• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs Samoa Predictions

Get it right up there!

Samoa were immense, iplayed their hearts out and thoroughly deserved the win

Two words fellas, two words.

NO DEPTH!!!

Australia's no 1 line up is excellent, but when they leave just a few players out, they are vulnerable.

Outstanding and deserved win to Samoa, a real red letter day in their rugby history. This is probably even more significant than their wins over Wales in the RWC, because this has happened in the professional era.

Insane result, the Samoan defense was just incredible. I'd expect Aus to bounce back against SA next week though.

Ah, I don't think Rocky realized the irony of one of his comments in that interview

"We would like to have been a little sharper in the line-outs"

:p

Two words fellas, two words.

NO DEPTH!!!

Australia's no 1 line up is excellent, but when they leave just a few players out, they are vulnerable.

So kind of like New Zealand when they don't have Carter and McCaw?

Lose 1 game and we have no depth..... I'd say the only real problem is we have absolutly useless players like Rocky Elsom and Stephen Moore on the field...

The problem today was that Australia didn't go out there to play rugby, they went out there to give the Samoans tackling practice. It was all so one dimensional, hit it up and pass it to the centres, while running sideways giving away everything. Not one tactical kick all game, it was a joke. What was Giteau thinking out there.

Anyway, we needed that loss (if the players thought how they played today was somehow acceptable at test level). And we can weed out the passengers (ie: Gerrard). Elsom played alright in the second half, but how many ball running loosies do we need? Davis had a complete shocker, he let his man past so many times, and kept slipping up in attack.

Good win for Samoa, they will be hard to beat at the world cup. We will need a full strength side to beat them in the Quater Finals.

No doubt. I wanna see the Higgenbotham/Wykes 10/12 partnership for 2015.

HAPPIEST MAN IN AUSTRLIa....LIL drunk but I DONT CARE....HAPPIEST MAN IN AUSTRALIA..the SMALLEST of DAVIDS beat the BIGGEST of GOLIATHS today and it just goes to show that HEART and SELF BELIEF can OVERCOME ANYTHING...CHOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

So kind of like New Zealand when they don't have Carter and McCaw?

Not at all. We will play a near completely second string team against Fiji and we will still win comfortably.

Lose 1 game and we have no depth..... I'd say the only real problem is we have absolutely useless players like Rocky Elsom and Stephen Moore on the field...

Come off it mate. Samoa are not exactly a powerhouse of world rugby are they. You should be able to put Australia "A" up against them, and still win.

I say Australia lacks depth. That is my opinion, and I am sticking with it. As evidence, a present you Samoa 32 - Australia 23. I also present you the fact that the Melbourne Rebels need to have special ARU exemptions to allow them to play a lot of foreign imported players in their team. Why would they do that unless they knew that they didn't have enough Australians to fill the spots?

Im so proud to be Samoan its not funny. This is just magnificent, we have always led the way for the Pacific Islanders and I hope this win inspires the other Island nations to really stand up.

Thank you God.

And yes I DID predict a Samoan victory.

Congrats to all the Samoans on the site. I'm waiting for a replay now. While this win can only be good for rugby as a gloal sport I am a bit dissapointed that the Aussies will probably not be overly confident against the Bok B team now. I was hoping Aus complacency might be a 16th player for us. Not now. Still good effort and keep it up. Samoa have taken the first step. Will they upset either of SA or Wales at the RWC? Quite possibly.

Congratulations Samoa! I think Australia were foolish to pass up points on offer in a test match. The records will show that final score forever. And although I'm sure Australia will be a whole lot better next week after that wake up call,today belonged to Samoa.

Proudest supporter for samoa

I was in so much tears after this game. The boys played with so much passion and heart for our country. Too come away with a win against a top rugby nation now that is priceless. Here we are with the lack of facilities etc but to turn up and put in a lot effort, this is the best moment ever for us samoans. Small nation and with not a lot of money to keep top players declaring their allegiance for Samoa. Goes to show how much pride our boys can be when they put on that jersey. From number 1 to 15 and also their bench players i have got to take off my hat. Thank you very much boys for putting your body on the line and playing the full 80mins. You did your country PROUD. Malo le fa'amalosi. Malo le taalo fa'atamali'i.

I am pretty sure now that we should not be taken lightly at the world cup. Having the RWC in NZ is like having it at home for all the P.I Teams. This should send a strong message out to the top 10 teams in the world that we will compete as there will be plenty of SUPPORT. Wales will need to fight hard and also SA. It doesn't really matter what team you put on. The P.I Teams will play and play hard.

Biggest upset in Rugby History.

Not at all. We will play a near completely second string team against Fiji and we will still win comfortably.Come off it mate. Samoa are not exactly a powerhouse of world rugby are they. You should be able to put Australia "A" up against them, and still win.I say Australia lacks depth. That is my opinion, and I am sticking with it. As evidence, a present you Samoa 32 - Australia 23. I also present you the fact that the Melbourne Rebels need to have special ARU exemptions to allow them to play a lot of foreign imported players in their team. Why would they do that unless they knew that they didn't have enough Australians to fill the spots?
Definatly lack depth i'm with you, they are in trouble

Latest posts