• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand

Well tbh I don't think leaguies would win easily... Union is much more complex than league, there's a lot of parameters you have to be aware of. First of all leaguies don't have the tactical nous Union players have. Then, ball protection and body position when going into contact. The AB's would have a field day ripping the ball out of hands, and turning it over in the rucks. Leaguies may be stronger but it doesn't make everything in Union. Defense positioning may also be a problem, and what about all this sideway runnig you see in RL ?

The league team would win the league half and the union team would win the union half. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 28 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The league team would win the league half and the union team would win the union half. Nothing will convince me otherwise.[/b]

I was basing my opinion on the set of rules advised for the Roos-Wallabies game...

Which is fair enough. But I have seen every cross code match at a professional level over the last decade or so - league batters union at league, and union batters league at union.

The rules however for this one could be totally different. Proposals so far sound horribly complicated for me, but then again I don't understand all this nonense at the ruck or maul in union, so that's no big surprise.

It's very simple mate... When you take the pigsac into comtact, instead of wriggling around you smack the c***. Then, your mates come and smack his mates.

Then their bloke with a number 7 on his back lays all over the ball and wins a turnover.

Rucks and mauls in a nutshell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 28 2008, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Then out of the All Blacks and kangaroos, on their day I'd go the Kangaroos tbh.[/b]

Maybe the skill levels would be slightly higher, but in defence they'd never cope with the ABs rush defence.

And I think Nonu would run over Slater 100 times out of 100. It'd make Lomu on Catt look like an even contest.

Or Slater would just offload the ball to the All Blacks and do their work for them.

EPIC FAIL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 28 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Which is fair enough. But I have seen every cross code match at a professional level over the last decade or so - league batters union at league, and union batters league at union.[/b]

That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

Back on topic....Santa Parade tomorrow in Auckland where Mr T Rophy will make an appearance.

Can't wait to educate foreigners (Americans) visiting NZ at the local pub when the Warriors games are playing next year.....for the next five years.

American:  Wow what is this game?
Me:  Rugby League.
American:  Oh.  It looks quite brutal.  No pads.  That must be tough.
Me:  Not really....you get used to it at a young age
American:  Really.  That really is something.  So who are the best at the world at this game?
Me:  NZ are the world champions.
American:  Wow that is amazing...you Kiwis are a real tough bunch.
Me:  Yeah...well maybe ;)   I dunno....I don't think about it to be quite honest.

:lol: :lol: :bravo: :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Nov 28 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dont like Gould but I thought he was right on for a change! Every game has a few lucky or unlucky moments that could go either way. Usually they go the way of Australia, not this time! But it was by no means won on luck, It just helped put it beyond doubt.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 28 2008, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You make your own luck.[/b]

its a funnt subject. me personally, i think that alot of what the penalties that went our way that the aussies would consider lucky, are actually calls that they didnt get called up on all world cup long. and when they finally get pinged for it (like not being 10m back) etc they dont know what to do. if anything its the "consparicy" of aussies dominating league crumbling.

I think the Aussies got away with conceeding a lot of penalties in their earlier games. I still can't believe Steve Ganson hasn't been vilified for the penalty try decision.

Is Rugby League Australia's top sport?  I know it is bigger than rugby...but is it viewed higher than Aussie Rules?  Higher than Cricket or Soccer?

I can see then why the history of internatinal rugby league has been frought with controversy...NZ English players not being released, NRL kiwis getting harshly suspended for matches that included an upcoming test.  Aussie refs being biased.  

No country wants to lose an international game in a sport that is viewed as the country's number one sport.  Australia cannot afford to lose in their centenary year a world cup final in the sport that they see as their number one sport....to a bunch of boys who learnt the game playing in a few select areas of kiwiland (Otahuhu, Mangere East, Manurewa, Wanuiomata, Canterbury).

Anyway...I downloaded from Youtube the whole game from a BRITISH commentary position.  Quite interesting watching it that way.  There were some hilarious moments.  One was after the final try (Blair) where it showed the stadium screen and the vdieo refs ruling.  When the screen came up "TRY" there was this Aussie couple on the edge of their row.  The guy put his head back in anguish and didn't even notice his woman immediately stand up without saying a word and walk straight out.

Gotta love it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 30 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Rugby League Australia's top sport? I know it is bigger than rugby...but is it viewed higher than Aussie Rules? Higher than Cricket or Soccer?

I can see then why the history of internatinal rugby league has been frought with controversy...NZ English players not being released, NRL kiwis getting harshly suspended for matches that included an upcoming test. Aussie refs being biased.

No country wants to lose an international game in a sport that is viewed as the country's number one sport. Australia cannot afford to lose in their centenary year a world cup final in the sport that they see as their number one sport....to a bunch of boys who learnt the game playing in a few select areas of kiwiland (Otahuhu, Mangere East, Manurewa, Wanuiomata, Canterbury).

Anyway...I downloaded from Youtube the whole game from a BRITISH commentary position. Quite interesting watching it that way. There were some hilarious moments. One was after the final try (Blair) where it showed the stadium screen and the vdieo refs ruling. When the screen came up "TRY" there was this Aussie couple on the edge of their row. The guy put his head back in anguish and didn't even notice his woman immediately stand up without saying a word and walk straight out.

Gotta love it![/b]

How did you download from youtube?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 30 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How did you download from youtube?[/b]
Lol well people on here showed me how....in the end google showed me how.

You copy the address bar of the video you want.

You paste the address on web sites (they are always changing cos they get deleted) such as www.downloader9.com
The web site will then use the address to save it to your computer.

Whatever it gets saved as often it wont be a windows media file.  Though sometimes you can save it to your computer as a flv.  Just have file name example - JONAHLOMULIVES and put flv at the end....so JONAHLOMULIVES.flv

Then you just need to download an flv player to watch it.

Also if you don't want to watch it as an flv player you can download a media CONVERSION programme...which converts anything into whatever you want.  I just convert everything into (windows media player files (wmv).  Just open the conversion programme...select the file and convert it into what you want it to be.

Anyway.....google is the great teacher...I had a thread on this asking questions and everyone here downloads youtube in different ways....each to their own...whatever is easier for you when you study on google.

...and yes...I have downloaded tonnes of stuff from youtube off my wireless work server, wireless cafe servers (sometimes sitting outside a cafe late at night) and even random drive around the neighbourhood looking for an unsecured network from someones house.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 30 2008, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 30 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You paste the address on web sites (they are always changing cos they get deleted) such as www.downloader9.com

Whatever it gets saved as often it wont be a windows media file. Though sometimes you can save it to your computer as a flv. Just have file name example - JONAHLOMULIVES and put flv at the end....so JONAHLOMULIVES.flv

Also if you don't want to watch it as an flv player you can download a media CONVERSION programme...which converts anything into whatever you want. I just convert everything into (windows media player files (wmv). Just open the conversion programme...select the file and convert it into what you want it to be.

Anyway.....google is the great teacher...I had a thread on this asking questions and everyone here downloads youtube in different ways....each to their own...whatever is easier for you when you study on google.

...and yes...I have downloaded tonnes of stuff from youtube off my wireless work server, wireless cafe servers (sometimes sitting outside a cafe late at night) and even random drive around the neighbourhood looking for an unsecured network from someones house.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks GG

I've downloaded a few origin videos and I want to make a state of origin video. I've got a state of origin DVD (2000-2007) and I'm wondering how to get the contents of the DVD and burn it onto my computer, then make the video. I've got that program Nero but I'm not too sure what to do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 30 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 30 2008, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 30 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatever it gets saved as often it wont be a windows media file. Though sometimes you can save it to your computer as a flv. Just have file name example - JONAHLOMULIVES and put flv at the end....so JONAHLOMULIVES.flv

Also if you don't want to watch it as an flv player you can download a media CONVERSION programme...which converts anything into whatever you want. I just convert everything into (windows media player files (wmv). Just open the conversion programme...select the file and convert it into what you want it to be.

[/b][/quote]

Thanks GG

I've downloaded a few origin videos and I want to make a state of origin video. I've got a state of origin DVD (2000-2007) and I'm wondering how to get the contents of the DVD and burn it onto my computer, then make the video. I've got that program Nero but I'm not too sure what to do.

[/b][/quote]
I haven't copied from a DVD before but from what others have told me Nero can do it quite easily.  I don't have Nero so I wouldn't know.  I am not that good at making videos from video footage....you might have to start a whole new thread on it.

Or....Mr Google

Hey guys, I cant even find a the full game on youtube, and I still havent seen it yet so if you could tell me what to search for that would be great.