• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Nov 23 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm a robot, such things are foriegn to me.[/b]
All robots need to be regularly turned on and greased.

<div align='center'><span style=\'font-family: "Verdana"\'>KIWIS are the RUGBY LEAGUE CHAMPIONS of the WORLD!!!!!!!</span>
</div>

Well done to the Kiwis, who I honestly was rooting for! No offense to the Aussies, but I had to go with the underdogs here. Regardless, it was a great match.
I had the English commentators who ****** me off...especially when it came to the penalty try. I have to say, I agree with the video ref on that one. Regardless those guys are *****. Having said that, I've watched plenty of NRL and can say the same for their colleagues.
This RLWC has really turned me on to the world of league. I still put union as my preference, but I'll definitely be following more league in the future, much to the happiness of a Mr. Dan.
Congrats to the Kiwis, you've done in league what you can't do in Union.

great for the game of league in nz and internationally. I was getting nervous there when inglis scored to bring the scores back to 22-20. I would like to thank both slater and monnaghan for gitfing the kiwis 8 points. fien has really shone in this world cup and young benji played one of his best games in the kiwis jumper for a long time. Aus may win the next 9 tests in a row against us but until 2013 the Kiwis are world champions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Nov 23 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
great for the game of league in nz and internationally. I was getting nervous there when inglis scored to bring the scores back to 22-20. I would like to thank both slater and monnaghan for gitfing the kiwis 8 points. fien has really shone in this world cup and young benji played one of his best games in the kiwis jumper for a long time. Aus may win the next 9 tests in a row against us but until 2013 the Kiwis are world champions.[/b]

I hope the Kiwis can continue winning in ANZAC test matches in the future. They now have a formula, "Smash em' Ball Players". Kangaroos (or the media) said that they would smash Benji, but it was Thurston who got smashed more often. This is not a one time thing.

Benji Marshall was awesome in the second half, he didn't try too hard, just played a flowing game.
Loved the mini battles between Isaac Luke and the 'Wolfman' right from the Haka up until Isaac smashed him in the tackle where Wolfman coughed up the ball.

Combined with the failure of the AB's failure at last years wc, will the Warriors succesful season and New Zealands win last night will youngsters turn to league? ARU need to capatalise on this. Get the Wallabies with Robbie Deans (Equivilant of Wayne Bennent) to win the 2011 RWC so union becomes the dominant rugby code!

Whats with the Poms going on about "Arrogant Aussies"?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nik @ Nov 22 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hope the Kiwis can continue winning in ANZAC test matches in the future. They now have a formula, "Smash em' Ball Players". Kangaroos (or the media) said that they would smash Benji, but it was Thurston who got smashed more often. This is not a one time thing.[/b]

Thurstson is way to fragile a player - Emotionally anything goes agaisnt him and he blows his wad for the rest of the game. Marshal in particular has made an industry of getting under his skin over the years.

And I think you are right about the on going impact this game will have. New Zealand always had the ability to beat Australia, it was their free flowing style and occasional lack of focus that brought them undone. Bennett has given them the tools for the mental side, and the game plan to take advantage of their style.

Just watching the replay for the 3rd time and that Haka gets me pumped every time I see it and knowing the result makes it that much more special.:)

I still can't believe it...World fricken Champions!!!. All I need now is for the Warriors to clean up a premiership next season and that'll do me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 22 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just watching the replay for the 3rd time and that Haka gets me pumped every time I see it and knowing the result makes it that much more special.:)

I still can't believe it...World fricken Champions!!!. All I need now is for the Warriors to clean up a premiership next season and that'll do me.[/b]

Would the West's Tigers do - they have enough Kiwis :eek:

Just watched 6 minutes worth of highlights

http://www.bigpondtv.com/rlwc08

As soon as I saw the Kiwi jerseys the team looked VERY different...it was like the black kiwi jersey had a shiny tint to them.  Funny how the jersey of champions looks impressive.  When they walked on last night the jersey did not look that good.  But now it stands for so many superlatives.

The highlights have the Aussie commentators...who I feel are world class...very unbiased.

One of the aussie commentators had said before the game that NZ would need to score 30 points to win.  In other words NZ would have to score more points than all the teams points combined against the Kangaroos. 

NZ are the team which show they mean business with the haka...some of the Aussies actually look uncomfotable with the haka...that prop for NZ is going hard out lol!

NZ show they can match their haka with the first attacking foray and grubber kicking early in the tackle count.  The Kangaroos are caught off guard and Marshall loses the ball trying to force it.  However it is a bit of a wake up call for the Kangaroos.

The Kangaroos too have turned up to play...you really see their class in the opening minutes...they are taking no prisoners.  They get to a ten point lead...Lockyer spills what should have been a try and an 18 point lead.  Regardless it is all Kangaroo class on the field.

The one thing the Kangaroos probably did not expect was to see the Kiwis get up off the mat.  When the kiwis score two tries to take the lead 12-10 it would have started to create doubts in the minds of the Aussies.  A bully starts to lose confidence when challenged....until eventually his worse nightmare becomes a reality.  The Kangaroos should have kept their foot on the neck of the Kiwis at 10-0.  However just like the English they begin to worry when the Kiwis squirm out from under them and refuse to lie down.

The Kangaroos again show their class when they score the try of the game to take the lead into the break 16-12.  It is here in the second half that Australia should have put the squeeze on and built on their lead.  The only problem is that the second half where they normally score the majority of their points in previous games....here incredibly they only put in 4 points!  This is in contrast to the Kiwis who score in the second half 22 points!

Some great highlights in the second half...some big hits...the tackle on the Wolfman where they take him over the sideline and knock him out has to be a classic...then someone throws the ball at him while he is in Disneyland lol!  Yeah killllllll!!!!!!

Hohaia should have got MOTM.  In the first half he catches Slater.  In the second he saves a usually certain Folau try.  He also shows how to score from 5 metres out when he steps in Lockyer and despite Slaters attention he still manages to get the ball down.  Folau should realise and take note that size doesn't matter from 5 metres out if you have good technique.  Hohaia did the same against the English powering over through bigger defenders you would think that Aussie would have taken note.

The penalty try was brilliant and if Hohaia had gotten the ball and scored then it would have highlighted the fact that he should have been MOTM.  The ball is passed to Benji for the usual cross field bomb for Vatuvei.  The Aussie commentators say "NZ need to come up with something special" and right on cue as if they are listening they do....Marshall cancels the kick and passes it left to Fien...who then runs it with players in the right...but instead of passing it he grubbers it...with HOHAIA running the chase from the inside....Monahan misses the ball and takes Hohaia out...penalty try.

Billy Slaters EPIC FAIL was simply......pressure.  NZ played the percentages...did less handling errors like they (Thurston EPIC FAIL) like they did against the English...completed their sets...and Fiens HUGE kicking game (see Stacy watch and learn) made sure the Aussies had to work their way upfield.

The comedic events that conspired to allow NZ to score their match sealing try was very similar to the last two tries against England.  Lots of bumbling around on the left wing.  The Wolfman must have still been suffering from concussion.

The last 3 minutes had the Kiwis doing some big shoulder hits as they were simply rubbing it in.  When Slater did his run the ball and throw the behind the body pass near the end and it goes out the commentators started talking about how the Kangaroos looked so well oiled leading up to the game but when under pressure nothing could stick.

The post match celebration shows Vatuvei immediately hunting out Bennet first to hug.  Bennet has been known to instill confidence in young men and no doubt Vatuvei would have been letting him know how much it meant to him as a player.  Quite touching.

Anyway this streamed video is very good because they have music at the end with the highlights.

Cheers for that Gay-Guy. The Aussie league commentators are far more entertaining to listen to than our motley crew.

<div align='center'>Woohooo some pics!
</div>

Billy Slater EPIC FAIL....can't stop the big guy.

Billy Slater EPIC FAIL...can't stop the little guy.

Billy Slater EPIC FAIL...can't get past the big guy.

Wolfman EPIC FAIL...well at least he looked fast in the first half when he is scoring.

Israel Folau EPIC FAIL....surely he should be able to get through Hohaia??????

Monahan EPIC FAIL...well you have to stop the Kiwis somehow.

The weird thing is that the Kiwis had previously attempted to book a seat with the name T Rophy. Air New Zealand said no. When the Kiwis won Air New Zealand quickly gave up a seat in business class.

Did you see that guy who sang the national athem??? He was seriously hard out lol!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 23 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The weird thing is that the Kiwis had previously attempted to book a seat with the name T Rophy. Air New Zealand said no. When the Kiwis won Air New Zealand quickly gave up a seat in business class.

Did you see that guy who sang the national athem??? He was seriously hard out lol!!!!!![/b]

:lol: Geoff Sewell? What a fairy eh, he's sung a few anthems for the All Blacks and always goes hard out. First time I saw him I thought it was Percy Montgomery singing our anthem lol.

hey guys, Im in japan ATM and still havent seen any highlights. Gay guy, that link you posted takes me to the right place and then redirects me and I can t watch it. Am i doing something wrong? Driving me nuts not being able to se any of this.

dam kiwis :( the aussies looking rattled, but Aussies are professional and get it together. In the end they make it look easy, but can't convert either, 22-20 to NZ.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Nov 23 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey guys, Im in japan ATM and still havent seen any highlights. Gay guy, that link you posted takes me to the right place and then redirects me and I can t watch it. Am i doing something wrong? Driving me nuts not being able to se any of this.[/b]
Are you browing in Explorer?  Perhaps it is better to just cut and paste it in your address bar.  Do you have pop ups disabled?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Nov 23 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey guys, Im in japan ATM and still havent seen any highlights. Gay guy, that link you posted takes me to the right place and then redirects me and I can t watch it. Am i doing something wrong? Driving me nuts not being able to se any of this.[/b]

Bro, you're probably out of range or something. Try youtube.

If you can't get the big pond site then youtube has in high quality the highlights....a bit shorter though

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKNZabTsFM