• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand

I'd just like to take this time to point how much of loser Karmichael Hunt must feel now. Chose to play for the Aussies over NZ so he could win more. Lol, now we have the world cup, so here's a big f*** YOU Khunt!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 24 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd just like to take this time to point how much of loser Karmichael Hunt must feel now. Chose to play for the Aussies over NZ so he could win more. Lol, now we have the world cup, so here's a big f*** YOU Khunt![/b]

He chose to play for Australia so he could play for origin.

Moron.

i have no problem with the motm award to Lockyer, he played great. But I must confess I enjoyed his speech at the end...he was absolutely gutted.

but, like the All Blacks, the Kangaroos didn't choke, they just came out against a team with nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Kiwis developed well during the tournament, whereas the Kangaroos had nothing but practice matches. Saying the Kangaroos choked takes it away from the Kiwis, who played the game of their collective lives. There's some irony after all the in-fighting last year and this that the NZRL now has what can only be described as their most successful team of all time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 24 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 24 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd just like to take this time to point how much of loser Karmichael Hunt must feel now. Chose to play for the Aussies over NZ so he could win more. Lol, now we have the world cup, so here's a big f*** YOU Khunt![/b]

Moron.
[/b][/quote]

Touchy touchy!!!

No ****. He still picked AUS over his home country though, what a nimrod.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot......

8112203AU.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 24 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 24 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 24 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moron.
[/b][/quote]

Touchy touchy!!!

[/b][/quote]

So did:
Tonie Carroll
Brad Thorn

Just so they could play for Queensland. Must say something about representing Queensland at State of Origin if they are willing to give up playing for the country they were born in to play for them!

Well done to the Kiwis, you deserve the world cup. But why would Karmichael feel like a loser? He's Australian. He knocked back numoures NZ jerseys where he would've been an automatic selection instead waiting 2-3 years being loyal to his adopted country. He said himself it would be disrectful to QLD and Aus to turn his back on the place he learnt all his rugby league skills in. This bloke also knocked back $100,000 a year to stay with the Broncos.. great to finally see some loyalty in our game isn't it?
I just think your comment was not necessary, quite immature and disrespectful to Karmichael Hunt.

DURR what about Nathan Fien. Lied about having a kiwi grandmother just so he could play for NZ, because he has no chance of ever playing for his home country Australia. What a f***ing ******!

Watched the replay................again,

What I find the most pleasing aspect of the game is that the composure and patience NZ showed. In the first half it was errors galore from the Kiwis, I'll point out as far as I can remember:
- Benji not scoring the try
- Benji not finding touch from penalty
- Benji over cooking the kick restart
- Hohaia dropping the catch from the restart
- Benji knocking the ball on in the tackle from 10 meters from the Kangaroo try line after getting to that position from 2 consecutive penalties.

Usually with his many errors in the first half the Kiwis would hit rock bottom and concede the game. But they didn't. They stayed in the game with some good defense and attack

In the second half they hardly made any mistakes, pressured Kangaroos and convincingly won the 2nd half 22-4.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 24 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 24 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 24 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moron.
[/b][/quote]

Touchy touchy!!!

[/b][/quote]

So did:
Tonie Carroll
Brad Thorn

Just so they could play for Queensland. Must say something about representing Queensland at State of Origin if they are willing to give up playing for the country they were born in to play for them!

Well done to the Kiwis, you deserve the world cup. But why would Karmichael feel like a loser? He's Australian. He knocked back numoures NZ jerseys where he would've been an automatic selection instead waiting 2-3 years being loyal to his adopted country. He said himself it would be disrectful to QLD and Aus to turn his back on the place he learnt all his rugby league skills in. This bloke also knocked back $100,000 a year to stay with the Broncos.. great to finally see some loyalty in our game isn't it?
I just think your comment was not necessary, quite immature and disrespectful to Karmichael Hunt.

DURR what about Nathan Fien. Lied about having a kiwi grandmother just so he could play for NZ, because he has no chance of ever playing for his home country Australia. What a f***ing ******!
[/b][/quote]

Well that's your problem, you have to be able to accept other people have different opinions from your own. That being said, your "moron" comment was out of line.

I have no problems with Khunt playing for Australia, all my comment meant was that I bet he had thoughts running through his head of the day he pledged allegiance to Australia.

At least Nathan Fien had the sense to play for a champion team....

The moment that ended the Kangaroos hopes.

A few centimetres short and Smith would have missed the ankle tap....Thurston would be away....but he just clipped his right leg....a few sconds later Thurston has crashed to the turf and spills the ball.

man i live in sydney and...i dont see any smiling faces????or even a big headline in the newspaper....

LOL

ahahahahahahaahahaha ill be smokin n tokin to the kiwis....one of the best games of rugby league i have ever seen.,,,,,

by the way isaac luke shoulda got the man of the match, watchin him pull off some clean hits...

man i cant stop laughing...if its the hydro or the fact that aussie lost...i cant get over it

loving this thread - kiwis are alive - world cup glory!!

khunt is crap - hasnt got anything on slater or b stewart - he shouldnt have made the aussie team

campese was the utility they all forgot, and ricky stuart is a **** - big game coach choker

roosters 1 from 3
sharks
now australia

ricky stuarts position should be reviewed - and gaf the gimp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 25 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

khunt is crap - hasnt got anything on slater or b stewart - he shouldnt have made the aussie team

campese was the utility they all forgot, and ricky stuart is a **** - big game coach choker

roosters 1 from 3
sharks
now australia

ricky stuarts position should be reviewed - and gaf the gimp[/b]

Yes, Khunt is crap. He does that same ridiculously gay "skip-jump" every time he returns the ball. It's like, yeah pal... you're not kidding anyone with that pathetic step anymore.

I'd also like to add that Paul Gallen is the biggest meat sack on the planet. I mean, does anyone like this guy? Does he actually have any friends?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 24 2008, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

roosters 1 from 3
sharks
now australia

ricky stuarts position should be reviewed - and gaf the gimp[/b]

As long as they leave him with the Sharks - One less contender for the rest of us to worry about

8112203AU.jpg

A bit of history on the Trophy....or as the Kiwis now affectionately call it Mr T. Rophy.

T. Rophy was created by the French in 1954 for the first Rugby League World Cup.  My question is....have the French ever won a World Cup?

Anyway I wonder if they will have a parade for the Kiwis aka World Champions of Rugby League?  Probably not.....I think the NZRL barely had enough money to pay for the teams airfares and accomadation lol!  

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 25 2008, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
8112203AU.jpg

A bit of history on the Trophy....or as the Kiwis now affectionately call it Mr T. Rophy.

T. Rophy was created by the French in 1954 for the first Rugby League World Cup.  My question is....have the French ever won a World Cup?

Anyway I wonder if they will have a parade for the Kiwis aka World Champions of Rugby League?  Probably not.....I think the NZRL barely had enough money to pay for the teams airfares and accomadation lol!  [/b]

No, they were runners up in 1954.

Australia 9 wins England 3 (Though I dispute one of them) New Zealand 1 (They had made the finals twice. I do like the T Rophy though similar to Australia refering to saving "Old Bill" when talking about the Rugby World Cup Trophy.

Why did the NZ League have to pay airfairs? Most of the side live in the Western Island already :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wizard From Oz @ Nov 26 2008, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why did the NZ League have to pay airfairs? Most of the side live in the Western Island already :eek:[/b]
Yeah only four came back to NZ....paying for those four blew the budget :p

they are actually planning a parade. From my understanding the pirtek sponsorship was quite lucrative and put much needed money into the NZRL coffers. They are also hopefully going to take it on tour with their kids to kiwis program next year.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2332167
Public chance to see trophy
The New Zealand Rugby League is investigating the possibility of a street parade as it looks to celebrate the Kiwis' historic Rugby League World Cup success against Australia in Brisbane on Saturday night.
"We have developed a Kids to Kiwis programme which we are looking to launch in the New Year. It would make a lot of sense to have the World Cup trophy worked into the tiki tour we have planned."
In the meantime keen fans can visit the museum or check out the trophy at the Auckland Santa parade this Sunday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 25 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wizard From Oz @ Nov 26 2008, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did the NZ League have to pay airfairs? Most of the side live in the Western Island already :eek:[/b]
Yeah only four came back to NZ....paying for those four blew the budget :p
[/b][/quote]

Wow Air New Zealand must have really jacked the prices since I last flew with them.

Fantastic airline by the way :bravo: