to play here but also as 9), and the recruitment of Skrela as a personnal service to his daddy's duty ??
Whatever, I think the present situation is not comfortable for him today, because none of them will be able to adjust their level to the rest of the team. Moreover they have already reached their best his the past years and, oppositely to Pelous who was able to maintain a high level all along his career, won't stop declining.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jun 28 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jun 28 2009, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Giteau/Barnes combination is really starting to fire.

It isn't a great testament to rugby union in this country that the Brisbane Broncos have a higher home crowd average then the Wallabies so far in 2009.[/b]

They looked dangerous alright but their kicking was a bit all over the gaff (out of hand that is)
[/b][/quote]

In context it was a poor kicking game from both of them, and considering they did ALRIGHT that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was always going to get tested against France, they did well putting pressure on our two play-makers and they were never going to get nailed in their 22 like with what happened to Italy- you look at some of the kicks from those two Italy tests and they were absolutely pinpoint. Apart from the two charge downs the over cooked kicks were near misses, there weren't any real shockers.

Giteau and Barnes will start firing though, if they stay uninjured and improve on an already good platform, they'll be trouble for any opposition. Burgess' service has improved immensely and he's starting to run with intent now, picking his chances quite well. It's probably the most flexible back line we've had in years.