• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand

Did anyone see Faalogos pace when he swooped on the loose ball from Marshall? His pace meant that Jerome Ropati in support could keep clear of the Wolfman who was struggling to stay with them. Great how Faalogo moved to the left away from Ropati so that Slater could only choose to take one of them. When you watch the replay you will see that Faalogo has nice longish strides.

What a haka!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UuXmk4tVoSE

The Kangaroos need to take lessons from the french rugby team at the RWC on how to stand up to a haka.  Jittering around shows nervouseness....they have to stand dead still like rugby teams do and just stare back unflinching.

The Aussies do well to move up...however...

At 1.01 Civoneciva has a change of heart and doesn't want to go any closer.  He then proceeds to spend the entire haka looking over the tops of the Kiwis heads rather than staring them down square in the eyes.

Billy Slater at 1.08 looks so uncomfortable he can't just stand there and his face looks like he is either gonna laugh or cry.  Inglis who is two places to his right is trying his best to keep it together.

The number 11 netween Folau and Lockyer at 1.13 looks so uncomfortable he looks like he is going to wet his shorts.

Watch Folaus eyes at 1.18...he gets spooked by Marshall and is feeling very uncomfortable and starts looking all over the place.  Lol.....HE GOT SPOOKED!!!!!

At 1.23 Lockyer and the number 11 are so spooked they nervously bump into each other...they can't see where they are walking and accidentally have an intimate moment almost finding each others mouths and genitals lol!  

It would be fair to say that after the Haka the NZ players new that the Aussies had been spooked and lost the challenge.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LMAO @ gay-guy

australia ya chokers....new zealand played hectic!!!!

i think the haka got to australia...

One of the best games i have seen in ages! go the kiwis! australia by 97 HA! wolfman to tame the beast HA! Australia to win the world cup Ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha HA! one of the best feelings seeing the look on those aussies faces when the boys ran away with the game. Inglis to carve up the kiwis Ha! New Zealand dont play for acolaydes but they cant help being the undesputed rugby league champions of the world! HA HA HA eat S&!t Aussie! And my boxes of alchol i will be drinking will taste all that much better knowing i got it from some die hard aussie chumps!

GG Bro, getting a bit carried away with the analysis don't ya think..lol!.:p

We won, they lost. 'nuff said.

Great stuff keep it coming.:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 23 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GG Bro, getting a bit carried away with the analysis don't ya think..lol!. :p

Great stuff keep it coming. :)[/b]
Haha yeah true true.

Before this game this was the combined scores for the Kangaroos against all the teams they played.
Kangaroos - 180
The Rest - 16

That is slightly above a ten to one ratio.  If things went according to form then for every point the Kiwis got the Kangaroos should get ten in reply.  Therefore keeping to form the Kangaroos should have responded to the Kiwis 34 with 340 points of their own.

Really a star studded Kangaroo squad only managing 4 points in the second half is getting close to the time they did not get any points in a final.

Anyway...I expect to see lots of guys who look out of place hanging around up the road this week.  When I mean out of place I mean white guys in flash cars driving around in Otahuhu.  They will be patrolling the streets looking for any Maun Vatuvei lookalikes and offering them a free trip to live in Sydney.  It might be a scout frenzy happening here lol!

Still laughing at the Wolfman getting owned.  Did anyone here the "thump" when his face hit the turf?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 23 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 23 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GG Bro, getting a bit carried away with the analysis don't ya think..lol!. :p

Great stuff keep it coming. :)[/b]
Haha yeah true true.

Before this game this was the combined scores for the Kangaroos against all the teams they played.
Kangaroos - 180
The Rest - 16

That is slightly above a ten to one ratio. If things went according to form then for every point the Kiwis got the Kangaroos should get ten in reply. Therefore keeping to form the Kangaroos should have responded to the Kiwis 34 with 340 points of their own.

Really a star studded Kangaroo squad only managing 4 points in the second half is getting close to the time they did not get any points in a final.

Anyway...I expect to see lots of guys who look out of place hanging around up the road this week. When I mean out of place I mean white guys in flash cars driving around in Otahuhu. They will be patrolling the streets looking for any Maun Vatuvei lookalikes and offering them a free trip to live in Sydney. It might be a scout frenzy happening here lol!

Still laughing at the Wolfman getting owned. Did anyone here the "thump" when his face hit the turf?
[/b][/quote]

Whats wrong with Wolfman? At least he was ballsy enough to run straight at the opposition defence (which was Manu most of the time) unlike Hohioa or Monaghan or stupid enough to run blindside against the Beast.

GG we get it. Australia choked, NZ deservedly won, end of story.

Awww...come one! You have to let us have our once a century rub it in. This will take months to get over because it hasn't happened ever to us. Throughout history we have played second fiddle to either the English or the Kangaroos or both. The expectations were that the Kiwis were gonna just be part of the equation of the Kangaroos dominance. They had even tailored made Lockyer to get MOTM for this game to cap such a fine career.

The entire Kangaroo team are in another league. Seeing them looking lost is priceless for a kiwi. Wolfman is a fantastic player...which is why it is so rare to see black jerseys getting over him...we Kiwis must take this opportunity and savour it cos it is extremely rare.

Haha...well we won't win 5 years from now....we only win on "Centenary" years.

Oh did I say the Centenary year of rugby league????? You only win those once every 100 years. Looks like Lockyer has to wait "4 more years"...wait whats that...no make that 100 more years to get a Centenary World Cup victory.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 23 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GG we get it. Australia choked, NZ deservedly won, end of story.[/b]

Give over.

We aren't all as lucky as you. This is the first time New Zealand have won the world cup. England haven't won the world cup since well before I was born. GG and the Kiwis deserve to celebrate their success yesterday for days, weeks, months and years to come.

Thanks for those pictures Gay Guy. I intend to use some of them, starring Billy Slater, on commemorative t-shirts to celebrate the saving of international league.

Thanks guys. Watched highlights on youtube about ten times over. Awsome game, hopefully it will come out on dvd so i can watch the whole thing one day!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 23 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would suggest a DVD release is a certainty.[/b]

Do they have that sort of technology over there - I thought the South Island was still on betamax ;)

Well done kiwis
I am shocked
Regarded as the greatest roo team of all time â€" pull off the biggest chokes of all time
I had a feeling NZ could win
They won the tri-nations â€" they now have Wayne Bennet lurking
Warriors finished of the season with much improvement
Australia was on a cloud of laziness â€" when you play PnG and Fiji and romp them, coming up against a hungry kiwi team you have to show up
We didn’t â€" NZ wanted it more and now reap the spoils
Whilst its good for the game â€" I was never really interested in the world cup apart from the minnows battling eachother
About 55mins in the final I got that feeling of uncertainty, and was a great spectacle

NZ League > NZ Union

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 24 2008, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
About 55mins in the final I got that feeling of uncertainty[/b]
Oh we been there lol! Every four years since 1991 we have experienced that dreaded game over feeling.

yeah what a great game. everything about it was great. great haka. its not often (i think) i comment on a haka. but that one, you knew it would be a good game. its good how the aussies stept up to it. but they were ******** themselves. you saw all of their faces drop really.

the ref was outstanding imo. called right all game long. pefect example, that bumbling try of the kiwis, where it got knocked back off vatuvai, then foward off the foot of a kiwis player onto an aussie then picked up. 5/6 years ago i remember ali lauatiti dropping a ball onto his foot and it being a knock on, simmillarly a dropped ball that went behind. seeing knock ons that are called proplerly is very refreshing.

however the what-the?'s for me were a) what was up with the guy singing the nz anthem? seriously, someone youtube that!

and B) i dont know if anyone has mentioned it before, but whats up with lockyer geting player of the game, and slater player of the torlement. i can accept slater, but lockyer? this is the first time off memory that the losing team has had a potg. infact, i thought only the winning team could. its a sham. if they decide at half time, they should choose a player from each team. i dont know names, but the kiwis #14 should have got it, (goal kicker before marshall started) he was in their face all game. it just seems odd thats all. and a bit selfish of the aussies (along with boo'ing of the reffs) you could see that he was ashamed of getting it when he did his speach.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 24 2008, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would suggest a DVD release is a certainty.[/b]

I'm part of a group on another forum that has already emailed the NZRL chairman asking if this could be made a reality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambãd5 @ Nov 23 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and B) i dont know if anyone has mentioned it before, but whats up with lockyer geting player of the game, and slater player of the torlement. i can accept slater, but lockyer? this is the first time off memory that the losing team has had a potg. infact, i thought only the winning team could. its a sham. if they decide at half time, they should choose a player from each team. i dont know names, but the kiwis #14 should have got it, (goal kicker before marshall started) he was in their face all game. it just seems odd thats all. and a bit selfish of the aussies (along with boo'ing of the reffs) you could see that he was ashamed of getting it when he did his speach.[/b]

Here is an article that explains what happened

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl...5-14823,00.html

I have seen loosing teams pick up man of the match awards before, but it is fairly rare